It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S4 Papoose Lake Viewing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is there any way to view Papoose dry lake bed from a civilian area nearby?

S4

LINK
Here's a report from a person who was close to the site, although he did not know its significance

His objective: To find an inscription made in 1849 by a member of a lost and desperate wagon train that eventually gave Death Valley its name. Also, Freeman wanted to see Papoose Dry Lake, the last place where the group of would-be gold-diggers camped together before splintering in search of water.

LINK

He was definitely there -- within about 3 miles of the Papoose Lake bed and perhaps 5 south of Lazar's "Secret Saucer Base." At night, he saw two lights near the Papoose lake bed, as reported in the article.... "Freeman saw several lights. One appeared to be a security vehicle that moved around. Another, however, was stationary and appeared to get larger and smaller -- as would a hangar door as it opened and closed."

it sounds interesting, i was wondering if any Nevada locals could shed light on these reports and if they are bogus of real.

thanks for reading

sorry in advance is this type of material has been addressed before here at ATS
i did a search and found nothing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How on earth did he get so close? I thought they had motion detectors and am almost sure they bought up more land around the place a few years ago to keep it more secure?

He was lucky he didn't get arrested.

Regardless of the UFO subject it is still (or was- I thought it had moved to Utah as they couldn't get any peace to test stuff) used to test exotic craft and he could have been shot.

Other than that you should try Zorgon, I think he lives near?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I found the original Las Vegas Sun story

Las Vegas SUN

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The supposed S-4 location can be seen on satellite imagery. Oh, I suppose there is the possibility that the images are altered.

When the Divine Strake fuel air explosion was still being considered, I checked out the location on Mt. Stirling where Tom Mahood said that S-4 could be viewed. [I don't put any faith into the S-4 story from Lazar, so I had no interesting in looking for S-4]

Here are two panoramas I made from the spot that should have a view of S-4:
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

I didn't bother to haul a scope up to this viewing location, but it is about 1/4 a Tikaboo, so viewing with a scope would be easy. You can see I'm high enough to see the Yucca Dry Lake, though pershaps not high enough to see the new runway at the base of the lake. [Now that would be worth the snoop.]

The coordinates from my GPS are
N36.46673 W115.96348

Regarding Freeman getting past security, if a person could do the hike as Freeman suggested he did, I doubt he would trip any sensors. If you poke around the NTS oral history, there are protesters that have made it very far into the test site and got to ride out the test.

I should point out that I didn't climb to the peak of Mt. Stirling, but rather just walked up the fire road and then up a small hill. Probably the 7000ft level. The peak is at 8217.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Jerry Freeman was renowned for his "adventures."

articles.latimes.com...

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/1999/01/28/MN996CH.DTL

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
mis post

[edit on 5-12-2008 by dalek]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Here are two panoramas I made from the spot that should have a view of S-4:
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

can you point out any areas of interest in these photos
thank you

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Jerry Freeman was renowned for his "adventures."

articles.latimes.com...

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/1999/01/28/MN996CH.DTL

GZ for sending Freeman to hell,
but

Is there any way to view Papoose dry lake bed from a civilian area nearby?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dalek

Did you miss my post? Mt Stirling.

new topics

top topics

join