It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
Immediately they get the urge to kiss men and do flower arrangements, decorate and stuff. I swear to you it is true!

got any spare? in need to do some decorating and hate it ill must make sure theres no men or flowers around

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
wow i'm not sure where my stance is on gay marriage, i was once completely against it. now i am moving towards indifference, tolerance and someday acceptance. i find myself both for and against some of the things in the top 10. the things i had against it were moral issues, but then i thought we all have our "moral issues" and i don't want to be a hypocrite. i believe that some people are just born "that way". i really can't debate this topic because i just don't know how to without offending anyone. so i'll just say this funny little idea - it's bad enough i have to worry about explaining the birds and the bee's to my kids someday, now i gotta explain the birds and the birds!

Why are you afraid of explaining that to your kids? I assume that you as an adult understand the birds and the birds. How has that worked out? has it caused you any problems or trauma to deal with that knowledge? has it made you want to be gay? I bet that it has not.

So no need to worry about explaining to your kids.

Besides, anybody who has kids, your kids are more likely to discover about gay sex on the internet as they search for pron... That's how I learned about lesbian sex, from VHS back in the 80's. Gay marriage does not affect how your kids learn about gay sex. The mere existence of gay people is sufficient. If you really are afraid of that, then your only real option is to live in a world where gay people don't exist or are required to not talk about it, like perhaps Iran. But I bet even in Iran people are aware of the concept of homosexuality.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Everyone knows gays can make another gay. We have a secret formula with gay dust we sprinkle onto heterosexuals when they aren't looking. Immediately they get the urge to kiss men and do flower arrangements, decorate and stuff. I swear to you it is true!

I've seen this online for years.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

All kidding aside, I heard that the US experimented with hormones as a measure to demoralize enemy troops by making them "gay" so to speak.

That's another conspiracy theory worthy of it's own thread.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by grover

That is what I've found as well. Most people are bisexual. A lot more people than most think do in fact act on it though. One day I'll write books about it because it's almost comical that a lot of things go on beyond "normal society view".

With males at least what I would consider is like this

10% Gay, 80% varying degrees of bisexuality, 10% straight.

Well I'm definitely in that last 10% category.

The taught of even seeing another man naked in a sexual sense makes me very uncomfortable (Probably why I never joined the Navy)

Though as I said earlier, most straight men have no problem hopping into bed with two women who will be just as comfortable making love to each other, as well as with him (strange how that works).

It has always puzzled me as to why straight men are hard wired this way, and yet most (not all, but most), women do seem to have bi-sexual tendencies and are totally comfortable with it. And it's also generally accepted by most people.

Spose it comes down to "men are from Mars & women are from Venus and Homosexuals are from Uranus"...

Sorry couldn't help that one...

And with that Comment, I must now sign off for the last time folks...

Well for a long while anyway.

Moving deeper into the country today, and won't have a internet connection until... errrr

Well, not sure when I'll get back online..

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all (those who celebrate it anyway), otherwise have a great holiday break. And stay safe..

Bye Folks.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

like i said before it was meant to be funny not to offend, just making light of an already akward conversation that will only get more uncomfortable now with the birds and the birds.

i live a block away from one of the biggest gay neighborhoods in the world and i'm not gay or anything like that, to each his own. just don't rub it all up in my face and we're all good. that's why i wont go to a gay parade lol!!! imagine if we had straight parades with half naked men and women frolicking and practically fornicating hahaha but i digress...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The thing I disagree with here is the idea that most women are bisexual. Bisexuals are a minority as well. Though I've been surprised to meet quite a few, they still would be placed around 10-15% in a generous estimate. Nonetheless, perhaps this adds up to around or just over 25% being non-straight. Out of the women I know, only 2 of them were bisexual. The rest of us shudder at the thought. Like I said, its a gender biased reaction.
The main thing is, when is everyone going to stop making an issue of something as natural as someones sexual orientation. Its all nature, including all the variations.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Haha well that is ok. Nobody is wrong in my book. Most of those that I would consider straight are comfortable with sexuality. They are friendly towards gays etc. Like for instance every so often I will go over to my pal Maleki's house. We will have drinks and laugh at the television maybe show each other something on guitar. There is no tension, just buds.

However, what is funny is that those that just speak as if they despise gays are usually covering some type of tendencies. Every time I have ran into one I kinda just tell them. "Look you don't have to worry about me because I'm not interested in you." This brings on a whole other can of worms when they chase and wonder why. Some have even went so far as to try to show off. Strange, Strange, World.

[edit on 1/12/2008 by toochaos4u> I can't type while listening to music! ]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I've always heard all women were bisexual... the more you buy them the more sexual they become.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

i live a block away from one of the biggest gay neighborhoods in the world and i'm not gay or anything like that, to each his own. just don't rub it all up in my face and we're all good. that's why i wont go to a gay parade lol!!! imagine if we had straight parades with half naked men and women frolicking and practically fornicating hahaha but i digress...

I think that is called Mardi Gras, right? The point is you can't sum up an entire segment of the population by the actions of some. Just as there are a ton of straight people who are at home with their spouses while the Mardi Gras crowd indulge in every type of naughty behavior known to man, not every lgbt likes to parade in their underwear or get nasty on the streets.

The same goes for Jerry Springer references, his guests, gay straight or anything in between, do not represent the general population.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why did this "Gay" thing start in the first place?

In China gays will be an embarrassment to the family.

But in the United States, how did this "gay" phenomenon spread so violently and spuriously? Is it because of the fact that the family structure is not tight enough so that members can influence others? Very possible.

Gays sometimes react too strongly when they protest. I saw a truckload of gays in front of some retail store making out with each other from 9am to 9pm.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by rickyrrr

imagine if we had straight parades with half naked men and women frolicking and practically fornicating hahaha but i digress...

I don't know, you might be talking about Mardi Gras? Or their are lots of other parades that have your above recipe.

One liner One liner now equals two

Oops sorry maus80, you beat me to it, somehow missed the Mardi Gras reference in your post. Dur

[edit on 1-12-2008 by amazed]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

reply to post by grover

That is what I've found as well. Most people are bisexual. A lot more people than most think do in fact act on it though. One day I'll write books about it because it's almost comical that a lot of things go on beyond "normal society view".

Dude, your avatar is a well trained, tanned, halv-nude warrior

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

It's not a matter of the heart as you state but in fact a matter of God' word. man should not lay with man

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Why did this "Gay" thing start in the first place?

In China gays will be an embarrassment to the family.

But in the United States, how did this "gay" phenomenon spread so violently and spuriously? Is it because of the fact that the family structure is not tight enough so that members can influence others? Very possible.

Gays sometimes react too strongly when they protest. I saw a truckload of gays in front of some retail store making out with each other from 9am to 9pm.

My family is very tight, we get along just fine and always have. I can't remember being influenced by anyone.

I don't see it as spreading violently as such. I've seen opposition spread violently then start easing off with more people realizing that gays are just people like themselves.

I think within any group one can react too strongly within protest.
A truckload of gays in front of a store for 12 hours making out? Whoa do you have photos? Why wasn't I invited? The people that run the "gay agenda" always forget to send me mailings...I feel left out.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Haha. Up until #4 I thought you were being serious. How daft of me. You bring up some valid points. A star and flag for you!

[edit on 12/1/2008 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

I think within any group one can react too strongly within protest.
A truckload of gays in front of a store for 12 hours making out? Whoa do you have photos? Why wasn't I invited? The people that run the "gay agenda" always forget to send me mailings...I feel left out.

I am having the same problem. I never get any of the mailings either. Is there a number to the "Gay Agenda" customer service? I need to make sure they have all my contact information correct.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by TERAKO68]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
this is a great thread
why is gay marriage even a question?
shouldn't marriage be rewritten?
i got married twice to the same girl
once in court and once in a church...
because the church doesn't necessarily acept a marriage unless its inside their place, and the courts need a legal document to civilly bind me and my spouse...
so why not drop "marriage" from the paper work and leave that to the church and Legal Spouse/civil union to all citizenry gay-bi-or straight?

stupid "bible thumpers" and homophobes

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Nice post!

Although I myself am straight as an arrow. I do not think that gay people should not be afforded the same rights as straight people. My only concern would be those that hold marriage as a religious thing and mean it sincerely and not just to be in opposition of something. I feel that in a society where we try to make everyone appeased there could perhaps be some common ground.

This is what I would suggest:

Two different names, same exact rights and privileges. Please allow me to explain this before you start bashing me. For those married in a church the church has the authority to issue a marriage license this would not change and still be named a marriage. For those married by a JP or by other means whether or not they are gay could be called something else. This way all parties concerns are addressed and ideally everyone is happy. Those who true and sincere concern is the sanctity of the institution of marriage via religious justification could keep their unions exactly as they are now without any change in their beliefs; conversely those whom either do not have the honest religious convictions or are gay or any other reason may choose the alternate method of their union. If what is really important is the love two people feel towards one another, then the name associated with the union should not make any difference; however, if it is opposition or conflict that is truly desired this will not work and the problem is deeper than marriage between two people whom are in love, it is in fact then becomes an issue of a preference for social deviance.

There is absolutely no reason why both sides cannot be appeased if in fact the issue is spending your life with the person you love and being afforded the same rights that heterosexual couples enjoy.

[edit on 12/1/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

[edit on 12/1/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
UHG! god damn i hate close minded people. lets prove all these wrong one at a time, straight man to straight man besides the obvious reason that America is based on "Freedom".

1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

Actually it is natural. Numerous scientific studies prove that the reasons for being gay are from birth. Alterations in the brain make gay people the way they are. Also, many species around the world (especially in fish) change sex during there life time, in a lot of cases many times. making them gay essentially.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Wrong, you do not choose to be gay just like you didn't choose to be straight. now i think this is an actual joke because of this last part, but im going to continue ranting anyways! If anything this will make gays who are "closeted" and afraid of the society that blames them for being "freaks" to show themselves and be proud of who they are.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

Ok now im curious if this is a joke or not. can anyone tell me? some how i can see people actually believing these things.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

reply to post by grover

The taught of even seeing another man naked in a sexual sense makes me very uncomfortable (Probably why I never joined the Navy)

Though as I said earlier, most straight men have no problem hopping into bed with two women who will be just as comfortable making love to each other, as well as with him (strange how that works).

It has always puzzled me as to why straight men are hard wired this way, and yet most (not all, but most), women do seem to have bi-sexual tendencies and are totally comfortable with it. And it's also generally accepted by most people.

Spose it comes down to "men are from Mars & women are from Venus and Homosexuals are from Uranus"...

Sorry couldn't help that one...

And with that Comment, I must now sign off for the last time folks...

Well for a long while anyway.

Moving deeper into the country today, and won't have a internet connection until... errrr

Well, not sure when I'll get back online..

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all (those who celebrate it anyway), otherwise have a great holiday break. And stay safe..

Bye Folks.

As serious as this subject is for some folks I must admit, your post was hilarious and I starred it just because of that. I guess I am one of those last ten percent also; however, I would never kick 2 women out of bed, unless there was more room on the floor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join