It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow, reading that gave me a torrent of emotions.

At first I was offended to know that people with such ideas really exist in this world.

Then thought it was so absurd that it turned out to be somewhat laughable.

Then I just felt sad to realize that hatred will never be rid from this world, not while people ike these are still wasting earth's oxygen.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The notion of passing a constitutional amendment, state or federal banning gay marriage is a travesty... and the people behind it should be ashamed of themselves.

Until now all constitutional amendments have affirmed, reaffirmed or clarified rights... not denied them.

To start that precedent would be a very bad move for our country.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They real Question should be. Why is some Americans attacking other Americans, just because of their "way of life". What I have noticed about America is. The Americans, are not "dividing the rest of the world", but rather the Americans have been "devided" within their own country. It would not matter what you are, I honestly think it matters where you are in America. Just my thoughts from a *outsider point of view*. By the way. I am a Australian, and I do love America.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by mystiq

I've always heard all women were bisexual... the more you buy them the more sexual they become.

Lol. Actually most women are as heterosexual as I am, some have done things they felt very uncomfortable with to please a guy in their life. I was surprised that bisexuality had a bigger footprint in the population than gay, but still not that large. Though I imagine it would all make sense from a biological point if we knew more, and from a spiritual point as well, because this is something that should wake people up enough to know that you can't follow archaic ancient instructions that were homophobic customs adopted as relgious creed over the real person standing before you and their rights. This overturns many core concepts of marriage, property, ownership, dowries, which still exist in many countries. Sexual preference is born and it should free people's minds up a lot more and allow them to question some of the rigid norms more.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Considering our closest living relative is the Bonobo our species sexual predilections don't surprise me one bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You mean the fact that they are all bisexual?

That's always a good point to march out to those who consider homosexuality 'unnatural'.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by rickyrrr

imagine if we had straight parades with half naked men and women frolicking and practically fornicating hahaha but i digress...

I don't know, you might be talking about Mardi Gras? Or their are lots of other parades that have your above recipe.

One liner One liner now equals two

Oops sorry maus80, you beat me to it, somehow missed the Mardi Gras reference in your post. Dur

[edit on 1-12-2008 by amazed]

word? i gotta check that out, sounds like a fun idea for a bachelor party!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Considering our closest living relative is the Bonobo our species sexual predilections don't surprise me one bit.

I keep bringing up that Bonobo too. It was delightful to learn that. What a wonderful, socially advanced, non-aggressive creature, oversexed and the hippy amongst the primates. Very pleased that we are cousins.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I always thought and people have said that the monkey is the closest living relative, but also did people know that the pigs also is, aswell. Pigs have a 5% differents in dna compared with humans. That is what I heard.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They're not as cute. I refuse to focus on that. Not happening for me. Though I have heard they make very good, intelligent pets, but grow far too big. Whereas looking after a primate is very similar to adopting a human child into the family, and is a lot of work. I've read and followed the lifelong experience of Koko the gorilla and her handler since I was young, and her lifelong communications through signing.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The notion of passing a constitutional amendment, state or federal banning gay marriage is a travesty... and the people behind it should be ashamed of themselves.

Until now all constitutional amendments have affirmed, reaffirmed or clarified rights... not denied them.

To start that precedent would be a very bad move for our country.

I completely agree and I am mystified by the arguments for this. Don’t support gay marriage but that does not mean you need to vehemently support giving the majority and government the right to change the constitution so it can constitutionally deny rights. That is scary to me, especially when the arguments against gay marriage are so weak and mainly stem from unfounded religious bias. Just because you disagree with something shouldn’t mean you have the right to lawfully affect the rights of others, especially when their rights do not lawfully affect you.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Forget Gods & Devils,nature emplys that it is not normal for men or woman to have sex with each other.When it entails using the waste chute it is not normal.

If this sounds ugly to you gay people it is ugly and there is a reason for it sounding ugly,think about it.

If you want to marry a goat,by all means marry a goat but don't force it on those of us that want a little norml in our life.By the way ,what percentage do gays make up in the US?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No one is forcing anything on anyone else... besides that basic fact there are plenty of incidents of homosexual behavior in the natural world.

Ever hear of the gay penguins at the Central Park zoo?

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL

(02-07) 04:00 PST New York -- Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": That is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins.

When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

At one time, the two seemed so desperate to incubate an egg together that they put a rock in their nest and sat on it, keeping it warm in the folds of their abdomens, said their chief keeper, Rob Gramzay. Finally, he gave them a fertile egg that needed care to hatch. Things went perfectly, and a chick, Tango, was born.

For the next 2 1/2 months they raised Tango, keeping her warm and feeding her food from their beaks until she could go out into the world on her own. Gramzay is full of praise. "They did a great job," he said.

Roy and Silo are hardly unusual. Indeed, scientists have found homosexual behavior throughout the animal world.

Damn it the link is bad but google gay penguins for the link.

Apparently there are quite a few of them out there.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by grover]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If nature says its unnatural due to the way its being performed, then why does she turn out 1/4 or more sexual variations as opposed to heterosexual, including amongst animals. Hmmmm. I think nature says the opposite of what you intended to imply with that statement. We're talking close to 2 billion variant human sexual orientation, born that way.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Nature when it comes to humans and other species is a force driving our physical instincts. You are confusing nature with human values or morals, humans decide what unnatural (deviant, perverse) is and what is natural (normal, ordinary) depending on the popular morals that exist in a society. If we determined something to be natural based off of the physical instincts we see among several species then homosexuals would absolutely fit in the acceptable, natural category.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Hee! I wish this was the case... it would make my life hell of a lot more simple!

On the serious side though, it's amazing how many heterosexual people refer to homosexuals as "turning" people. I wish I had this ability

In the words of my hero He-Man, it seems that we "have the power".

Loving it! And loving the OP...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

I know! It is like I'm supposed to have some magical ability. I wish that were so. I've been trying hard all day to turn this insignificant other straight so he will take out the garbage. I'm walking behind flicking my hands like a wizard saying, "Be straight, Be straight." I don't think it is working as all I'm getting is an eye roll.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How an individual or group of people choose to live should NOT be a matter of vote or amendment to the constitution.

Once that begins, then all ways of life will be put up for a vote..count on it!

And would the "Land of the Free" be worthy of retaining that saying?

Nope!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

You put that very well,thank you.I was trying to keep it on the down low so the mods didnt get upset,Ive been popped just for how I ask questions but here goes.I guess what I wanted to say is,(and everybody two stepped around it)is how natural is it to have anel sex?Sorry if that offends anyone but it is a question I would like answered because it seems so unatural,maybe I am miss informed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Well:

1. Straight people have anal sex too.

2. Not all gay men have anal sex, some think it is unhealthy and some don't have any desire to do it whatsoever. Many gay men are more into oral, frottage, etc.

3. When you speak of gay people I assumed you meant females too, so if you are only referring to men who have anal sex you aren't really equating homosexuals with being unnatural. You are discussing an act you find unnatural that takes place among humans in general, gays and straights.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join