It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity-Senate bill S. 2433 The global poverty act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

I found this about what I posted earlier.

This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books.

www.govtrack.us...

Bill number sequences continue through both sessions of a two-year Congress. Bills that do not pass “die” at the end of a Congress. They can be re-introduced, but will be given a new number. H.R. or S. is the prefix of a bill depending on whether it originates in the House of Representatives or Senate.

www.law.umaryland.edu...

What happens after a bill dies?
If a bill does not pass, it is considered ‘dead’ for the rest of that Congress (Here ‘Congress’ is referred to as a period of time.) It can be introduced in the next Congress. It will get a new number and previous co-sponsors are not automatically listed as supporters. They must co-sponsor the bill again to have their support recognized for the new bill. The bill must go through the same legislative process in order to potentially become law.

www.phassociation.org...

From what I gather, this bill would have to be reintroduced and go through the legislation process all over again.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
which i'm sure it will while everyone is focused on the financial crisis and since the name of the bill sounds so "noble".

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks Good info. This Bill originated on Dec 7, 2007. Would this mean it has until Dec 2009 to pass? Should find out somehow. I am under the impression through political activists contacts that the Bill is High priority for Obama Admin. and one of first to accomplish once in office.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe if this bill does not pass we will have total anarchy in the streets and be worse than Mexico.

Most of the "smart men" in America is investing in gold and foreign currency because the dollar will become worthless, and therefore bring poverty. Our politicians, our people will do little or nothing, or would not know how to solve the problem. The only people I trust are Peter Schiff and that loud guy from that crazy investment show- these people have a sense of reality.

What I'm trying to say is research the alternative before you condem the government action. Remember it's the FED/bankers that are responsible for the chaos...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

No, it has expired if Congress has already adjourned for this year. In January, Congress will have to reintroduce it if they want to try to pass it. It will not carry Biden or Obama's name. With our current economic fiasco, I wonder if Congress will really try to reintroduce it? Obama has other fish to fry that have higher priority.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I can't find out the exact status. I would think the contrary and they would try to pass this while the public is pre-occupied with the economic crisis.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by FX44rice]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join