It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vetting the President - A Challenge to Naysayers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Many idiots on this board continue to prop up the same conspiracy that Obama has not been vetted, that he's a Muslim, Anti-War, Christian, baby-killing, gun-banning extremist. Whatever, fine. Live in a world of delusions if that so fits you.

However, while I cannot stop people from being paranoid, I can help let others know how paranoid they are. So, with that in mind, I would like to issue out a challenge.

Here is a list of things that people are claiming Obama has not released, and due to this, is unvetted and dangerous:

Some Conspiracy Blog that People Quote As Fact

Original, vault copy of Certificate of Live Birth in the USA -- Not Released (1 version hidden in Hawaii, Original found in Kenya)

Certificate of Live Birth -- Released – Proven Counterfeit (www.ObamaFiles.com)

Obama/Dunham marriage license -- Not released

Soetoro/Dunham marriage license -- Not released

Soetoro adoption records -- Not released

Fransiskus Assisi School School application -- Released

Punahou School records -- Not released

Selective Service Registration -- Released – Proven Counterfeit

Occidental College records -- Not released

Passport (Pakistan) -- Not released

Columbia College records -- Not released

Columbia thesis -- Not released

Harvard College records -- Not released

Harvard Law Review articles -- None (maybe 1, Not Signed)

Baptism certificate -- None

Medical records -- Not released

Illinois State Senate records -- None (Locked up to prohibit public view)

Illinois State Senate schedule -- Lost (All other Illinois state senators' records are intact)

Law practice client list -- Not released

University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None

Please pick a recent President of your choice, and produce all of these things, or similar thereof.

Find Bush's original BC and post it up. Post all of his medical records. Post up his graduate information and thesis.

Post it all.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Excellent idea! And while they're at it they can surely provide Bush's military service record, right?

And his criminal record? Expunged coc aine conviction?

Motor vehicle records?

Anything?

I think a lot of posters just can't wrap their brains around the possibility of an African-American starting from nothing and achieving so much under his own power. Whether they wish to admit it to themselves or not, they're racists.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are you kidding? The thing about Obama is that he came out of nowhere and nobody knows anything about him. Some are taking things a little far, but calling them racist because they want to see a signed BC is disgusting.

Watching the campaign I told a friend of mine that whoever openly dislikes Obama will be labeled a racist. Guess my prediction came true.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 1-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yay another Obama thread... And it only took one reply for the race card to be played. Getting quicker on the draw there aren't we?

Like most here on ATS, I'm waiting for the courts to rule one way or the other so all of this can finally be laid to rest. I have reached the conclusion that it is only ok with others on this site to question the government if the guy you are questioning is white. It is apparently against the rules to question if the guy you are questioning is black, because just the act of questioning means you are racist.

Here's to four years of being labeled racist for questioning the future president, even though it was expected during Bush's two terms.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I dont care about any of those things,fact is,he will continue the exact same crap all these hand picked puppets do,please obama supporters,tell me he isnt even in office yet,dont judge him blah blah im 100% right and i can bet alot of shiny pennies on it.The only change in washington is the mouth piece in front of the camera who unlike the previous president can string a sentence together.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I love the idea of this challenge.

Originally posted by jd140
The thing about Obama is that he came out of nowhere

What, exactly, does that mean? He's been in politics for 12 years. How is that "coming out of nowhere"?

and nobody knows anything about him.

Speak for yourself. I know a whole lot about him! I take responsibility for my own education and don't leave it to others to educate me.

Edit: oops.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I love the idea of this challenge.

The thing about Obama is that he came out of nowhere

What, exactly, does that mean? He's been in politics for 12 years. How is that "coming out of nowhere"?

and nobody knows anything about him.

Speak for yourself. I know a whole lot about him! I take responsibility for my own education and don't leave it to others to educate me.

Edit: oops.

Politics for 12 years, yet a relative newcomer in Washington. Honestly outside of Illonoise (been a while since I had to type that) who knew anything about him? Who could have predicted four years ago that he would run for the Presidency, let alone win?

My opinion is that he is it for the next four years, for better or worse. But calling people racist because they don't agree with him is wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Politics for 12 years, yet a relative newcomer in Washington. Honestly outside of Illonoise (been a while since I had to type that) who knew anything about him? Who could have predicted four years ago that he would run for the Presidency, let alone win?

My opinion is that he is it for the next four years, for better or worse. But calling people racist because they don't agree with him is wrong.

I call people racist because they don't hold their current, WHITE President to the same standard.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Yay another Obama thread... And it only took one reply for the race card to be played. Getting quicker on the draw there aren't we?

Like most here on ATS, I'm waiting for the courts to rule one way or the other so all of this can finally be laid to rest. I have reached the conclusion that it is only ok with others on this site to question the government if the guy you are questioning is white. It is apparently against the rules to question if the guy you are questioning is black, because just the act of questioning means you are racist.

Here's to four years of being labeled racist for questioning the future president, even though it was expected during Bush's two terms.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH QUESTIONING A MAN'S POLICIES. It has EVERYTHING to do with questioning who that man is. Over the past eight years, when I've questioned people about Bush's service records, his coke conviction, etc. all I get is a stone wall. Now those same people who called me and my kind "sore losers" are having a scream-fest over Obama's freakin' Birth Certificate.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

YOU'RE HOLDING OBAMA TO A DIFFERENT STANDARD THAN YOU HAVE HELD PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS--ESPECIALLY THE CURRENT ONE.

If it's not because of his skin color, why is it?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

It's no secret I don't like Obama but the birth certificate threads are out of hand now. It would be nice if the only new threads that were allowed on the subject were SOLID, BREAKING news stories that actually provided NEW information. The commentary and general discussion threads on the birth certificate issue only become the same things over and over.

Not trying to say who should be talking about what and it's very understandable how a president's eligibility should be something that is of extreme importance. However, it's just repetitive hash slinging for the most part.

It would be nice if we had a birth certificate directory thread like we have for the Anti-Christ threads. It's most definitely an interesting discussion but not 50 times over and over again in a general sense.

Edit to add just to be sure: I understand what your thread is getting at. Thought I should add in this paragraph to make that clear. I was just taking this opportunity to rant.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I understand where you are coming from here, but I don't really agree with the tactic. I know we have butted heads before over this type of thing, and I'm not looking to get into it over this.

My suggestion for how to handle these "loonies" is to simply ignore them.

I realize it's painful to see these morons flood the internet with this type of garbage, but inviting them to prove their point will only make it worse in my opinion.

Regardless of the fact that nobody will be able to complete your challenge, it will only serve to motivate them to become louder.

There is just no helping some people.

I just let the crazies scream and shout.

Hell, I've put up with it for the last 8 years from those suffering from Bush derangement syndrome.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
These inane references to Bush are really getting tired. No one raised the question regarding his birth or citizenship prior to being elected. Unfortunately, for Obama the case is totally different.

We have conflicting reports regarding his birth due to alleged eye witness accounts (his own relatives) that contend he was born in Kenya. Additionally, we have his INdonesian residency, adoption and schooling during his formative years and the mystery concerning dual citizenship (Multiple ATS threads on that one).

I don't expect to be able to go online and look up anyone's birth certificate but the people have requested that Obama himself provide the document. If he does, the questions will be answered. He is contributing to this mess by avoiding the subject.

Beyond this issue, the records of his entire adult life have virtually disappeared. All we have left are his own stories written in his compelling memoirs. I have had job interviews that probed deeper into my meager existence and I'm not the Pres. elect.

People want to know more about him and his ideologies based on his work records, senate records, case studies etc. It is all gone.

edit to add:
If his records had not been sealed, concealed, or mysteriously lost, all of this suspicion nonsense would not exist. Someone ate the bread crumbs and rinsed them down with the fruity beverage mixed in a pitcher.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

I call people racist because they don't hold their current, WHITE President to the same standard.

You want to compare the way Obama is being treated to the way Bush is being treated.......ARE YOU KIDDING? Right now President Bush wouldn't be able to win a HS class President election. He is being bad mouthed by I think the new number is 80% of the American public.

The way I see it Obama is being treated a hell of alot better then President Bush is. Get off your high horse.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Who could have predicted four years ago that he would run for the Presidency, let alone win?

I could! And I DID!
Exactly four years ago, I said, "I hope he runs in 2008. I'd vote for him..." Now, just because you had your head in a hole somewhere and didn't know who he was doesn't mean he "just came out of nowhere".

Removed Off-topic portion of post.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You want to compare the way Obama is being treated to the way Bush is being treated.......ARE YOU KIDDING? Right now(emphasis added) President Bush wouldn't be able to win a HS class President election. He is being bad mouthed by I think the new number is 80% of the American public.

That IS the case--Right Now. BUT, where were you when Bush ran in 2000? When his questionable military record first came up? His coke conviction? His string of failed businesses? Nobody wanted to talk about that. In fact the right-wingers who control the MSM shut down ANY conversation that headed in that direction.

In 2004 Dan Rather was set up to be the patsy when documents with accurate info verified by Bush's former CO, but with a questionable chain of custody, surfaced and Rather made them public. The info in those documents was real, but because of how they came to Rather's hands they, and he, were discredited.

Nobody wanted to hear it.

That info could have swayed the election for Kerry. But once Dan Rather took the fall, investigation stopped.

The whole thing was a deliberate set-up to silence legitimate debate.

Bush's records are sealed.

It doesn't matter what his status is now. There was legitimate concern that he wasn't the right man for the job based on records of his actual actions. To this day we don't know the evils that could have been prevented had Bush's records been public, and his campaign failed on its own merits-or lack thereof.

The way I see it Obama is being treated a hell of alot better then President Bush is. Get off your high horse.

This is just false. During the campaign Obama recieved worse press than McCain, up until Palin started playing her character to the hilt and the MSM couldn't ignore it anymore. Besides, the only reason they're playing "neutral" (if not nice) now is because Obama might reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and re-regulate the media, and then they'd actually have to work for a living again instead of getting fat on money from all their subsidiaries.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Perhaps you should direct your outrage at someone else. I have questioned Bush as well, both his policies and why he was even elected a second time. So before you go accusing someone of being racist for questioning Obama or his policies, perhaps you should make sure you actually understand their position on things. Much better than just declaring someone racist when you don't know the first thing about me or my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Nice pictures but its all fluff. I have seen the same pictures over and over and they mean nothing to me. The internet is full of fluff but nothing substantive. Where are the pictures of his time spent in Indonesia? Where are the pictures taken during his trips to Pakistan?

To counter opponents’ accusations that he lacks experience in foreign policy, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois often cites his ties to relatives in poor villages in Kenya and the years he spent growing up in Indonesia. Now he has added a new personal detail to that résumé: a trip to Pakistan while a college student.

During the speech, Mr. Obama also spoke about having traveled to Pakistan in the early 1980s. Because of that trip, which he did not mention in either of his autobiographical books, “I knew what Sunni and Shia was before I joined the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,” he said.

www.nytimes.com...

Must have been a great trip to Pakistan he didn't even mention it in either of his autobiographical masterpieces. You think after one book he would at least need new material for a second book.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Cut it out!

I didn't ask for your opinion on Obama or how people who support him are ignorant.

If you can't supply the things I asked for, don't bother replying. This is not an "Obama thread". I don't even want any facts about Obama on here.

Prove to us that you should have access to the documents you are requesting from Obama by providing past president's documents.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have been very open about politics for some time, heck many knows me because my views of political issues.

But I have stayed away from this type of threads because they are nothing more than troll threads.

I think the site administration needs to do something about this trend that is taking ATS lately.

!!!!!!!!!!!!MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree. And perhaps I will. However, I read one of the threads accusing Obama of not providing these things, and it made me wonder whether any past presidents provided this stuff to the general public.

If they hadn't, then the entire subject is irrelevant and shouldn't be allowed by ATS.

I need to create a thread for people like us to discuss also. Unfortunately, we are few and far between.

reply to post by AshleyD

What is this anti-Christ directory? I've never seen that. And I agree that they are getting out of control.

I don't want any Obama BC discussion in here, though. All I want this thread to accomplish is to show what other president's in the past have released.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join