It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2009 NHL Season discussion thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I was holding my breath on this one...Chissler do you recall this?...hehehehe

I took this one on 23 December 2008..Its nothing special but I like the intensity it gives off as Richards and Spezza face off

[edit on 9-1-2009 by cmd18B]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's Gameday!!!

Montreal Canadiens vs. Wasington Capitals!

I'm pumped to see Ovechkin play but I'm nervous he's going to stick it to us. They lost last night so hopefully that trend continues tonight. I'll be headling down to the Bell Centre around 4pm (3 hours before the game) and going into La Cage aux Sports. It's a sports bar in the Bell Centre that you can only get admission to on game days if you have a ticket to a home game. Once the game begins people without tickets can go in to watch the game, but prior to it's only people attending the game. Huge facility with flat screens everywhere and everything is Montreal Canadiens. A great atmosphere to be in before a game.

I'll post some more picutres of tonight's game tonight or tomorrow before I fly home. An evening flight tomorrow so I'll be able to enjoy my last day in the city.

Go Habs Go!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A little diddy that I've been listening to a lot over the past year.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

He is a blast to watch...OV is awesome and I saw him in warmups last year during playoffs and he has a great wrist shot loaded with power..That Columbus Goalie Mason is on fire...Should be a good game...We play Toronto tonight and need the two points after the Rangers salvaged a point last night!!!

I cant wait to see more pictures!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I have to say that the fans there are loyal and loud!!!!I hate when the Flyers play there but would love to go back and have some freindly banter with the natives..lol

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Rangers finally win one tonight.

Can't wait to see the highlights from the Habs Caps game. Looks like it was a good one.
Chissler must have been beside himself.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Tonight was beyond crazy!

I'll have pictures up in the morning guys. Bell Centre was rocking!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Damn, six goals in the third.
You really picked your games well this weekend.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Lokks like the Flyers and Rangers will be going at it head to head soon...Should be a good game...Lundquist is looking human finally...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A few shots from the Habs & Capitals game...

This is us after the game.

Ovechkin.

Warm-up.

Some NHL greats!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ovechkin in the pre-game warmup.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Local rivalry tonight.

Go RANGERS!

external image

[edit on 13 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

After wearing a Habs avatar, you're still rooting for the Rangers?

Evolve Mr Dog, evolve. Don't go the way of the Dodo bird.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Are you kidding?

I'm not even close to despair.

Keep in mind I'm also a Mets fan.

That's like rooting for the French!

This is nothing compared to that.

* btw, like the image I linked? *

[edit on 13 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Have you ever felt bad even if your team wins?

We barely scraped by the Islanders tonight and we looked dreadful doing it.
We had to hang on for dear life at the end.
I know a win is a win but dear lord, we look nothing like the team we were at the beginning of the season.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thats how I felt when the Flyers barely scraped by the Panthers on Friday, We needed the two points..I wish we had beat Tampa and we looked terrible that night!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ok gang. time to throw my hat in the rink

You may not know much about us these days but we're gonna start making some serious noise out on the west coast (yes, the NHL does have west coast teams)

My Kings will be a cup contender (barring any GM fiasco) by the 2010-11 season.

We have some great young players in Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Johnson, Bernier that will lead this team into the future.

as for this season......we are doing what we always do in January......lose

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Anjin]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Welcome to the board, Well LA sure does have a few good players and gave my Flyers a tough time recently, I will say that your goalie is solid, he moves laterally very well, I like Kopitar..A good power forward...

So now we have a Kings fan, a Montreal Fan, A Rangers fan((boooooo), and a Flyers fan here..Im glad

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

But I must say that even though i'm a Kings fan, i'll always be a fan of hockey first!

I love watching hockey night in Canada on the weekends. The Montreal vs. Sens game was great to watch because of the fan support you get in Canada. I used to be a season seat holder (when I lived in LA) but would love the chance to see a game in Canada, especially a Leafs/Habs game.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well Im very upset right now...Crosby pulls out of All Star game due to injury and Martin St Louis gets the nob, Since Im a fan of Mike Richards and the Flyers and I have a good argument now for him getting hosed again, Richards and St Louis have the same amount of points but Richards is a center and St Louis is a winger, Richards should get the nod since its a position swap, I center pulls out so he should replace for a center, even though its only an all star game Im sad not to see my favorite player attend the game and he should have been selected, He is a good two way player....Dammit....lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join