It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon To Detail 20,000 Troops To Bolster Domestic Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.

The long-planned shift in the Defense Department's role in homeland security was recently backed with funding and troop commitments after years of prodding by Congress and outside experts, defense analysts said.

There are critics of the change, in the military and among civil liberties groups and libertarians who express concern that the new homeland emphasis threatens to strain the military and possibly undermine the Posse Comitatus Act, a 130-year-old federal law restricting the military's role in domestic law enforcement.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I get the feeling that 'something is afoot' here, this just doesn't feel like business as usual to me. Any ideas what they could be up to? Could this be the beginning of a civilian crackdown by the NWO?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
NOT ONE OF YOU feel the repurcussions????

for shame... for shame....

what the ??? does "other domestic catastrophe" mean?????

Regardless of who recognises this at this time or not, Im comfy knowing that i warned some of the best 'on point' people around.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Grock]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Grock]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The single most important post I have ever seen on this site.

NWO coming to a town near you.

HOPE AND CHANGE BABY!

And Obamunnist Re-education camps.

Wonder what our Zyklon-B will be...

Constitutional Republic = Fini

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
this is ancient news

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is just one of those things no one really cares about. The public in general is just too stupid.

This article is telling us no more than: We established a new department within the US Government called the Department of Homeland Security, the police force of virtually every city within the USA has had police officers added from Federal grants and money from DHS, billions of dollars have been spent for communication equipment and new communications centers in virtually every county of the USA, billions of dollars have been spent for training of first responders and police departments for any emergency, billions of dollars have been spent to supply every city within the USA for anything from NBC attacks to police vehicles to specialized equipment for any emergency to heavier weapons that officers now carry or have access to; THEN YOU TELL ME we need the military to do the job.

Has every damn penny of this money been wasted away or are the State and local police just that fu**ing incompetent to do their job!

Forget the idea of securing our borders. You can't go to any construction site without see at least one crew of illegal aliens from different countries. Forget the Muslims, they are the least of my worries. We have done this to ourselves and every damn politician that has been in Washington for the last 25 years is to blame. Every damn one of them should be used as a Christmas ornament on a convenient lamp post.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
This is just one of those things no one really cares about. The public in general is just too stupid.

This article is telling us no more than: We established a new department within the US Government called the Department of Homeland Security, the police force of virtually every city within the USA has had police officers added from Federal grants and money from DHS, billions of dollars have been spent for communication equipment and new communications centers in virtually every county of the USA, billions of dollars have been spent for training of first responders and police departments for any emergency, billions of dollars have been spent to supply every city within the USA for anything from NBC attacks to police vehicles to specialized equipment for any emergency to heavier weapons that officers now carry or have access to; THEN YOU TELL ME we need the military to do the job.

Has every damn penny of this money been wasted away or are the State and local police just that fu**ing incompetent to do their job!

Forget the idea of securing our borders. You can't go to any construction site without see at least one crew of illegal aliens from different countries. Forget the Muslims, they are the least of my worries. We have done this to ourselves and every damn politician that has been in Washington for the last 25 years is to blame. Every damn one of them should be used as a Christmas ornament on a convenient lamp post.

I especially like this quote from your post -

Sadly, I have to agree with you 100%

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
let's take atlanta for instance. i've been here for about a month. since the election of obama there has been a black/white role reversal dipicting back in the 40/50s and the white's are getting a good dose of their own medicine. it's not a good feeling. what do you think would happen should obama not be allowed to take office january 20th.

there has been billions of dollars poured into georgia military www.abovetopsecret.com... w/a 2009 deadline.

you have the fema coffins in georgia www.abovetopsecret.com...

and just last evening there was another bomb thread of some kind at the airport.

there is an air of hostility and it's oppresive.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

and the white's are getting a good dose of their own medicine.

And just what the heck is that supposed to mean?
Please don't make comments like that and elude to the idea that all white people are racist bigots that deserve to get "their own medicine".

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was illegal for any branch of the military aside from coast guard and national guard to be mobilized inside of the united states.

is this true?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Thats what I thought also. Its funny how the government would not do this to protect our borders but now they will do it to protect us from a possible attack in the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

years ago the blacks were oppressed by the whites. surely you are familiar with this err. i'm not making this a raciest issue. the issue i am making is a possible reason of troops being deployed on us soil due to civil unrest and i speak of atlanta. does this help explain where i am coming from or should i go into detail why billions of dollars have been spent on upgrading military housing, the fema coffins and the like. please, i do not wish to start "eluding" to something off topic. thanks for your reply post and good luck to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The Pentagon's plan calls for three rapid-reaction forces to be ready for emergency response by September 2011. The first 4,700-person unit, built around an active-duty combat brigade based at Fort Stewart, Ga., was available as of Oct. 1, said Gen. Victor E. Renuart Jr., commander of the U.S. Northern Command.

If funding continues, two additional teams will join nearly 80 smaller National Guard and reserve units made up of about 6,000 troops in supporting local and state officials nationwide. All would be trained to respond to a domestic chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or high-yield explosive attack, or CBRNE event, as the military calls it.

Military preparations for a domestic weapon-of-mass-destruction attack have been underway since at least 1996, when the Marine Corps activated a 350-member chemical and biological incident response force and later based it in Indian Head, Md., a Washington suburb. Such efforts accelerated after the Sept. 11 attacks, and at the time Iraq was invaded in 2003, a Pentagon joint task force drew on 3,000 civil support personnel across the United States.

In 2005, a new Pentagon homeland defense strategy emphasized "preparing for multiple, simultaneous mass casualty incidents." National security threats were not limited to adversaries who seek to grind down U.S. combat forces abroad, McHale said, but also include those who "want to inflict such brutality on our society that we give up the fight," such as by detonating a nuclear bomb in a U.S. city.

In late 2007, Deputy Defense Secretary Gordon England signed a directive approving more than $556 million over five years to set up the three response teams, known as CBRNE Consequence Management Response Forces. Planners assume an incident could lead to thousands of casualties, more than 1 million evacuees and contamination of as many as 3,000 square miles, about the scope of damage Hurricane Katrina caused in 2005.

Last month, McHale said, authorities agreed to begin a $1.8 million pilot project funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency through which civilian authorities in five states could tap military planners to develop disaster response plans. Hawaii, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Washington and West Virginia will each focus on a particular threat -- pandemic flu, a terrorist attack, hurricane, earthquake and catastrophic chemical release, respectively -- speeding up federal and state emergency planning begun in 2003.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Mystery Prison Buses in the Desert

On a recent visit to Tucson, Arizona, where I was invited to give a presentation on monetary reform, I was disturbed by a story of strange goings on in the desert. A little over a year ago, it seems, a new industrial facility sprang up on the edge of town. It was in a remote industrial zone and appeared to be a bus depot. The new enterprise was surrounded by an imposing security fence and bore no outward signs identifying its services. However, it soon became apparent that the compound was in the business of outfitting a fleet of prison buses. Thirty or so secondhand city buses were being reconfigured with prison bars in the windows and a coat of fresh paint bearing the “Wackenhut G4S” logo on the side.
www.globalresearch.ca...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

this is quite disturbing; something is amiss not only within our borders (usa) but globally. this danish owned corporation is gearing up w/dhs pursuant to the passing of the patriot act II.

new topics

top topics

join