It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of earthquakes shakes up California. Is Arkansas next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wave of earthquakes shakes up California. Is Arkansas next?

www.sciam.com

Some California residents are all shook up after a moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck about 150 miles west of Eureka on Friday, and a handful of minor quakes rattled interior Southern California over the weekend. There were no reports of injuries or damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The first tremblor hit off the Pacific coast at 5:42 a.m. local time (8:42 a.m. Eastern), according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Two magnitude-4.1 quakes struck north of Trona, Calif., yesterday and Saturday, the USGS said. Seven smaller quakes ranging from magnitude 3.0 to 3.3 hit before and after those shakeups.

The earthquakes serve as a reminder to Californians that their state sits on fault lines. Much more rare: a spate of minor earthquakes in central Arkansas last month that now has seismologists wondering if bigger ones are to come, the Associated Press reports.

Makes me wonder if the webbot predictions are for real...

www.sciam.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah WebBot dose come to mind, like is this the start of it?

I aint from California can someone tell me how often earthquakes happen and whats the avarage magnitude hit? Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've lived in So Calif all my life,nothing spectacular here,seems to be buisness as usual,whomever said that is probably a transplant,and yes I think the next major quake in the US will be on the New Madrid

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
BUT BUT…

That’s not supposed to happen for another 10 days!

Link

I guess webbot is wrong again! Sigh.

I mean come on webbot! Is a joke
I lived in California you fart and get an earthquake
They have been predicting the “ Big one “ For decades!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

top topics

join