It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass confusion of Citizenship Rules: Obama is Legit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishgrl
I have yet to see definitive proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Particularly since his mother was pretty advanced in her pregnancy while she was in Africa. And as far as I know, airlines have had a pretty standard practice of not allowing women onboard a plane if they are close to delivering. There is the possibility she gave birth in Africa, and flew to Hawaii soon after to register Obama's birth with a Hawaiian hospital, thus the Hawaiian birth cert.

The thing that bothers me is that the birth cert he's produced so far does not have the typical hallmarks of a normal Hawaiian birth cert (a doctor's signature for example).

This is not resolved to my satisfaction and the more he drags his feet on this, the more suspicious I become. As I said before, I voted for him, I have no issue with him, but again, I want him to have LEGITIMATELY acquired his office.

I've been looking, but I can't find any indication that Obama's mother made any trip to Kenya in 1961. Yet here you are saying she was "pretty advanced in pregnancy at the time."

I'm sorry, but without some proof of this trip I'm going to have to regard your story as an embroidery of a rumour based on someone's wishful thinking.

Six months after they wed, another letter arrived in Kenya, announcing the birth of Barack Hussein Obama, born Aug. 4, 1961. Despite her husband's continued anger, Sarah Obama said in a recent interview, she "was so happy to have a grandchild in the U.S."

Now why would Obama's parents write to his grandparents in Kenya, to announce the birth, if they had just given birth in Kenya?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

the issue is not that he used a foreign passport but rather that the citizenship rules of Indonesia, at the time he attended school there, stipulated that Indonesian citizens could not claim dual citizenship, which meant, in theory, that Obama, or his mother, would have had to renounce their US citizenship (if I understand the issue correctly). Therefore, Obama would have had to reapplied for US citizenship afterward, which apparently he did NOT do. Im sure the SCOTUS will figure it out....

Bold Reply: Indonesian Citizenship rules have no bearing on any other citizenship status than Indonesia's. This means that you could legally be a Natural Born U.S. Citizen, and live in Indonesia... I have no evidence, but know this is a fact as one of my childhood friends was a Missionary and his family spent 7-9 months out of the year in Indonesia. The other 3 months they lived at their home in the U.s. (Right next door to me...) These people were U.S. citizens, But I know for a fact this kid attended Indonesian schools.

The only way this was possible is that he and his family had both Indonesian and U.S. Citizenship.

Underlined Reply: "In Theory" and "if I understand the Issue" are strongly symbolistic that you do not "understand the Issue". No offense, of course.

It's really very simply. In fact, most nations have no forbearance or interest in where you hold another citizenship, so long as you are a citizen of their country while you are there. France Requires you to be a single citizen... Yet you can EASILY get dual citizenship from the U.S. and France (as long as you have a french job)

anywho... It's easily researched, I'd avoid listening to what others tell you, and investigate it on your own. you'd be surprised how simple it is to prove these accusations false.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's actually quite interesting and I am using these threads and some posts as a project for my Psych Final and my Political Science American Government Final Report.

FoR the Psych I'm going to write about the reasoning behind these claims that try to rationalize why Obama didn't win and why he isn't American, I will be looking at race as my primary point. I will also use cultural and political points.

The American Gov is going to be about the Constitution and the view points of why HE isn't American and why he is American. I will go into the natural born thing. I am going to make it a Pro- He was born in America report. I don't think my liberal professor would like to read me say Obama isn't an American in my conclusion, he would say, kid your stupid for telling me that, F!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
It's actually quite interesting and I am using these threads and some posts as a project for my Psych Final and my Political Science American Government Final Report.

FoR the Psych I'm going to write about the reasoning behind these claims that try to rationalize why Obama didn't win and why he isn't American, I will be looking at race as my primary point. I will also use cultural and political points.

The American Gov is going to be about the Constitution and the view points of why HE isn't American and why he is American.

Gotcha! Well good luck on that... It should be an intriguing study. I would seriously look into unconcious/subconcious 'racism' being a strong factor in opinions towards Obama... Especially in the midwest (some kids I know from these areas are amazed to see "black people" when they moved here to Nashville. Shocking but true)

I will go into the natural born thing. I am going to make it a Pro- He was born in America report. I don't think my liberal professor would like to read me say Obama isn't an American in my conclusion, he would say, kid your stupid for telling me that, F!

Well, at the least even if we disagree on viewpoints, you're one of the few college educated folks I know that are smart enough to make their work entertaining to their audience. I tried this same concept my freshman year, and sadly my seemingly liberal professor was conservative, and I received an f. Leftist Liberal Prof Next Semester, Same class, 0 attendance and still got an A, because she liked my 'radical Ideals'...

Seems sometimes college is all about learning proper manipulation tactics.

Sorry to hijack my own thread here... We can get back to the Confusion of Citizenship rules now!

[edit on 12/3/2008 by coven]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I cannot say whether Berg's writ was granted or not but I CAN say that the COURT (as in the US SUPREME CT) gave Obama until 12/1/08 o respond to Berg's motion, and as far as I know, Obama has not done so. This basically amounts (in legal procedure) to an admission. So, folks can throw around Constitutional phrasing, or legal precedent all they want to, but if Obama isnt complying with a Supreme Ct order, then he is hoisting his own petard IMO. NUFF SAID.

[edit on 12/2/08 by irishgrl]

It was not yet granted..and you are right that the court has given Obama until 12/01/2008 to respond (although I thought it was the deadline for the court to respond). On 11/18/2008 the FEC filed a waiver to respond on behalf of all named parties. So he did respond by waiving to respond. This does not equal admission that I am aware of..and if it is so can you point me to the law or court ruling that states that? Thanks.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by its bologna]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by its bologna]

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

if a child is born in America to American parents, that child is a citizen. Why is a piece of paper necessary to prove it? Same with a social security card, why do we have to get one in order to be a functioning member of our society?

<< 5  6  7   >>

join