It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers investigated after assault of Mark Aspinall caught on CCTV

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by Merriman Weir

You can't think the police were over the top, and then say its ok if he's sentenced as part of disorderly conduct. All charges against the man should be waved no matter what, well short of him killing an infant. So I don't understand why you keep saying if theres something credible to what the police say he did, because it doesn't matter, it's not credible what he did because the ends never met the means. So even though you are saying your for Aspinall you'll be ok with this if he's found guilty?

Look, for clarification's sake: from viewing the footage it's fairly apparent that Aspinall was unlikely to be a physical threat to the police. I think we both agree on that.

However, as neither of us were there, we don't actually know for certain what was said to the Police, so rather than make an out-and-out 100% claim that I know what was said, I'm open-minded to the possibility that Aspinall could have said/done something to put himself open to charges regarding being drunk and disorderly or a Public Order offence.

Now, regarding the actions the Police actually took: over-the-top and unwarranted, as I've already stated. Even if Aspinall was guilty of being drunk and disorderly or guilty of a Public Order offence, the line of action the Police took was ridiculous. Even given it could possibly be argued that by trying to run away he was resisting arrest, it's still a massive over-reaction by the Police.

I really don't understand why you're having problems with what I've been saying over the last few posts. If, again, you have problems with what I'm actually saying - as opposed to what you think I'm saying - then the fault lies at your end.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Happens all the time in Tottenham and let's not forget how they fairgame and harass people they have no business interfering with. The UK police have become a cult, officers are in secret societies and have become a law onto themselves.

Of course they follow the rule book with criminals, it is business as normal but the love to lay into the law abiding.

You're right, it's the god damn officers who are in the masons that get away with murder.

The vry worst type of police officer are those who have the protection of eltitist circles.

This is well known in scotland, england and wales. God knows how many times speeding police officers have been let off with such crimes just because they have 'brothers' in certain circles.

Disgusting.

Not saying all Masons are bad people, far from it.... But as one person told me (who's identity i will keep secret) 'They are a very powerful, crooked group of men'

Obviously I now expect the masons to reply by saying 'nonsense, the masons are lovely people, we do charity funds and everything'

My response is this...

'Bollocks'

The Masons, for years have been turning a blind eye at judges, police officers and the like.

*cough Thomas Hamilton anyone?*

en.wikipedia.org...

Never was a truer word said Mr Lizard.If you take a look at the travesty of the conviction of the Steven Downing conviction for the Bakewell Tart (sic)Murder it stinks to high heaven of the Masons at work.If it was'nt for investigative journalists like Don Hale ,from the local newspaper Matlock Mercury,he would'nt have been freed.Even ten years of investigation ,death threats and attempts on his life,Hale stuck at it,resisting pressure from his editor to drop it.As to abuse of the soldier,constant vigilence of the press and public alike to report these abuses are essential if Britain is to function as a free and democratic society.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I'm sorry I've been so defensive about this situation but I suppose it's different for myself because I have been pinned to the floor by an authority figure before and well lets say that I exacted my own justice and it is not always so easy to do. I understand where your coming from and yes we definently don't know enough of what happen before the beating, either way whats on the video the police acted out of line and we agree on that. Personal experience has clouded my judgement somewhat and I am sorry for aiming my negativity toward you.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join