It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venice under five feet of water as the city suffers its worst floods in 22 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe Tesla was working on something of an electrostatic force field, which could prevent any material from passing through. Let's not spend billions, constructing massive concrete barriers to the sea, which must be maintained for centuries, and reconstructed as normal sea levels change, but invest that money in new technology. It's sad how much our society today is averse to new technologies, which do not directly affect our sociability or existing modes of communication. The computer was accepted wholeheartedly, while nuclear energy technology was spurned, regardless of the almost identical environmental problems they pose, in terms of production related pollution. The former was seen as practically feasible, while the latter was too complex in nature; it posed an all too convenient threat to humanity.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sad that the America elections and the financial crisis is taking away from other "important" news around.

I have to be honest but this the first time I read about this news.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This could be a really bad thing if the infrastructre gives! Think of all the gorgeous arcitecture that would be lost.

new topics

top topics

join