It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers investigated after assault of Mark Aspinall caught on CCTV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did they deserve this..?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Just wait. These officers will be brought to justice. The police in the UK are not untouchable - and they know it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
RCW, No one is saying the Police should not deal with drunks but you said the Police should be able to give them a good thuumping which is not only wrong its against the law pure and simple. The Police do not have the right to beat anyone up even when they are being attacked, they have a right to defend themselves not a right to attck people. It does not matter if a person is being difficult or not, the Police have to remain within the law.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Now more than ever before I can say that I have come to 'believe' in one of my collection of CTs.

The patterns of police abuse in the US and the UK are so similar in nature and form that I can only accept that the 'leadership' in our nations are if not one and the same, certainly belonging to the same 'school' of thought.

Perhaps the 'ruling elite' are visibly 'tightening their grip' anticipating a gradual 'acceptance'.

Now the media is supposed to generally suppress these events, but it cannot do so in the case of public oversight.

Currently more in the UK than in the US, there is a preponderance of video evidence recording thousands of police-community encounters. Perhaps a committee of community members could review these events to make a study of the civil manner of interface between government and governed.

Or, are the citizens forbidden access to the record?

The tacid acceptance and even approval of this kind of outrageous conduct by our leadership constitutes treason. I'm in the US

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

i'd bet you would cry like a baby if they did it to you, you'd come on ats weeping about the unfair beating you recieved at the hands of the corrupt police force. we are supposed to trust and respect our police force not fear them, you seem to forget that they not only beat him, they have conspired and lied in court and cost him his future career, what a bunch of tossers, they should pay him money and be sacked and given a community service!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When you refuse to cooperate when the police officers try to question you, and then resist and try to get up and fight while police officers try to subdue you (especially if you are drunk and belligerent) then you will most likely be dealt with roughly.

I don't think things got out of hand until the drunk offender bit one of the police officers. As a firefighter / paramedic, I know that when we deal with belligerent people, biting and spitting can not be tolerated. Not only because it is abusive, but mainly because it can cause transmission of disease. AIDS, Hepatitis, etc.

At the end of the day, I am going home to my family (disease free), I don't really have too much concern for some drunken imbecile who thinks that because he is a soldier he gets a free pass on abusing and assaulting public servants.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

The police didn't act profesisonal at all... And he didn't attack or make any jestures to suggest one... the amount of force he received was not neccesary... For you to justify this kind of excessive action.. makes me seriously question your morals.. This is coming from someone that has allot of freinds,family that are police officers..and soldiers alike...

Tell me what happened PRIOR to the video starting...I love how media and people draw conclusions from the LITTLE BIT they see and NOT the entire situation. Why were the cops there in the first place???? I bet DRUNK soldier boy had everything to do with that...but of course lets not discuss that..lets bash cops for handling a drunk moron.

[edit on 11/30/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It looked like the punches to the shoulder were to try and get his arm around for cuffing.

However, if you watch closely you'll see..

He did appear to get one officer's pant leg in a grip between his teeth at one point. But, the cop had already bounced his head off the road a few times before that. Also, the cop did not scrape his face against the road until several seconds after he'd turned the cop's pants leg loose.

Like another poster here, I can see the punches to the shoulder to get the arm around to cuff him. However, bouncing his head off the road and rubbing his face against the road appear to be the cop being little more than a thug and he'll hopefully get all he has coming for those actions.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The UK keeps talking about Sharia Law,,,,well lets try scrubbing the officers faces in the asphalt and then lets let the victim and two of his buddies have a go...one at the time with the officers....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Where the Police out of order, yes. Mind you in a few month time they would just tazzer him a few times before giving him a kicking. Thankfully not all cops are like this. I've seen the abuse the Police have to take when dealing with drunken thugs every weekend, if they where all like that then these types of incidents would be news all the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Civilians have a 3 strikes and you're out law against them,its about time the police had something similar.

One strike and you're out because they,unlike civilians,swear to uphold the law,protect,serve and all that jazz.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

The video shows them restraining him, and effectivly tapping him on the back about 8 times. That does not constitute police brutality in my book.

It clearly shows the officer hitting him with full force and,if there wasn't traffic,he would've probably carried on.

Show me where in a police training manual it says punching someone in the back is a method used to help restrain a person.

It seems from the footage that the guy gives some lip then runs away, asking for trouble.

It is not a crime to 'give some lip' and then run away.Its a crime to be drunk and disorderly,but that doesn't mean that the police can take matters into their own hands.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just be glad they don't all have guns!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

not sure about the UK but in the US its illegal to be drunk in public annoying everyone including the police and acting like a complete jackoff.

Its illegal to be drunk in public even if you're not acting this way.

Laws are there for a reason,if the police break them why should anyone else keep 'em? Police are meant to uphold the law,not enforce their own version of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Police officers investigated after assault of Mark Aspinall caught on CCTV

www.timesonline.co.uk

Three police officers are being investigated after a soldier claimed he was repeatedly beaten while being pinned to the ground.

CCTV footage shows Lance Corporal Mark Aspinall, who was praised for his bravery against the Taleban in Afghanistan earlier this year, being held down by two officers while a third appears to hit him on the back.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I can't decide whether the standards of entry to become a police officer has just gone down, or has there been a new overall method of training that has resulted in more and more police officers acting like this?

The footage from climate camp2008 of the police harrassing and terrorising enviromentalists is a prime example. uk.youtube.com...
and uk.youtube.com...

but this is getting stupid how hands on they are getting.
Just wait till tasers are introduced, how much are the police going to abuse this!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mind showing us a case where a "Masonic police officer" gets away with murder?

Or proof that any of these three are Masons?

I mean surely if you say something as audacious as this you have proof? I wouldn't want to automatically assume your ignorant or uneducated now....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
With all the cameras these days, you would think the one would get to see a officer being a hero sometimes, BUT, Nobody deserves being beat down.

There are many good cops that cross the line I bet and wish to hell they could take it back. There are a few bad cops that should be in jail.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bnmssnit

Clearly you have no idea how Sharia law is implemented in the UK. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have no sympathy...he fought for that country.He chose to join the army and now hes mad bcuz he got messed up by some cops....welcome to the real world army dude.I bet he regrets protecting a police state now eh??

I did a collage on the army and government...its sick how a guy can fight for his country and come back to get screwed by his government.I found article after article on some poor guy who served in ww2 and came back to find his goverment found a loophole to screw him out of money he deserved.
This day and age I have no sympathy for army people...they chose it blindly believing what they were told.
Its ok everyone...your government loves you and is gonna take good care of you!!!!
I had a few beers and am sorry if this comes across as harsh but seriously...whats he expecting confronting the cops like that.
I have been arrested many times and that guy actually deserved what he got...rule number 1 shut the hell up and do as yer told....welcome to the police state.
Sorry again if this seems harsh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join