It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with morse code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was visiting a someone's house, while sleeping on the couch I was awaken from the same code several times _.._.._.... there was an iphone that was plugged into the speaker system that broadcasted the signal over the speaker system. The code according to morse code as far as I could tell was DDDI.

4arainyday.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Morse is an audible language. You can learn it over time but don't make the mistake of trying to convert what you hear to dots and dashes, then to letters. This added step will hamstring you later on as you try to increase your speed.

Google 'morse code trainer' and start learning this valuable skill with free software.

I have been fluent in morse for over 30 years and love it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

.--.-.-..-..--.-..-...
.-..--.-.--.-.--.--....-.-...--.-..-
-..-.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
deleted by me

[edit on 1/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I know it's meant in jest, but please keep this in mind:

1i.) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of these Terms & Conditions, you agree not to post in any language other than English.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

This post is just to ensure that we don't end up with a thread with nothing but Morse Code posts.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Because it hasn't been reviewed yet. The staff has to review all anonymous posts before they are made live (to make sure they're relevant to the discussion and that they're within the T&C.) Thousands of anonymous posts have to be reviewed every day, therefore they don't appear immediately.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

OK Thanks anonymous! I heard it four times or more so I know what I heard, but I am not sure about the translation DDDI that I came up with, so thats why I am asking.

Here are some of my search results.

Density Dependent Delta Interaction
Dual Fiber Distributed Data Interface

I could be wrong though. DDDI was the way I understood. _.._.._....

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This weekend was the largest (world wide) morse code contest for the year.

Amateur radio operators (HAMS) from around the world compete to see who can contact the most others in 2 days.

Morse code A.K.A. (CW) : This contest is called the CQ world wide CW contest.
CQ World wide morse code contest

Most likely you heard a high speed (30+ words per min.) signal report like 5NN 4 which would be
hard for most non-hams to copy correctly.

I just got done sending in my logs for this contest, and I worked (contacted) 67 different countries in 23 zones.

(da da dit dit dit dit dit dit da da)

evil secret code (73) that means "best wishes"

es

Peace

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks Zeptepi, but this happened over two weeks ago.

I thought the message was interesting, though I don't know what it pertains to.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You mentioned speakers + mobile phone + morse type sounds. My Nokia does this all the time? Place a phone next to your PC speakers then ring it or text it from another phone - there you have it - it can happen several times in a row if you're signal is too weak to receive a call or message.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The CQ call is the 'general call,' equivalent to 'Hey, is anyone out there?

The Morse Code CQ call is da-di-da-dit da-da-di-dah

-.-.--.-

It is repeated over and over again to try to get a response. People out there are looking for other people to talk to. I'm betting that's what you heard.

kb1gig

[edit on 3-12-2008 by WhiteMagicWoman]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Morse code...Blah blah blah blah....blah blah blah blah.

Given it is an antiquated and useless form of communication in today's world, even for emergencies because sending voice is easier to achieve than sending a continuous wave signal that is intermittent, and the fact that morse code cannot be used for covert communications, and the fact that more communication content can be sent over 1 packet of digital data over 1 ms time frame compared to morse code....I found it to be not only a nusiance after earning my amature extra ticket back in 79, that I also found it to be something more of a novelty than a real form of communication.

It was good for the hey day thats for sure.

But if your trying to obtain a ham radio ticket, you dont need to know morse code anymore to get the novice ticket, which allows for full duplex voice communications on several different bands.

Actually I think the tin can and string with the spoon worked well for morse code!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
found this weird thing on shortwave looping over and over, on the weekend
just checked again but its not there anymore.

I figured it was morse code but it makes no sense

.- -. -.. -.-- / -... .- .-. --- -. / -.-- . .-.. .-.. --- .-- -... .-.. --- --- -.. / -.-. .- .-. .--. . - / -.-. .-. --- .-- -. / -.-. . -. - ..- .-. -.--

ANDY BARON YELLOWBLOOD CARPET CROWN CENTURY??

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As a backup means of communication, Morse Code has it's uses. People trapped in buildings during quakes or bombings, trapped mariners or miners are also people for whom it would be useful. The thing about this is that it can be used with almost zero technology available. Prisoners can tap out messages through a wall with their spoon, and lovers can have silent conversations in a crowded room. It's worth knowing, IMO.

But it does take a lot of practice to become good at it. The US Army tried it with me, and hours and hours every day in a room listening to ever faster code through headsets almost drove me stark raving mad; not that Uncle Sam cared.

new topics

top topics

join