It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panel warns biological attack likely by 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Panel warns biological attack likely by 2013

news.yahoo.com

ASHINGTON – The United States can expect a terrorist attack using nuclear or more likely biological weapons before 2013, reports a bipartisan commission in a study being briefed Tuesday to Vice President-elect Joe Biden. It suggests the Obama administration bolster efforts to counter and prepare for germ warfare by terrorists.
"Our margin of safety is shrinking, not growing," states the report, obtained by The Associated Press. It is scheduled to be publicly released Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Okay I am tired folks.
I am tired of being bombarded with fear, terror and speculation on a hourly basis.
I am tired of fearing for my babies, my family, myself and our future.
I am tired of feeling small and insignificant, of being on constant guard for the next shoe to drop.
I am tired of never being able to catch up and feeling unprepared and unprotected from all evil big or small.
Most of all I am terrified when I look at my children, I am terrified of what the future will bring them, I am worried that I will be incapable of protecting them and I am sorry that they will not have the sheltered, naive but happy childhood that I had.
So now we have MSM predicting an outright Armageddon by 2013, what the hell has this world come too.
I am so tired...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I thought 2012 was the end.

Oh well, with so many threats around me, I think I will sit back, pop open some cold ones and enjoy life while I still have one. Anyone care to join me.

Seems like fear is taking a bigger toll on us than terrorist.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is more from the article...

The commission is also encouraging the new White House to appoint one official on the National Security Council to exclusively coordinate U.S. intelligence and foreign policy on combating the spread of nuclear and biological weapons.

One? Really just one?

The report of the Commission on the Prevention of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism, led by former Sens. Bob Graham of Florida and Jim Talent of Missouri, acknowledges that terrorist groups still lack the needed scientific and technical ability to make weapons out of pathogens or nuclear bombs. But it warns that gap can be easily overcome, if terrorists find scientists willing to share or sell their know-how.
"The United States should be less concerned that terrorists will become biologists and far more concerned that biologists will become terrorists," the report states.
The commission believes biological weapons are more likely to be obtained and used before nuclear or radioactive weapons because nuclear facilities are more carefully guarded. Civilian laboratories with potentially dangerous pathogens abound, however, and could easily be compromised.

Are they warning us or preparing us?

"The biological threat is greater than the nuclear; the acquisition of deadly pathogens, and their weaponization and dissemination in aerosol form, would entail fewer technical hurdles than the theft or production of weapons-grade uranium or plutonium and its assembly into an improvised nuclear device," states the report.

or maybe they are just distracting us?

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AjsI2wYjZuT8hThKH6NWQZus0NUE

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What is with all these studies lately?

So and so predicts massive earthquake by 2014

Government prepares for terrorist attack by 2011

The blah and blah foundation predicts possible nuclear attack by 2015

Have these sorts of things always been made like this? What purpose does it even serve other than to make people say "ut oh"?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

As far as I know after the early 80's we were free and clear except for the occasional tornado warning until September 11, 2001.
After that we ramped up big time and I mean big time.
Like I asked before, are we being warned, prepared or distracted?
or maybe we are just being further assimilated...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It would be part of the Population Control Plan that the elite have up their sleves. So I suspect that the U.S Government can only make these attacks on ourselves and blame another.

I think I hear there's something else that comes before or after these biological attacks. Something about a food shortage sham.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Considering that the only biological attacks carried out in this country have been by our own products I am leery of the probable source of the next one.

Borderless Nation Unions is hardly an appropriate stance considering the forecast. Yet the same hands force both issues. It's like they want us to BEG them to put us under a police state to keep us safe from 'them.'

The media will be their tool of choice. Watch 'em fizz!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Something strange here, are they warning or THREATNING the future Obama administration?

By 2013?

From the news item...

"The United States should be less concerned that terrorists will become biologists and far more concerned that biologists will become terrorists," the report states.

What the hell are they really saying there?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is the type of incident that I'm worried now that might be overlooked by the financial crisis. We have aready seen a major attack happening in India. I hope the US government do not relax their vigilance. The last thing that we need to happen in this country right now is a terrorist attack.

But I will add, that I just believe it just a matter of time before this happens, the reality is that those who want to carry out an attack of this nature would just need to get lucky once.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I remember seeing Khurdish people laying on the ground dead, after Saddam's gas attacks (chemical, not biological) in 1980? and I had never seen such terrifying faces of death up until then.

Biological weapons won't kill that quickly, no such luck...they will be horrifyingly slow, by comparison. And I believe the reason for this is similar to a tactic used by the VietCong in Vietnam: WOUND one soldier, take three out of the battle! By that, I mean, whoever would release such a diabolical form of death, intends to create a situation where those afflicted (infected) are in dire need of medical attention, to a degree of panic which causes people to desperatly seek help for loved ones, while healthy people try to run for thier lives.

As the CDC (Center for Disease Control) scrambles to quarantine, isolate, treat, study and vaccinate persons, they'll be a day late & a dollar short! But people are smart. They will start seeing the futility of defeating these weaponized 'bugs' (organisms), and viruses, and begin questioning authority, and quarrelling with authority to the point of civil unrest.

And we all know what that means. (Catch the movie: 'Outbreak') for what I consider to be a very realistic portrayal of a future possibility.

Anyway, everyone will want to know: who did it? My guess is those responsible will be on the tube, impeccably dressed, un-symptomatic, blaming some other country (one which they are about to invade), condemning the attack, vowing to "seek those responsible", and continuing thier elegant lifestyles supported by off-shore bank accounts, and unable to provide help. Then passing strict new "patriotic" laws that strip what little is left of the Constitution, while seeking immunity from any future prosecution of thier own wrongdoing, and being unavailable to the very people who voted them in!

[edit on 12/2/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
OK.... You guys win.
I quit.
Screw it.

When I win the lottery, I am going to buy a small Island somewhere and just watch the world burn. Hopefully all of these analysts are at ground zero when it happens. I am so sick of this.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We must accept the fact that in order for the human race to survive there will be future events both natural and man-made which will eliminate vast numbers of people. The world economies cannot sustain the current populations which are growing at alarming rates, wars and acts of terrorism could be part of a planned coordinated solution.

Get ready, the time is at hand.

They are warning you.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

We must accept the fact that in order for the human race to survive there will be future events both natural and man-made which will eliminate vast numbers of people. The world economies cannot sustain the current populations which are growing at alarming rates, wars and acts of terrorism could be part of a planned coordinated solution.

Get ready, the time is at hand.

They are warning you.

You're absolutely correct... this is a warning.

The 20,000 uniformed troops in 2011 article was a warning also.

I smell a massive Quarantine in the near future.

The question is which cities will this false flag even take place in?

East Coast? any cities in Texas? Chicago? Vegas?

I'm pretty sure it will be a coordinated attack and 4 cities will be bombed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Karl I feel the same way.
I feel like we are getting closer and closer to something, does everyone else feel that way? Like the line we are walking is very taut and about to break, like something big is about to happen.
According to the media/politicians/corporations/pundits/etc. etc. we are continuing to be led down this path and possibly preconditioned to accept what ever happens because it is out of our control.
Maybe we are just being prepared for a huge mass devastation event so when the actual event occurs we will think "oh okay I am still here so that wasnt too bad."
When/if you win that lottery PLEASE look me up, my small group will happily tag along with you to that island and work for peace of mind (and food).

[edit on 2-12-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

The news item is more specifically warning of a biological attack. This could come in the form of some lab grown super-bug that could be released in several large metropolitan cities around the world simultaneously. A super-bug that few will escape, a virus that kills within 72 hours of infection, is extremely contagious and airborne.

There is a possibility that if planned once the desired global population deaths are achieved those that have the cure will announce that, and begin to save those that have survived through injections which will only then be made available.

This method would be more desired because it can be blamed on terrorists, will not cause any destruction to buildings or infrastructure, and financially costs relatively little.

Containment, immunisation and removal or disposal of bodies will be the greatest cost and there are indications that governments around the world could be preparing for this.

I suppose that if this warning from this panel is legitimate we will all find out soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
More fear mongering for the patriotic dim witted village idiot crowd

politics have turned into such a circus as of late

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"The consequences of a biological attack are almost beyond comprehension. It would be 9/11 times 10 or a hundred in terms of the number of people who would be killed," former Sen. Bob Graham said.

www.cnn.com...

why am i reminded of Team America: World Police?

Spottswoode: From what I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.N.C.E has gathered, it would be 9/11 times 100.
Gary Johnston: 9/11 times a hundred? Jesus, that's...
Spottswoode: Yes, 91,100.
Chris: Basically, all the worst parts of the bible.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
re-posting my reply to the same news from another thread

For fun...
I searched googles news archive and found these

Search results for "Attack in US likely"

2008 - 17,800 results
2007 - 27,300 results
2006 - 30,600 results
2005 - 28,500 results

etc...

some examples:

Terror threat against US said serious
Jul 18, 2007

Experts: US Likely to Be Hit Again.
Sep 10, 2006

Giuliani: Another terror attack in US likely
Apr 5, 2006

UPI Poll: Attack on US 'likely'
Apr 26, 2007

Al Qaeda may use Iraqi network to attack US, intelligence report says
Jul 17, 2007

Pakistan militants most likely authors of future attack on US: Mullen
Jun 12, 2008

Good old MSM fear mongering

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

This is a perfect example of what I said earlier.
From the early 80's till 9/11/2001 we were doing ok after 9/11 it has been a daily (hourly?) bombardment of craziness.
It wears people down, it makes us beg for protection no matter the cost.
It is psychological warfare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join