It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What if ETs don't have human qualities?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I was wondering why ETs are even here on the first place. They may not even share human characteristics. Perhaps that's why they're here. They might be studying us so they can be more like us so they can be us and maybe control us and live among us? I was wondering that if ETs don't have human qualities that this is why.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
well what if they dont? Their characteristics will be heavily influenced by the environment from which they come and how the selective pressures of such environment lead their species to evolve.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
yes its why and they maybe only understand certain things? Like a fish does it know the difference? Probably not but will understand if given a spaceship




Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I was wondering why ETs are even here on the first place. They may not even share human characteristics. Perhaps that's why they're here. They might be studying us so they can be more like us so they can be us and maybe control us and live among us? I was wondering that if ETs don't have human qualities that this is why.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever
 


That's kind of what I'm saying. I think that Aliens may not be as advanced as we think they are. They may be really smart with all this technology of theirs but at the emotional level they don't understand us because why else would they be studying us? They want to know us better because they fear we're either going to be their enemies someday. Maybe, don't you think that these Aliens could be space-scholars that are studying us to send files to their space-professors to categorize the human species? I think that could be a possibility.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I think that Aliens may not be as advanced as we think they are.

That depends more on our definition of "advanced" than anything else... But I do think you're probably right in that there's a ton more species we cant understand than there is we can.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by merka]



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
well what if they dont? Their characteristics will be heavily influenced by the environment from which they come and how the selective pressures of such environment lead their species to evolve.


One thing that does make me quite skeptical has always been, for instance, the Roswell aliens. I just can't square the fact that they look so much like us. If they were 3 inches tall or shaped like a tree or a puddle of liquid or a cloud of gas, then I would be more inclined to believe it. I am not saying I DON'T believe that the greys are what people say they are, but I just keep thinking that these things were kind of created in our own imaginations and thus in our own image. Not stating a belief or even an opinion, just something I've thought about from time to time.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm normally a complete Alien Skeptic with regards to any being anywhere within the solar system. I do believe them to be in place likely elsewhere, even if they are all dinasaurs at this stage, or something like that.

But if aliens have got here.......

They either farted and got here, or needed spaceships which all the Wackos tend to go for. So we go for spaceships. They need co-operation and so emotion, communication, construction skills, for the plans, high levels of profiency (higher than our space) abstraction, and therefore the ability to go for the metaphor. That means that as they are also able to work out ways of communication.

Forget if they look a bit funny and have tentacles, they will have more in common with us than not.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
I'm normally a complete Alien Skeptic with regards to any being anywhere within the solar system. I do believe them to be in place likely elsewhere, even if they are all dinasaurs at this stage, or something like that.

But if aliens have got here.......

They either farted and got here, or needed spaceships which all the Wackos tend to go for. So we go for spaceships. They need co-operation and so emotion, communication, construction skills, for the plans, high levels of profiency (higher than our space) abstraction, and therefore the ability to go for the metaphor. That means that as they are also able to work out ways of communication.

Forget if they look a bit funny and have tentacles, they will have more in common with us than not.


Now that is what I call unassailable logic.



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by longfade
 


You're too kind......



posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that it's not that they dont understand us or that they are so far removed from us to the point of nothing in common.

I think they are here studying us an anthropological & archeological curiosity studying an early civilization in it’s infancy of space flight one who is flirting with nuclear energy and weapons.


[edit on 1-12-2008 by SLAYER69]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join