It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey boxing fans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here's something I've always wanted other boxing fans' opinion on.

Do you think a prime Thomas Hearns would have been able to knock out Floyd Mayweather?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
wonderful question that is real hard to answer. I personally would say yes as mayweathers never really been tested and hearns was a a true great who engaged in many classic battles. I think that his reach and power would be something mayweathers never had to deal with and he wouldnt be able to handle it. but on the other hand there is no way mayweather would ever take a fight with such risk

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In short,no.
Im not a fan of Floyd,but he is withouta doubt one of the best boxers of his generation.
He didnt go undefeated by being lucky.
He even knocked out my guy,Ricky Hatton:shk:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes, i think he would easy. The only thing Floyd would be able to win against him would be a crap talking contest.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Absolutely no!

Any primetime boxer from the 60's to the late 80's would beat any fighter of this generation just because in the golden years of boxing, boxers prepare themselves harder, where more technical. more physical, and had nothing else going for them but just to box. The boxers nowadays dont train half as hard as boxer from past years.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think it's a pretty tough question to answer. Hearns had tremendous power for his size. It would only take one good land and Mayweather would be in trouble. Mayweather is quick like a mongoose though.

All in all, I'd probably put my money on Hearns in his prime.

Edit to add: I bet you Paquiao would knock out Mayweather right now. Paquiao could go down as the best pound for pound ever.

Peace

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Dr Love]

new topics

top topics

join