It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Warned India in October of Potential Terror Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

U.S. Warned India in October of Potential Terror Attack

www.abcnews.go.com

U.S. intelligence agencies warned their Indian counterparts in mid-October of a potential attack "from the sea against hotels and business centers in Mumbai," a U.S. intelligence official tells ABCNews.com.

A second government source says specific locations, including the Taj hotel, were listed in the U.S. warning.

One month later, Nov. 18, Indian intelligence also intercepted a satellite phone call to a number in Pakistan known to be used by a leader of the terror group, Lashkar e Taiba, believed responsible for the weekend attack, Indian intelligence officials say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My guess is that India didn't take the U.S to seriously.
Personally I would of thought that with a population that massive the India government would of been on a higher alert with their military/police.

Of course I know that no government can protect everyone.
Some may look at this as a fasle flag?

What are your thoughts on this?

www.abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-12-2008 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I have to opine on this one.

Consider this. The US is waging a war on terror. We 'know' or 'suspect' an event will take place. WHY DIDN'T WE STOP IT?

I guess the call to the Indian consulate was considered enough 'war-like' action for the intel community eh?

If you know of such an event, and your stated mission in life is to fight against it, what were you doing while they were staging for the event? Watching? Waiting? Nice.

As they hash out the story it seems more like the same old game.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I have to opine on this one.

Consider this. The US is waging a war on terror. We 'know' or 'suspect' an event will take place. WHY DIDN'T WE STOP IT?

I guess the call to the Indian consulate was considered enough 'war-like' action for the intel community eh?

If you know of such an event, and your stated mission in life is to fight against it, what were you doing while they were staging for the event? Watching? Waiting? Nice.

As they hash out the story it seems more like the same old game.

How would you like us to have stopped it? Send the military into India? We warned them, they didn't do anything, now we are helping them pick up the pieces.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think it was staged to flare up the Pakistan-India tradition of attacking each other. This forces Pakistan to remove troops from the Afghan Border to the Indian Border. Guess what...the US is free to roam the Afghan Pakistan border.
Does anybody else see crocodile tears in this India attack?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is what I don't understand, They were given specific targets IE: "Taj Hotel" why in the hell wasn't there increased security there?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am going to use an oft used line on ATS. Bush is to blame for the mess in India. Simple to the point. No mystery here. Bush knew about the attack and utterly refused to help the poor Indian citizens. They all died because of Bush. Bush didn't do enough to help prevent this attack because he didn't send in the troops to help fight the attackers. We should have had planes full of paratroopers in the air waiting for something to happen somewhere.

Now that it has been said please check your worthless arguments at the door.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

ya, I agree. that makes more sense. I mean really think about who gains out of such an attack. Why would terrorists go out and blow up a freaking hotel????

why??? did the hotel had no discounted prices???

seriously. I agree with you 100%. It's part of a U.S plan.

Well what's next???? a pakistani-indian war????

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree with you to an extent. I think they have to right to question why noone done anything???

america nore india. I mean it is not american duty to help india out.

I seriously do think it was stages otherwise india would of had higher security in that area when they got a tip off from american intellegence.

My question here is how did the U.S knew about this????
and why would we warn India about it... yet india didn't put more security in that area???

sounds like india got instructions from the U.S on how to handle this attack and put on a show. The U.S could of provoked a attack. Meaning pump up the people to attack by spreading rumors around in the area. This cause these terrorist to attack the hotel and stir up trouble.

I just want to know why a hotel???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32

..... I mean it is not american duty to help india out.....

No disrespect intended of course, but according to the American administration it's our mandate to 'do' something about such things.

Seems to me an appropriately placed unit of special ops personnel could have stopped them dead - assuming we did 'know' about the targets ... they knew 'where' the terrorist would be, no?

Forgive me, I don't mean to be argumentative. It is just that the 'rules' change so frequently about who the good guys and bad guys are, I like to keep the ball in the air!

P.S. Why a hotel? Easy, publicity, visibility, opportunity for news saturation, problem, solution. That sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hopefully, this will lay rest any absurd conspiracy theories about how the U.S. orchestrated this event. The U.S. did its job, we warned the Indians. Its on India by this point.

Do not blame the U.S. for this. Please.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Hopefully, this will lay rest any absurd conspiracy theories about how the U.S. orchestrated this event. The U.S. did its job, we warned the Indians. Its on India by this point.

Do not blame the U.S. for this. Please.

I agree that such a statement would be illogical. The parties typically associated with the orchestration of such events are transnational; like corporations and banks.... oops, there another conspiracy for ya!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I am going to use an oft used line on ATS. Bush is to blame for the mess in India. Simple to the point. No mystery here. Bush knew about the attack and utterly refused to help the poor Indian citizens. They all died because of Bush. Bush didn't do enough to help prevent this attack because he didn't send in the troops to help fight the attackers. We should have had planes full of paratroopers in the air waiting for something to happen somewhere.

Now that it has been said please check your worthless arguments at the door.

I went back an read my own post and wow. My sarcasm may not have come across like I wanted. Anyway, the only people to blame for this incident are the attackers and the Indian Government that apparently did nothing with the intel that was given to them. Kudos to our FBI team who arrived to help with the investigation.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I feel terrible for the people of India. Yes... they were warned about a potential attack by the US. But what makes us think that it wasn't also carried out by the same people who warned them? It would not be the first time the US has set up a scenario to further their own secret agenda.
Watch what happens - I would bet we (US) are all over Pakistan (again) before Bush leaves office.

I agree with computerwiz32 - Nothing would surprise me at this time.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bush is a lame duck president. What could he have done?
If he had've gone in, then we'd be saying he wants to start a war and call in martial law. I guess the lame duck is damned no matter what he does.

But moving on....I find it incredible that american intelligence can predict the exact places for terrorist strikes overseas but are totally inept when it comes to locating their own. Just an observation.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
No one has taken into consideration that nobody knew what time this event would happen. This operation was years in the making according to the surviving gunman.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Just out of curiosity, you would cheer Bush if he decided to invade India in order to protect them from attack?
What would happen if we did that, disrupted the attack and it never made the news? Bush, the hero of the world or war criminal invading a democratic country?
Damned if I do, damned if I don't.......

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well it sounds good , they gave them all the right info way back in october , why didn't they act on it ?. It's all good in hindsight, but how much other information was passed to India in october, or any other time come to that . Was this like one genuine piece of information that actually happened whereas the other multitudes of leads and data from intel agencies in US , UK, Israeli amoungst others and RAW didn't come to pass . I'm not so sure they didn't hide this accurate piece of info in amoungst a load of duff data just so they can refer back to it and say we told you so . Therby making the govnt in India look bad , because they obviously want a regime change here , come the elections . Plus then they can squeal .. look how we missed that vital information ! , we need more national security! , we need more more men, money and resources poured into safeguarding our citizens! and ensuing loss of liberties etc .. you know .. US style.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah Bush was to blame. You see his speech when he was portraying his backing of India, no emotion AT ALL!! That shows that he had a hand in it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wonder how many warnings the U.S. sends to foreign countries on a regular basis?

I'd imagine India, which borders Pakistan of all places, has icy relations with a largely Islamic country, a huge and diverse population, and a large Islamic population itself, would probably have lots of threatening whispers flitting in and out of its borders.

Perhaps India is inundated with threats like this and they just don't have the resources or the accuracy to properly prevent such events?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join