It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton is new Secratery of State.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Senator Obama just announced that Hillary Clinton will be his Secratery of State.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
hahahahahaha, didnt i see a post on here saying it was ILLEGAL for her to be because of some constitution reason.

well america...is this the change you was expecting??

what a joke!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
the announcement of Hillary as Sec of State was spoken at 10:47

i looked up two scriptures...Psalms & Revelation 10: 4-7

synopsis of the passages;

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance will not seek God;
as God is not in his thoughts
His ways are always grievous, Gods judgements are far out of his sight;
He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved, for i shall never be in adversity.
His mouth is full of cursing & deciet & fraud; under his tongue is mischief & vanity

analysis; ~ sounds more like Hillarys husband than her. ~

the 10:4-7 of revelations;

And when the seven thunders had spoken, i was about to write...
but a voice from heaven said to seal up the things the seven thunders uttered...
i watched as an angel standing on the sea & earth, held up an arm and swore by him (God the creator of heaven, earth, sea) there should be no delay; the mystery of God should be accomplished now!
------------------ > i.e. the End is neigh ! < ----------------------

Well, let's see if the installment of Hillary as secretary of state
begins the final tribulations & vials, bowls of wrath !

just presenting a different slant on the topic
thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by forshow

Excerpts from WND.com.

Yes, there is a very good reason for her not to be a legitimate selection. And I have YET to hear this mentioned on ANY MSM broadcast.

The Constitution (yep, there's that darn piece of paper again), states in the second clause of Article I, Section 6 that:

"No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time; and no Person holding any Office under the United States, shall be a Member of either House during his Continuance in Office."

Simply put, Cabinet member's salaries increased during her term, thus making her or anyone else serving in the Senate or House INELLIGIBLE to be selected as a candidate for a cabinet post.

But.....past President's have skirted this by reducing pay on those cabinet positions to what they were prior to the increase.

However, even though this fixes the salary increase, this does NOT eliminate the fact that the SALARY for SoS WAS INCREASED during her tenure as Senator.

Why was this done?

James Madison's notes on the debates that formed the Constitution explain the reason for the clause. Madison himself argued against "the evils" of corrupt governments where legislators created salaried positions – or increased the salary of positions – and then secured appointments to the cushy jobs they just created. Others agreed that such tactics were evident in Colonial and British government, and they wrote Article 1, Section 6 to prevent the practice.

Change? Looks like we haven't changed at all and are, in fact, repeating history.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I prefer to wait and see. However, I am interested to know how Obama and Hillary plan to keep ol Bill out of the way. If they aren't careful, these three could provide some lively scripts for SNL for years to come.

top topics

join