It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

Thanks, it really helped.

For those people that are seeing "unusual" earthquakes, we have to remember that what we consider as "unusual" means only that, it is not usual, it does not mean that is abnormal, and considering the time we have been taking notes of earthquakes when compared to the time they have been happening, we have only data for an extremely small amount of time.

Also, in the Americas, we have even less recorded time, so, despite the larger concentration of technology and people studying earthquakes, if there is something that occurs with a periodicity of, for example, 1000 years, we have no recorded data about it.

One more thing, on the link that questioningall posted some pages back to a transcript of a phone interview with the guy that created this web-bot, he talked of a time frame of December 10 to December 12, not 15, but this was in September 26, they may have changed the dates, although I doubt it, considering that the time frames are supposed to get smaller with the proximity of the event.

Another thing about the accuracy of the forecasts, he said that he does not publish a quarter of what they see on the system, so we can not be sure of the accuracy of the forecasts.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The Bible code has a code that the New Madrid will be struck by a quake in 2009. I cannot find a code yet for California with a specific date.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK I've been messing around with the Bible codes.............

I cannot isolate anything on these given webbot words for the Pacific Northwest or California. I have however found something that might match the New Madrid.

1. Bible code indicating earthquakes on New Madrid in years 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016

2. Bible code indicating the following words of first New Madrid earthquake (2009): (I found these searching for numerous regions within the webbot prediction's given south to north coordinates of 32-36 degrees)

Poverty
Point
Louisiana
Indianola
Mississippi
Hornersville
Missouri

3. Poverty Point, Louisiana is a REAL place and is located at 32 degrees and is near the Mississippi river. It is the site of numerous large mounds or "artificial mountains" which were built by Native Americans. The mounds or "artificial mountains" were believed to have been used primarily for ritual and festive purposes such as "dancing".

4. Indianola, Mississippi is a REAL place. It is a small town that lies at 33 degrees and is near the Mississippi river. It is in the Mississippi Delta plain region, which is fertile and is seeded for rice crops. In fact, it is at times the main area of rice crop yield in the delta region there.

5. Hornersville, Missouri is also a REAL place. A small town located at 36 degrees it is located in the center of the Missouri boot hill region, right next to the New Madrid, Missouri area, and in fact practically directly on top of the fault itself.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
god damn it. do you realize how much respect youve just lost.

first of all bible code is worse then the web bot. simply because the bible has been edited and written by humans in the first place. so how can you expect to get a correct answer out of it.

second of all using one flawed system as proof of another flawed system is a mediocore attempt to gain credibility you dont have.

i

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the Bible codes are very interesting. However, they are just like the web bot. Given a corpus of text (a rather large one, too) you can find almost anything in it. I think if the Bible codes were intended to be used there would be something in the Bible about them.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
I think the Bible codes are very interesting. However, they are just like the web bot. Given a corpus of text (a rather large one, too) you can find almost anything in it. I think if the Bible codes were intended to be used there would be something in the Bible about them.

How about this? "The Lord works in mysterious ways", which in the original text is actually, "the Lord works in hidden ways."

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I live on the new madrid fault and am glad this hasn't happened, of course now we are in for 2 rounds of ice...yuck power outages..trees down..all that crap!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Noticed on the last page that it was stated there hadn't been any quakes at all in the New Madrid area. Here's a link to the US earthquake map from the USGS. (For anyone who hasn't been to their site before, just click the map to zoom in on an area for a better look at where the quakes were.) There have been quakes there within the last week. Nothing strong enough to knock down buildings or bridges, but earthquakes nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

How about this? "The Lord works in mysterious ways", which in the original text is actually, "the Lord works in hidden ways."

Still not enough. However, I do have more faith in the Bible codes than the web bot. I will concede that.

Nothing strong enough to knock down buildings or bridges, but earthquakes nonetheless.

The Earth's surface is a bunch of large plates slowly but constantly moving around. There are earthquakes happening all the time; it's nothing new.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Totakeke]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hey guys, how are things in California? Is it as predicted? Did the web-bot stumble on a real prediction? Do you still have electricity and internet? Is the military there? Tsunami? Asteroid? Anything?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by Totakeke

How about the original text is unknown because no one knows where the first bible is or if it even exists anymore.

www.allabouttruth.org...

[edit on 15-12-2008 by sciencenewby]

[edit on 15-12-2008 by sciencenewby]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hmmmm. It's the 15th, still no earthquake. I'll be nice enough and wait until the end of the day though

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well I believe today is the 15th,I live in So Calif,so far we haven't slipped off into the ocean,wonder whats up in New Madrid area,so much for web bot,I'll stick to watching for earthquake weather

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

all i can say at this point

you say im unreasonable well how about the OP. shes going to open another thread. she said so herself. i just hope that thread will actually be of use...

no wait thats not gonna happen. excuse me for being an arrogant person but i think i deserve some gloating in light of it being the 15th and not an earthquake insight.

and before someone makes a thread extending it until janurary just remeber ill be there and i will have no problem disproving that too.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So no earthquake then, think about the huge amounts of time everyone has wasted here in this thread.

*sigh* when will people learn....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
lmao is all i can say..

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ah man.
It's awesome to be right all the time.
Some people would think it's a curse- But me?
Nah.
I just, love bein' right.

Now where's that fat juicy apology?
Has it been posted yet, or are we all still waiting?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have not seen anyone in these threads make any predictions of an earthquake. Can someone kindly explain to me then why so many people are acting like there is some actual prediction here?

I don't get it. No one as I can see it has made a prediction, yet many here are acting like someone did. Do that many people really need to get a dictionary and learn what the word prediction means? And why would this thread need to be closed under the criteria being discussed here of someone making a failed prediction, by those that keep asking for it to be closed, when no one here actually made any predictions related to the topic at hand saying an earthquake would occur?

I am sorry, but some posts in these threads read like nothing more than ridiculing.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The above is from the USGS.

Since there are 19.4 earthquakes per year measuring 7+, I can predict at least one destructive level earthquake per month and be correct nearly all of the time.

Web Bot = nonsense
Bible Code = nonsense

Want valid information try a Seismologist / Geologist rather than turning to nonsense for your information.

"Magnitude - Average Annually

8 and higher - 1
7-7.9 - 17
6 - 6.9 - 134
5-5.9 - 1319
4-4.9 - 13,000
3-3.9 - 130,000
2-2.9 - 1,300,000

Source: U.S. Geological Survey"

Hopefully nobody has been wrongfully scared into doing something stupid like quitting a job or moving. There was one of these silly threads a couple of years ago where someone who was posting actually did just that. Actions have consequences.

I predict there will be a 7+ earthquake in the next 30 days based on science, not voodoo. It could occur anywhere on the planet so no need to move or worry. It will likely happen in an unpopulated area but may hit a heavily populated area. If it hits a US city there will far less damage than if it hits a city in Turkey or another underdeveloped area.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just love the WetBot, which is now what i think it is. I appreciate all the scientific research and effort that went into this thread but I have yet to be impressed by the overly inflated hype surrounding the Wetbot project portion.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join