It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a movie predict Mumbai attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is just crazy!! I was wondering why noone found this on ATS yet. If this is a thread already let me know.

OK ATS take a look at this link to the movie

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I remember watching this a while back on television (subtitles).

It's about the 1993 bombings, that actually did happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes but not on BLACK FRIDAY>>>>>

Coincidence?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Not everything is a conspiracy.

This is not a one line post.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There is. When you are on a conspiracy site....what else are you here for?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ya, this is a movie about something that actually happened in the 90's.
I don't think because we are on a conspiracy site we should try to force and twist the conspiracies out lol.
Plus for the last month or longer every friday comming up is supposed to be "black friday" lol

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If you actually read the link you provided you would have seen a link to here:
en.wikipedia.org...

The 1993 Bombay bombings were a series of thirteen bomb explosions that took place in Bombay (now Mumbai), India on March 12, 1993.[3] The coordinated attacks were the most destructive bomb explosions in Indian history. The single-day attacks resulted in up to 250 civilian fatalities and 700 injuries.[4] The attacks are believed to have been coordinated by Dawood Ibrahim, don of the organized crime syndicate named D-Company, which had operated as a terrorist organization.[5] It is believed that the attacks were carried out in retaliation for widespread massacre of Muslims in Mumbai during December and January, and also the demolition of the Babri Masjid.

Please, deny ignorance and all...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yes and if YOU actually read it you would see that it directly also sites a correlation between the 2008 attacks and the movie....DENY THAT

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

What? This?

Four years later, the November 2008 Mumbai attacks happened, around the American shopping holiday called "Black Friday", which added extra significance to the name of the film after the second wave of attacks.

have a look down the bottom, it says when the page was last updated

This page was last modified on 30 November 2008, at 20:39.

OMG Someone updated it after the latest attacks because it has similarities.

STOP THE PRESS!

If anything the 1993 attacks set a precedent, that is all.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That is what I was asking peoples thoughts is it crap or not. Not for me to say. Just a very STRANGE coincidence---you cannot deny that!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Its no coincident, it was very well planned and has nothing to do with the movie about the 93 bombings. Stop the sillyness!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

its not a coincidence if it was edited after the attack.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When it was posted on Wikipedia is not the issue. It was when the movie (Black Friday) about terrorist attacks (in 1993) was made versus when it (terrorist attacks) happened (Black Friday in 2008).

Ignore the coincidence if you like.

If there was a movie made in 1998 called September 11th about the 1993 terror attacks on the WTC and then 4 years later the 9/11 attacks occurred then maybe you would take notice. ........

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You are just talking out of your arse here. 12. March 1993 was a friday, hence the "Black Friday" title. There is no conspiracy or mysterious coincident here...now move along please.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Adds to similarity not the differences. Thanks for helping my cause!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the day of a calamity is often called "black ----day", so an attack on tuesday the 5th of june will lead to the day being referred to as "black tuesday".

i have no idea why last friday was refered to as "black friday" in the states but the movie is obviously refering to the day of the first bombings.

the co-incidence isn't huge, it's a one in seven chance and i bet a quick google will get you a black monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and saturday. sunday is often bloody as opposed to black, dunno why.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
most often it's prudent to keep mum,
in this case, the movie that commerorates a terror operation
should not have been made for general consumption for the public.

stuff like that might be viewed as a roadmap for suggestable terrorist minds and give them inspiration to copy the deed.

now, as a training film, a terror operation production would be of value,
so counter-terrorism workers & agents might be more alert to conditions in the world around them, which may make such a event likely.

otherwise, the blood & guts film story is only adding to the heightened anxiety of the collective-subconscious psyche...
word of mouth and inter personel exchange of ideas & stories is another way of spreading the 'story' to look out for terror attack squads in the Indo-Pakistan regions

join