It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of soulmates?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Hmmm. Interesting.

To be honest I also worry that this meeting is so that we can "do" something. Other signs keep cropping up (I didn't use to believe in those either). I keep meeting people that are in similar situations as I go through them...just little stuff, synchronizations.

I hope that this wasn't all so that we could do one act that completes a tapestry. I really just hope this ends up being just for me. Selfish, yes. Still...it is like magic, yeh? This feeling.

Who would ever want to give it up once you have it? Can't it sometimes just be about the fairy tale and not a quest?

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rintendo

Well, trust me the way I feel about my two best friends baffles the hell out of me as well. I do understand it, but it still surprises me how I met the second one, and in no time at all it feels like a warm blanket. You just want to pull it tighter up around you, all the while there is a big smile on my face.

Here is another example, I'm an over eater when I'm depressed. When I'm around my friend I lose my appetite for over eating. I'm full, I do not require more, I'm completely content.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sure it can be all about you.

Just like it can be about something bigger.

It can be and will be whatever you believe it will be. (Not what you want it to be - what you believe it will be.)

If it's meant to be about something bigger and you don't jump for it because you need things to stop where you're at - the Universe will find someone else for the big picture or if it's your dharma (you can always try again next time.)

At some point you may find you will have so many synchronized events that doubts poof away. And the more you have - the more on track you may be. And you may have asked for this - both of you. If you feel at some point that you are "blocking" progress - you'll know it deep inside. And you may want to reconsider because blocking a flow isn't usually a good thing. And if you have trust and faith (again a leap - because if there wasn't any uncertainty it would be pretty dull) you will probably enjoy where you end up. It is usually even better than you could dream.

For instance, looking back - if you feel good now - didn't it involve a leap. Or at least a step out of your comfort zone? Well, life will probably ask you for another step

and another...

don't you think?

[edit on 12/1/2008 by trusername]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

At some point you may find you will have so many synchronized events that doubts poof away. And the more you have - the more on track you may be. And you may have asked for this - both of you. If you feel at some point that you are "blocking" progress - you'll know it deep inside. And you may want to reconsider because blocking a flow isn't usually a good thing. And if you have trust and faith (again a leap - because if there wasn't any uncertainty it would be pretty dull) you will probably enjoy where you end up. It is usually even better than you could dream.

For instance, looking back - if you feel good now - didn't it involve a leap. Or at least a step out of your comfort zone? Well, life will probably ask you for another step

and another...

don't you think?

[edit on 12/1/2008 by trusername]

Yes. It involved a HUGE leap for me. My swoopie was definitely not someone I would have picked, and the relationship was/is inconvenient...on paper. The reality of it is that it makes me happy. It shouldn't, but it does.

I have started to become alienated from friends who feel that this relationship is bad for my "credibility". After all, how can you be a respected scientist and talk about reptilians? How can you remain credible if you believe in underground bases?

BTW, I don't believe that reptilians are working with the NWO in underground lairs, but now instead of shutting down the possibility I am willing to entertain it. I wouldn't have before.

In fact, when we first started talking I even said to my friends something like: I just met this dude who--you'll never believe this-- believes that 12 ft reptiles are colluding with the government. Part of why I talked to him to begin with was the fact that no one in my circle of friends would ever conjecture on anything at all outlandish. I wanted to know what sort of normal looking, normal employment, non-Renn Faire geek person could believe this stuff.

Then within maybe a week or two of having our first conversation about this stuff I was talking about him with people in my writer's circle when someone volunteered that they had been abducted by aliens. As I was rolling my eyes at him (he waited until almost the end of the night before bringing it up--I guess he felt safe because I initiated the subject) another person said that their college roommate claimed to have been abducted.

About a day or two later my best friend sent me an e-card with a Sleestak on it (I had yet to talk to her about this person).

Then it was as if the damn burst.

I would bump into people on the Metro that had books about this subject, or I would turn on the TV and the first program would be History of Project Blue Book or something to do with aliens. It was everywhere.

I don't know why, or if I just noticed it more. I really don't. Can't fathom. Nope. I just know that my very ordered (boring) existence has been illuminated. I went from Kansas into Oz. Instead of looking forward to the Naked Archaeologist I look forward to getting on the phone and YouTube-ing with him. I look forward to every word that comes from his mouth.

He's not what I wanted, and I did want another academic--preferably one that looked like Keanu Reeves (yeah, yeah). He's not what I thought would work in my life. He just feels like, as I said, a missing piece to my puzzle of life.

Oh. As a side note to the person who said that we shouldn't look for a soul mate to complete you. I am from a feminist background where I would be castigated for saying that a man is needed to complete me. In fact, my friends would flog me for it. So saying it is another leap of faith. I didn't want someone to complete me. I wanted my degree to do that; something I earned through hard work. And yet...I feel like he does.

Go figure!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe they do exist. I believe I found my soulmate. I believe that he IS my other half in every sense of the word. I explained it this way to a friend of mine who couldn't understand WHY ON EARTH we got into such huge arguments over Mario Kart.

We are ultra competitive at heart, one always wanting to be the best. While to an extreme it's can be a terrible thing, when it's in moderation can greatly benefit both sides, because we each push each other to be as great and wonderful and strong as the other. I finally found someone I can call a TRUE FRIEND and a lover beyond compare. He has what I do not and vice versa. We complete each other's thoughts and sentences more often than not, and in some cases words aren't even necessary for us to accomplish what we set out to do. I could spend every moment every second with him and not give a second thought to it, because unlike my other relationships, I've actually found a friend in him. Someone who I can actually enjoy spending my company with, enjoy sharing my life with.

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my short 20 years of living on this earth, and I can't wait for the times ahead because I know they can only get better.

Believe me with the crap I've gone through, I was a the point of no return, restraining orders, blood pressure high enough to give me a stroke even with my medication, having my heartbroken one too many times and being stupid enough to allow it to happen many more. But the day that I woke up next to him, was the most amazing day of my life, and it changed the way I viewed myself and others, he's made me a better person and I could never ever thank him enough for that.

Wow...sorry that got a bit longwinded! I just had to put my two cents in... soul mates DO exist, there might be one, there might be many, but they are out there waiting for you, just as you are waiting for them.

I'm such a sap haha someone burst my bubble quick! no wait..I take that back!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
edit: to add my soulmate also has no idea when I've signed onto my ATS account from his computer this posting his responses making it seem like I'm talking to myself

Thank you baby

[edit on 2-12-2008 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes I do not know when you post on your account from my computer. Thank you for fixing this.

I believe I have found my soulmate also.

The story above touched my heart like no one has ever touched me before

I have been going with my soulmate for about 6 months now. I can say soulmate because I knew from the first time I heard her voice she was the one for me. I heard her voice before even seeing her, which made me turn around to see the most beautiful girl walk through my door. It was literally straight out of a movie....girl walks in the room, everything turns into slow motion, guy falls in love.

The other day I told her not only did I love her, but that I was IN LOVE with her. There is a big difference between the two.

No matter how hard or how long we fight we always come to terms with it and realize it is stupid and will get us nowhere.

This girl has changed my life in ways that I cannot explain. Even if I did try to explain, it would only make sense to me, its one of the things that words cant explain. I understood everything when I looked into her eyes and told her I was in love with her.

I hope to go far with her and have her in my life for a very long time. I want to experience what life has to offer with her, I want to push the limit and make life worth living with her. She is my soulmate and I am proud to say it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I belive in soulmates deeply.. I have had the honor of meeting and being with someone who took my life to the next level. I never knew of love before I met this woman!!
She was everything to me! And it was like we where close to the same person. But it would have been me in female form!
Everything about eachother just felt right!! And not only right it was an exp I will carry with me the rest of my life!!

But as life goes.. I lost her, and she is no longer here upon this earth..
And sometimes I wonder, if there are more than 1 soulmate per person on this earth?

I mean now that I have lost her, and I have worked very hard on dealing with this loss, and learning to move on with my life.. Altho its taken me a good 5 years to do this.. And I still have this love in my heart for her.
I dont think I will ever stop loving her. But I know that she is gone, and she would want me to move on with my life and meet someone else.

But since I have had the great honor of being with a soulmate, how could anyone else stand up to what I once had..
I think it would be a little unfair to the next person I am with to constantly try to compare them to her.. I know she could never be replaced..
But I do hope with all my heart that I could meet another soulmate..

Or would that kind of thought be greedy and misplaced?
I mean some people go threw this life and dont even find 1 soulmate.
And here I am wishing with all my heart I could find my 2nd soulmate.

While I belive deeply in soulmates.. Im not sure what a soulmate entails beyond what I had the exp of living..
Do people get more than 1 soulmate if your first soulmate is lost?

I mean I dont think a person would get 2 soulmates, if your with 1 soulmate and they are still alive.. I mean that would sound a little offbeat.

But does it make sense to get more than 1 soulmate if you happen to lose the first soulmate?

Anyway thanks for the thread, and thanks for listening if you took the time to read my post.. IF anything I dont mind if no one reads this..
Its helped me get this off my chest.. And I feel much better now that I have gotten this out in writting, and off my mind

[edit on 2-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Zysin, don't be silly, you know we are soulmates!

hahaha!

Just trying a bit of humor.

Luv ya buddy!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Awe thanks baby!!! Well that answers my question then!! You can have more than 1 soulmate in this world!!

Thanks for cheering me up today!! And yes your a doll, and I love the heck out of you!!! Your one of the few girls on here that have listen to me over the years, and have given me such hope!!!

Even if you are joking around a bit, I do know you do care about me, and I do care about you!! Im glad you stopped in and wrote that out!!
You always take the time to give me a little something, and one of these days Im gong to take you out to the beach, and play a song for you..
I will also look into your eyes, and tell you what I feel!!!

Your so sweet!! Stay that way, and I will await for you upon the shore of my heart!!!

Zy5

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Soulmates, there are a few people that find theirs but a lot more that don't. If you have count yourself very lucky.
Whatever the reason the one's like me are a real lonely crowd. As you get older you become more alone......as friends and relations die off and your still looking for her.....that connection.
Karma might have a hand in this. I would like to know what went so wrong. to be so alone as I am is hell on Earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok, I read the first post. I read no more, as that was enough. I was tempted to say "Yeah big deal, you're in love. we've all done it, it's just the human condition (I think that's some sort of college-like concept). But the post as a whole resonated with me. I DO believe in soulmates. I know i have met a couple but husbands and boyfriends have thwarted this (and not just my perspective, but the "other party" as well.) I guess I have issues about this what I perceive to be injustices so I'll continue to deal will this silly (?) neurosis by myself. It is infuriating though..
Now I'll read the rest of the thread. Thanx for the rant.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

That was a beautiful statement. To avoid a 1 line post , as a single "soulmate proponent", this was truly resonant.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by merky

And yeah, i can agree with this and dig this post too............

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Cool. but too get around a 1 line post, Isn't interesting that most responses here seem to be from lucky folks who have found their soulmates? No problem, but a bit ironic isn't it? The rest of us poor bastards will keep searching...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have also met my twin flame. Has anyone have an experience of such.

Where your compelled to change and further your conciousness through this other person, where the love you have for this person and yourself, equals all life and everything on earth. That when you meet him/her you whole perspective what life is make surreal sense. The knowing cannot be ignored. When you meet your twin you unite with the divine and have the same ultimate goals, ambitions, aspiration to unite other's and radiate the true love that comes from within your soul. This is the core love between you and your twin. It's so universal and profound, it's like a never ending journey together. Each of the twin will instinctively recognise the "other opposite you" in the other when you meet. You will be able to subtley understand each other through emotions and feelings even without words. The love is so proufound and so deep. The power of love become so great, that death, distance and time won't matter or conflict your purppose with your twin. your twin is always with you, even they are not in a phsyical body with you on earth. You can feel the presence no matter the distance. These relationships are the most powerful of all and are quite rare on earth(apparently many people speculate thet 2012 is the new age of aqaurius where humanity is supposed to evolve to higher realms. More and more twin flames will come to earth to unite humanity)

Humanity has been conflicting and separating for many milennias. Now through this universal love, it will hopefully help human being's to experience's the oneness again. Which is ultimately what the universe was before the big bang.
Twin flames have a big role to play in the coming together of humanity. We are not animal's. We are spiritual being's living a human experience.

The connection's are so deep (in my experience) that I myself have spent many years avoiding my connection with my twin, but at the same time, (we are never far from each other in soul sense)wondering and trying to figure out my purpose and path as so is my twin doing likewise. In the time apart the world around me and the people that know me and my twin in person, they can automitacally recognise our connection, or our simalarities. in the physical absense, I have worked on my own inner life and radiate the love i have with my twin to the rest of the world. It actually started to happen by surprise. It started with my family and my friends and my own relationships. Peace, serenity and healing was restored. I was athetist in my time of meeting my twin flame, I also was suspicious of this whole theory of soulmates myself. Now my life and the people's live has drastically changed around me. I'm more in touch with the universe, the divine and other souls who are not on this planet, who are also helping me in my work here.

So it's pretty mind blowing. My twin is the only one that can recognise my work instinctively even though we have not been in contact physically for the last 4 years. But telepathy sometimes come through for various purposes.

Does anyone else have more feedback on this. This is notto be confused with blissmill obsessive love either. It is not to be confused with sexual love, or lust. It can happen of course that you can desire sexual relationship with your twin, and it will be quite profound of course. IMO, your connection accends to all levels that cannot be compared to your realtionships with other's in the physical world that you meet. Whether it be friendship, emotional, phyiscal, mental, sexual, but all of these would be felt on a really deep spiritual uniting feeling, when each of these experiences happen with you and your twin for whatever it maybe. Your twin is the other half of you. So you will love the other as if it's you. Your twin will always be with you and can come and go in many life times and come back as your spouse, mother, father, brother, sister companion etc. The bottom line point is you know and the other knows, your purpose combined moves humanity to the next step.
You will never separate from your twin either, even if you disconnect on earth
Earth is only a step for us.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mind is the universe]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Plato's views on love have long been misunderstood. What we call "platonic love" has been relegated to mere friendship in our minds. This is unfortunate. Plato's work was extraordinary in describing what I would consider this "twin flame" as you call it, or bashert by elevating the standards of what love is.

Love is a marriage of minds, not bodies. He was not saying that someone couldn't have sex, but that sex is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to connect on a mental and spiritual plane and refrain from sex so as to create an intimacy that can sustain without the physical.

I don't think he meant that two people in love should not have sex, could not have sex and remain in love, but I think that he did imply that sex would prevent true love from occurring because it would override the mental connection.

I think this is very true. When people begin a relationship based on sex you have the sex drive to give you that feeling of exuberance, but the chemicals of sexual attraction fade over time and you are left with someone you did not make a lasting connection with.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Rintendo..

I'm another person who has experienced something similar between myself and what I consider my soul mate. We knew each other before we met. WE can trace our paths back almost 10 years and while we didn't meet during those 10 years everything led up to the moment that we did meet and now, ive been happily married to him for 5 years and we are in our 7th year of being together. He is my pea to the pod, he is my yin to the yang, he is my everything. He was like no other, and is like no other and feel he is most definitely my soul mate. Sometimes, we even call each other at the exact same time. That happens at least once a week!!

Be happy and glad and grateful that you have found yours (Though I can already tell that you are)...But also know that you are not alone in feeling that you have found your soulmate as I am another who has.

Tela

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

So many happy people on this thread. I'm kinda glad I started it now. With all of the end of the world threads this is a happy respite.

I guess my next question is (and this is not for the naysayers and "prove it"s): Do any of you have ESP like experiences now that you have met this person and/or have you experienced lucid dreaming, precog, etc relevant to this person?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo
reply to post by Telafree

So many happy people on this thread. I'm kinda glad I started it now. With all of the end of the world threads this is a happy respite.

I guess my next question is (and this is not for the naysayers and "prove it"s): Do any of you have ESP like experiences now that you have met this person and/or have you experienced lucid dreaming, precog, etc relevant to this person?

Well yes,
I would like to keep the confidentiality of my twin and myself.
But we have had dreams together many times. Always with few words, and feelings was always commincated dominantly. It always involved gatherings and many people, and previous lessons of this life reoccur when my twin is involved. I don't know all the reasons yet behind it, but it will come eventualy as to what my subconcious or my twin tells me also.

Also if I felt a certain emotion or felt different momentarily my twin would know. I don't know if you could pick up from body language alone. I can't prove it to you now. But People who know me and know my twin in person. Would know well sure, there is something going on between the two of us.

My twinflame's siblings even know, something unique or strange goes on between us
Just from our reactions.

I'm blessed to have this person in my life. I really didnt realise this for many years. I don't dwell on it or the previous past mistakes. But it's unbelievable to realise that there is another person who is completely on the same tone, feeling and wavelength as you, and you dont even to put the extra energy to do anything. Everything just flows and comes very clear to you what you do to each other in every sense of the word.

I would even say we are even subcounciously intune to each other. Since we've moved quite a distance from each other. We still pick things up, via home, friends or just general activity around. We are even aware of each oher's slightest desire or movement.

We also have simalar upheavals, crisis life changing events around the same time. I have noticed this over the last 2 years.

Hope this might give you an idea of what my experiences were like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join