It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bombing In India New Terrorist Attack on Passenger Train BREAKING

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
reply to post by Darthorious

None...

Israel is the only country who do not need a destabilzation in the region. Besides Israel has their hands full with Syria, Iran, Hamas and others, they certainly don't need another country in their plate.

Pakistan isn't on Israel's plate. They are on the USA's plate at Israels behest, as are Iraq and soon Iran.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
it looks like they are trying to say this is a different terrorist group ( more homegrown).

I'm more worried this is like that last one and it will only start as 1 bomb and 3 dead then many bombs and many dead.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sounds homegrown, but maybe that is what they wanted (and what I mean by "they" is the terrorists):

Karbi Tribe Karbis are among the tribal communities, who inhabit areas in Karbi Anglong District of Assam. They are also known by the name Mikir. The tribe members live in houses, which are built on a bamboo platform using timber posts. Primarily these people are engaged in the field of agriculture. They cultivate rice in their own lands. Karbis possess their own dialects and customs. Their custom allows cross-cousin marriages. They believe in Hinduism and worship many Hind God and Goddess. The Chojun Puja (Swarak Puja), Rongker, Sokk-erroi and Chomangkan are the main festivals. On these festive occasions the community members perform traditional dances. Hacha Kekan is a famous dance form performed during the harvest festivals.

www.india9.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good find. I'm RSS'ing this and Pakistan's major news outlets. So this is only going to add to the flaming pretext fueling war with Pakistan from US and Britain. All the while bringing more tenstion between India and Pakistan (assuming that it will be blamed on terrorists from Pakistan eventually). The pure fact that both these countries have nukes should be cause for concern. Not because they HAVE nukes, but because of the tension created from these attacks. The middle east fire is growing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thereby setting up the precedent for homegrown terrorists like ats'ers in a netshell.

link   
Wow, found this article when trying to find additional info on this latest attack. Sounds like the people of India are to the brink of demanding war with Pakistan. This article was released before the recent attacks today.

India is a wee bit upset

link   

Originally posted by passenger

You've got to be kidding! Yeah - blame the Jews! They MUST be involved!
Could it possibly be that maybe - just maybe- there are a bunch of nut-job Islamic Extremists that just want to blow stuff up for Allah? Could it be that someone in the world might have a motivation other than supporting the secret Zionist Cabal? (dramatic music cue here)
How about just looking at the facts and placing blame where it belongs? Don't blame Israel for everything.

Money is a far more realistic motivator for manipulating world events than merely being a nutjob who enjoys killing, imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey think about it. With US troops massed in Pakistan after we invade it will give us yet another launch point for the Iranian invasion. Hey if China wants a piece Pakistan is on their border too!!!! [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerelleon

A "Hornet's Nest" as coined by Jack Black. The people of India may want revenge, in the form of a mushroom cloud, and that is fine, because

broadband.indiatimes.com...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

CBS picked it up:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Do you really think nukes will fly over this? I'm sorry, but I don't think so. The two countries hate each other, but MAD will prevent one country from launching nukes, IMHO.

You know, I'm not so sure with this kind of rhetoric:

Pakistan, India trade nuclear war of words

"India will be taught an unforgettable lesson if they ever launch a nuclear attack on Pakistan," he said.

"Our response will be a historic lesson for them if they used the nuclear option."

On Tuesday reports quoted Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes as saying that in any nuclear exchange India would easily absorb a nuclear hit whereas Pakistan would "cease to exist."

India could "take a bomb or two or more... but when we respond there will be no Pakistan," the Press Trust of India quoted him as saying.

(Source: CNN)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I found another interesting article released today talking about a long time train bomber living in the Punjab region. India has apparently wanted him extradited but has not as of yet. Maybe a posible source for this train bombing?

Possible suspect or mentore for this bombing's suspect?

"We have suffered because we have abandoned our traditions and strayed into democracy," he said. "The democratic system is not Islamic but a Jewish and Christian import from Europe ... In Islam, God is the ruler but democracy gives rights to all people."

His attention was focused on Kashmir but he indicated that it might not end there. "At this time our contest is Kashmir. Let's see when the time comes. Our struggle with the Jews is always there." After the 9/11 attacks, Pakistan banned the group.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Why does everyone think Israel is behind all of the terrorist attacks? If you only knew the truth it would scare the mortal h--- right out of you and you would run to the nearest church and beg GOD to forgive you for being an uneducated person. That is putting it nicely.

Mossad has prevented more terrorist atttacks than you can possibly imagine. Alot of them being directed at the United States and citizens abroad. They are our closest ali next to GB. Before you say anything else about Israel, visit there and see what they go through on a daily basis.

They are great people and they help us more than you can possibly imagine.

Yours truely,

Former U.S. Marine
Recon and Intel Community

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Pakistan, India trade nuclear war of words

"India will be taught an unforgettable lesson if they ever launch a nuclear attack on Pakistan," he said.

"Our response will be a historic lesson for them if they used the nuclear option."

On Tuesday reports quoted Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes as saying that in any nuclear exchange India would easily absorb a nuclear hit whereas Pakistan would "cease to exist."

India could "take a bomb or two or more... but when we respond there will be no Pakistan," the Press Trust of India quoted him as saying.

(Source: CNN)

Dude, your source is from a 2003 article. How about something a little more current.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Dude, your source is from a 2003 article. How about something a little more current.

How observant. Dude.

That was from the last big stand-off between the two nuclear powers; I was just trying to show the obvious tension there is.

And anyway, 2003 isn't that long ago, is it? Not in the scheme of things.

What's changed since then? Oh, yeah. There's been a huge terrorist on India — linked directly back to its arch, nuclear-armed foe. Pakistan.

I hope that's recent enough for you, though. Dude.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

How observant. Dude.

That was from the last big stand-off between the two nuclear powers; I was just trying to show the obvious tension there is.

And anyway, 2003 isn't that long ago, is it? Not in the scheme of things.

What's changed since then? Oh, yeah. There's been a huge terrorist on India — linked directly back to its arch, nuclear-armed foe. Pakistan.

I hope that's recent enough for you, though. Dude.

If you really think nukes will fly over this, then well...I feel sorry for you. It's no secret that both countries hate each other and have nukes. Posting an article from nearly 6 years ago doesn't prove a thing. Perhaps you have heard of mutual assured destruction. As you said obvious tensionDUDE!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dudes! enough!

On yahoo news, dudes.

news.yahoo.com...

The blast comes just days after suspected Muslim militants attacked targets across Mumbai, killing at least 172 people and injuring 239. Tuesday's blast was not seen as related to the Mumbai attacks.

War diffused. Woo, that was a close one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Dudes! enough!

On yahoo news, dudes.

news.yahoo.com...

The blast comes just days after suspected Muslim militants attacked targets across Mumbai, killing at least 172 people and injuring 239. Tuesday's blast was not seen as related to the Mumbai attacks.

War diffused. Woo, that was a close one.

Exactly, all I was saying that nukes flying was a little premature.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If you really think nukes will fly over this, then well...I feel sorry for you.

I didn't say it would. I said I wasn't sure, flower.

It's no secret that both countries hate each other and have nukes.

Yeah, I know. Dangerous, eh?

Posting an article from nearly 6 years ago doesn't prove a thing.

Threatening each other with nuclear annihilation? I think it proves how serious the last 'situation' was, how serious the current situation is — and how much more serious it could get.

DUDE!

Heh.

Next?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think the fact the the bombing wasn't even related to the recent terror attacks pretty much diffuses this whole thing. I really don't want to argue with you Chips, I was just saying that the countries launching nukes over this was premature, that's all.
And calling me flower doesn't really further the discussion.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nyarlathotep

Never mind, eh.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of lively debate, though. That's why I love ATS.

Welcome to my friends list.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join