It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood offers gift vouchers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Planned Parenthood offers gift vouchers

www.washingtontimes.com

Indiana residents in need of a quick stocking stuffer this holiday season have an unusual option: Planned Parenthood gift certificates.

The group's Hoosier State chapter on Wednesday began selling gift certificates redeemable at any of its 35 facilities for any service provided -- from basic health screenings to birth control to abortions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thebulletin.us

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is just sickening. For Christmas, you get to kill your unborn child. Not only that, but you get to do it at a discount. This is an absolute perversion of choice.

Not only that, but the group is also known to be a non-profit that is able to, surprisingly, rake in an enormous profit. As well, they have been noted for their ability to look away when the legal ramifications dont lend themselves to their "bottom line".

www.washingtontimes.com

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

People have their own opinions.

For some, people think that women want to kill their own children. For others like myself on the left believe it's a choice.

There is nothing perverse about it. Have you ever been a child-bearing person? You might want to read accounts from other people about their experiences with abortions before you dismiss it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Dont get me wrong, I do understand that there are circumstances where abortion is valid. I fully support a woman's choice to abort after, say, a rape or if it will harm or kill the mother. I just dont agree with a Christmas promotion that supports rampant abortion "just because".
Regardless of my religious beliefs, I do respect the original meaning of Christmas as it applies to the faith. As well, to me this is a season of growth, family, friends, and joy. That is why I find this "promotion" to be attrocious.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The extremist whacks at Planned Parenthood do strange things each Christmas. Nothing like celebrating the birth of a child by providing vouchers to kill children with, eh?

I wonder if Margaret Sangers picture will show up on them? :shk:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I do respect the original meaning of Christmas as it applies to the faith. As well, to me this is a season of growth, family, friends, and joy.

By original meaning of christmas, you mean perverting other faiths hollidays tosuit your own needs to convert? what does that have to do with anti abortion? Because if you want truth, as your name implies, then the truth is christ was not born on christmas.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Finn1916]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Planned Parenthood also offers affordable and accessible health screening, STD treatment, and birth control to a lot of women who might not otherwise get it.

I don't know how you could do a study on this, but I bet they prevent more unwanted pregnancies than they end, or than "abstinence-only" groups prevent.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are alot of reasons a woman might go to Planned Parenthood. Yes, mostly associated with abortion, but NOT the only thing they offer! I'd be like saying Midas is in kahoots with Big Oil because they offer oil changes...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
FINN: Wasn't Jesus born in March or something like that? I forget.. Hmmm....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Albeit, vouchers for abortion might be a little too much, but you're seriously just nitpicking. In the article it also states that it gives discounts for EVERYTHING ELSE, do you realize how much an annual costs if you have no insurance? I had to pay $50 for a prescription and $70 for another, with insurance. PP happens to be a bit cheaper as it goes, but still expensive nonetheless.

I'm sure if your regional hospital were handing out vouchers for similar things it would be a great PR move.

Also take a look at abortion laws in Indiana
Women's Med Center, Indiana
Indiana Abortion Laws

It's legal there so why not?

edit again because my previous edit wasn't posted.
Long story short, I used to go to PP all the time, both before and after turning 18 (free exams for underage girls!) I've never been in a position where I had to choose to have an abortion or not (thank God). So saying that the only reason to go to PP is for abortion is false, they are still significantly cheaper that most clinics, and they are a great option if your mother thinks that going to any sort of gyno before you're married makes you a harlot.
[edit on 2-12-2008 by bandaidctrl]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Yeah it was definately in the spring, every story speaksof jesus bei born when his parents went to fill out their cencus card, and those hapened in the spring, when it was safer to travel cause it snows in the winter.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We actually were trying to figure that out this week. The closest people can figure is either June or July.

The bible says that shepherds were tending their flocks in the fields at night. They only do that in the summer months.

Also - the essenes would all get married and get pregnant around December. At that time Mary was already pregnant so she must have concieved in September or October.

The few hints we have point to June or so.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Anyone interested should check out my clinic. It's in the ally behind the PP clinic and we're running a special BOGO on clothes-hanger scrapes (Chinese hangers only). That works out to be 2 scrapes for $49.95 plus we throw in a free "My Uterus survived Moonsouljah's back-ally scrapes" maternity t-shirt.

We have to run such a good deal before Obama's free healthcare runs us out of business. The Fed is gonna start financing "fetus bailouts" on a TARP.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There are alot of reasons a woman might go to Planned Parenthood. Yes, mostly associated with abortion, but NOT the only thing they offer!

For the sake of accuracy, You couldn't be more wrong.

Planned Parenthood Statistics

In 2002, PP did 225,000 abortions, but ten times that amount got contraception (women).

Abortions Procedures 227,375
Contraception, Women 2,208,483
Contraception, Men 60,476
Emergency Contraception Kits 633,756
Male Sterilizations 2,522
Female Sterilizations 680
Infertility 325
Colposcopy Procedures 31,248
Cryotherapy Procedures 3,913
HIV Testing, Women 126,477
HIV Testing, Men 48,991
Primary care 24,483
Midlife clients 10,575
Breast Exams/Breast Care 1,062,727
Pregnancy tests 1,081,772
Prenatal clients 15,860
LOOP/LEEP Procedures 1,529
STI Procedures, Women & Men 1,255,036
Other Services, Women 58,626
Other Services, Men 17,905

Planned Parenthood is just what the name says and more. People get breast exams, HIV testing, pregnancy tests and lots of other services there. For many years, Planned Parenthood has offered reasonably priced family planning and care to those who can't otherwise afford it. They are a responsible and reputable organization.

I think it's wonderful that they are offering a discount on their procedures.

Moonsouljah

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think what jkdup mean was whenou hear about planned parenthood most people first think of abortions. Manypeople have no idea they offer as many services as they do.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth

This is just sickening. For Christmas, you get to kill your unborn child. Not only that, but you get to do it at a discount. This is an absolute perversion of choice.

Not only that, but the group is also known to be a non-profit that is able to, surprisingly, rake in an enormous profit. As well, they have been noted for their ability to look away when the legal ramifications dont lend themselves to their "bottom line".

www.washingtontimes.com

Well, it seems that you totally missed this quote from the article:

Betty Cockrum, president and chief executive of Planned Parenthood of Indiana, said the program was initiated in response to the state's ailing economy.

"Our patients are principally low-income women, and so, needless to say, those patients are more challenged now than ever," Ms. Cockrum said. "We find that when women are [financially] strapped, they're more worried about putting food on the table and gas in their car, and their health care is often put by the wayside."

Seems to me more like they're promoting better health care and pregnancy prevention among the groups that need it the most.

I saw nothing whatsoever in that article which implied in any way, shape or form that they were promoting Christmas abortions.

It seems that it had never occurred to you that things like annual exams and pregnancy prevention are actually a healthy thing for women.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Not to go on and on, but could you also explain to me how you derived from this quote from the article that Planned Parenthood is promoting Christmas abortions [or even abortions, period]?

Ms. Cockrum said that while the certificates may be redeemed for abortions, "I can't imagine that could happen."

"An abortion is a tragic and urgent situation in a women's life, and gift certificates don't lend themselves to that," she said.

Ms. Cockrum added that the vast majority of services provided by Planned Parenthood are for basic health care, such as Pap tests, which cost $58 at the group's centers.

"Even a gift certificate for $25 goes a long way toward what's potentially a life-saving but certainly just essential, basic health care for a loved one," she said.

In fact, can you even point out any place, any place at all in the article where Planned Parenthood says that it's hoping to get lots of Christmas abortions through this new gift certificate program?

[edit on 12/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

[edit on 12/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Abortions for Christmas, well isn't that special! And he knows who is naughty and nice?Isn't Christmas for children as they say?

Although it does seem fitting as Christ Mass is in fact a pagan ritual of death of children that were fertilized on the Easter pagan holiday.

This has got to be the SICKEST thing I have seen on ATS to date...

GOD FORGIVE THEM IF HE CHOOSES!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The extremist whacks at Planned Parenthood do strange things each Christmas. Nothing like celebrating the birth of a child by providing vouchers to kill children with, eh?

The "extremist whacks" at Planned Parenthood just happen to be providing a necessary service to women all around the country. Where do you get off trying to force your moronic "child killer" facade on such a legitimate and beneficial practice? Are you one of those who would prefer women who can't even afford contraception try to raise a child?

I'm not sure if you're aware, but raising a child costs quite a bit of money and we already have a staggering overpopulation problem in the world. Why there is this mentality that it's a woman's obligation to "have sex only to raise a child and for nothing else" is beyond me.

If you have a problem with contraception or abortion, then don't use it. But don't try to force your tired ideals on everybody else. Nobody wants to resort to abortion and its a difficult decision for all, but in the end its up to the mother, and NO ONE else.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
lets not forget the origins of Planned Parenthood. Yes, unwanted children.. but unwanted by who?

www.blackgenocide.org...

At a March 1925 international birth control gathering in New York City, a speaker warned of the menace posed by the "black" and "yellow" peril. The man was not a Nazi or Klansman; he was Dr. S. Adolphus Knopf, a member of Margaret Sanger's American Birth Control League (ABCL), which along with other groups eventually became known as Planned Parenthood.

Sanger's other colleagues included avowed and sophisticated racists. One, Lothrop Stoddard, was a Harvard graduate and the author of The Rising Tide of Color against White Supremacy. Stoddard was something of a Nazi enthusiast who described the eugenic practices of the Third Reich as "scientific" and "humanitarian." And Dr. Harry Laughlin, another Sanger associate and board member for her group, spoke of purifying America's human "breeding stock" and purging America's "bad strains." These "strains" included the "shiftless, ignorant, and worthless class of antisocial whites of the South."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join