It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec1st,2008 – Venus, Jupiter and Moon form “smiley face” - images

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by themuse

in the northern hemisphere it is a frown.....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting your pics OP!!!!
My son and I were going to see it tonight but there is too much cloud cover and he was very disappointed but now with these outstanding pics he can at least see it.
We at least got to see Venus and Jupiter over the weekend but we werelooking forward to the moon, oh well maybe in 30 years...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A great link that shows the importance of Sagittarius' location...and Ophiuchus' location. The center of the our galaxy lies in between Sagittarius and Ophiuchus.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

LV

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
December 1, 2008
Venus, Jupiter, Crescent Moon Meet in Republic of Turkey.
For pictures:
kendihalinde.wordpress.com...
and
galeri.sabah.com.tr...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by themuse

Hey got to comment on the miley face. I'm in Knightdale, NC in the US and on this side of the world it is a frown.....could this be an omem
I have a pic but how do I post it?

[edit 12-1-2008 by clynikk]
I figured out how to post pics...here it is..
s457.photobucket.com...

[edit on 12-1-2008 by clynikk]

Mod edit: Here is a direct link to the image.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its funny, here in South America we can see it as a perfect triangle with the moon on top at the same angle.

Some pics I took some minutes ago from Rio de janeiro:

Pic 1

Pic 2

[edit on 1/12/08 by Gawain]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by themuse

Thanks - seemed kind of strange not having a lot of stars in the background. Nice shots.

Venus,Jupiter and moon are among the brightest objects we can see in the sky apart from the sun. So LIKE THE MOON landing pictures if exposure is set for bright objects the fainter ones such as the stars dont show simple as that.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
cool pics! i came home around 7:45 pm last nite and saw that. i bummed because i don't have a decent camera to get a shot. too bad, it was very clear out and really low light level in the village.

i was suprised about the lack of other stars i could see too.

i live on lantau island in hong kong.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I saw this earlier! I live in PA. I called my boyfriend, but he was still at work and couldn't look. I have never seen anything like it before! Someone else posted a thread about this before I seen this one, so I had no idea that it happened every thirty years till just now. Thanks Phage for the link to this thread!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by themuse

Nice Picture. Unfortunately for those of us in North Alabama, he's not smiling at all. Instead it's an upside down smiling face (that's frowning) tried several times to take a picture with my cell phone to post here, but all I got was the upside down moon. The stars would not show up in the picture.

I've been asking my husband for weeks what the two stars (or planets) are that appear to be his eyes. Does anyone know?

Thanks. Again. Cool picture!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by themuse

Here in southern california right now it is an upside down unhappy frown face, it must be feeling our pain here.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Well, Duh... It's the title of the thread what they are... Venus & Jupiter... How cool!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is frowning at me. I think I'll keep copies of the smiling face and try to forget the one frowning at me right now.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
haha,

I saw this when I was dropping mail at the post office. It was very amusing. I had looked at it my entire way to the post office door.

I knew I should of took a picture!!! I would like a hi res picture, so i can send it to my girlfriend. It made me think of her, and shes alllll the way in Florida.
I will u2u you.

I do hope people get a smile out of this picture.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
double post, sorry.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by non-living]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Same, thanks for sharing your thoughts I have Starred you for it.

themuse

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

HI wmd

I used my nikon d80 and the settings i used for the heap pf pix i took vaired - shutter between 1sec to 30secs and f-stop between 4 & 5. Obviously No speedlight/flash

As I stated in my reply to the query there isnt much ambient light out here and the formation was lower on the horizon so tiny stars wouldnt have come up from that angle, directly above me stars yes. but just above eyeline to the west no.

themuse

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hi Everyone

thanks for sharing pics from across the globe its awesome. I love the internet. !!

I talked to the 3 subjects in the image about the frown situation theyre are giving in the northern hemisphere and this is what they 'said'

They really didnt mean too

have the best day and keep the pics coming

themuse

[edit on 1/12/2008 by themuse]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
just got done walking the dogs up here in the north hemisphere rocky mountains... even though my hands were numb afterwards, and it was below freezing, i could not help but notice (through my collective) that something out there is watching us all. Hold strong you all and keep your heads up.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi Everyone

Ive uploaded the high res images for everyone, some of you who u2ued me I have emailed them through to you. For the rest they can be found here

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

I havent done this very much before so if ithe links are not working please let me know and ill fix it.

themuse

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join