It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chances of WMD attack in big city greater: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Chances of WMD attack in big city greater: report

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The chances of a terror attack on a major city somewhere in the world using weapons of mass destruction are better than even, according to a task force mandated by the U.S. Congress, The Washington Post reported in its Tuesday edition.

A draft study by the panel warns of growing threats from rogue states, nuclear smuggling rings and the spread of atomic information in the developing world, the newspaper reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So we see that amid more terror attacks in India, and rioting in Thailand comes this report warning that an attack on the homeland via WMD seems greater in chance. Conditioning the public. It will also reinforce the efforts to install more federal security in the homeland as evident in the report today about 20,000 additional personnel to prepare for such an attack. The report also singles out Pakistan, only fueling the fire of tension between the US and Pakistan.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I guess this should probably be deleted. Although the report by the AP concentrated on a biological attack. Does it really matter?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Very, Very Glad I will be getting out of the city in the next few months. Counting the days until I'm in the Mountains.

Not just because of this, but if the economy is going to stink regardless as a best case scenario, I'll be riding this next few years out on a Snowboard

top topics

join