It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries film children being buried alive in the Amazon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Came across this video and found it a bit shocking. If this has been posted before I apologize, came across the video unexpectedly while watching horror film trailers. I had no idea this was going on!

***Warning*** video contains indigenous unclothed people, also if you are very sensitive about bad things happening to children you probably will not want these images stuck in your head.

It looks quite real, though I am thinking it is probably fake. However if it is staged it seems as if it would qualify as child abuse, especially the screaming two year old with a mouthful of dirt. That certainly seems like an aspiration/choking risk. But perhaps the producers thought it was worth the risk to raise money for their important missionary work? Perhaps this is the justification for converting every last indenious Amazon tribe?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yeah most of those shows are fake. the ones in new guinea and those red lookin guys firin bows at helicopters. if tribes like that are so good at not being found then how do we find them eh?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Even if it's fake that's still pretty disturbing. Especially when they show the kid crying with dirt in his mouth and choking.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think it is a fake production video. In some shots you can see dirt thrown on top of the camera lens because the camera was placed down in the hole looking up. Why would a camera crew stand by and film this without trying to help the children. Especially a CHRISTIAN camera crew.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
you think this is bad check out the children witch tirlas going on in nigeria by christian priests declaring practically anything bad that happens to be the result of children who are witches

beating, torture, burning alive, buried alive, starved, hack to pieces

really its just so messed up

just go to you tube and search for

Saving Africa's Witch Children

i wont link some of the images are against TOC

*gotta love the swear filter blanking out a country's name

[edit on 30/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This video is fake. I lived among the Yanomami natives in the Amazon, and I can assure you that this does not happen. If a man were to attempt to kill his children, the tribe would run him out of the village and care for his children. They would not stand around and watch. Life is very sacred to them and the killing of a child would cause serious spiritual repercussions.

Children are raised by the entire tribe and everyone looks out for their welfare. The Jesuit priests on the other hand, have a very destructive agenda and this looks like another of their propaganda attempts. They wish to destroy the native culture and replace it with one of fear for a Christian god. I saw Jesuit priests collect gold from natives and trade them aluminum pots and pans. I saw Jesuit priests refuse medical treatment to a tribal chief who was wracked with fever, simply because he was not baptized. I always though that one had to save their lives, if one hoped to save their souls. Apparently these so called " priests" are more concerned with promoting their own goals, than in doing good for mankind. This video is another shameful example of how horrible missionaries can be towards native cultures.

The Yanomami have lived in the Amazon for about 20,000 years and the forrest is better for it. They have a deeply developed culture with amazing medicinal knowledge. They are very peaceful and loving individuals. I wish these "Christian" bastards would stick to their own neighborhoods and stop destroying cultures that are far less barbaric than they are. Remember the inquisition? Remember that Galileo was imprisoned and branded a heretic simply because he stated that the Earth revolved around the sun. It is only in recent times that the Pope admitted that they were wrong about Galileo. Talk about ignorance!!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This clip was posted a while back

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember finding a degree of solace in that it may well be Christian propaganda ("Send us your money, so we can stop this madness!" kind of thing)

In essence the 'sophisticated and civilized' Christian PR tactic is to get the recently converted and zealous locals to reenact the horror story of their heathen neighbors (against whom they've held one grudge or another for generations - as well as the local inter-tribal taboos dominating their cultures).

This practice has been responsible for many small tribes being hunted and displaced in several countries' Imperial past. They would have simply locate a suitably motivated neighbor clan and have them report the others as 'cannibals.' Then the 'civilized' agents would ensure 'forced' terms on the other tribe - even to the point of destruction.

This may not be quite so 'evil' in its ultimate goal, but is nevertheless the same tactic.

Aboriginal tribes across the world have been know for infanticidal practices, especially if the child was deformed or otherwise considered 'unworthy' of life. It never in my understanding was carried out as a 'whole sibling group' matter, nor was it carried out cavalierly as a matter of passionate response to offense.

It would be a major diversion from the current sociological understanding of people's living below the military horizon. I am a disbeliever until another source can display a less 'religiously motivated' case. I hope I am right, and this piece of theatrics is essentially propaganda. Scratch that, I pray I'm not incorrect.

Maybe another source might present more data for our consideration.

MM

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Thank you for your expansion. This is another indicator that their may be a great deal 'less' to the media piece than the content conveys.

I will refrain from extending any comment to responsible parties, because it is also possible that local 'business' opportunities could also motivate such propaganda, as the media monster is, in its own right, self-serving and soul-less enough to foment and propagate outrageous aberrations of human conduct for 'shock value' alone - consider 'reality TV' - the 21st century's equivalent of the Roman Colosseum and its atrocities for 'distracting the mob'.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes I do believe the video was a re-enactment. Too well produced to be anything but that.

But is it based on reality? Yes, I think so. It is quite moving nevertheless, as stated they would be endangering the lives of small children by making this video.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Absolutely, I'm sure it would make some have recurring nightmares, having been an 'actor' in that little 'play.'

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
even if it were acurate its a far cry from this

www.geocities.com...

if we hold one practice to account then dont forget to hold all of them to the same standard

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
They would have simply locate a suitably motivated neighbor clan and have them report the others as 'cannibals.' Then the 'civilized' agents would ensure 'forced' terms on the other tribe - even to the point of destruction.

Yes but in some parts of the world there WERE (and still are) very real cannibals. The true acts of indigenous people in many parts of the world make the propoganda pale by comparison.

In our modern age it is not discussed, but large scale really really bad stuff went on all the time among many "peaceful natural people living in their own utopia".

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The case for cannibals is an entirely diffferent matter. If one looks to the tribes of New Guinea, cannabalism is a matter of ritual warfare.

I studied anthropology under a professor who lived for several years among a tribe of New Guinea Cannibals. Two different tribes lived on opposite sides of a valley. Generally they subsisted on pig and sweet potato. The sweet potato was planted in fields close to the valley floor. Minor disputes over land would fester until a ritual war would result. The tribes would put on their war paint and shout insults at each other across the fields. As the day wore on, the insults got louder, the tribes moved closer and spears began to be casually tossed. Eventualy one person would get stabbed with a spear and the whole war would instantly be over.

The "winning" side would take home the killed individual and prepare a ceremonial feast. They call it "Long pork." As time went on, the tribe that lost a member would begin to get angry. "hey, they killed our buddy joe. Lets get those guys!!" and the war would start anew.

Children are never eaten, that would be bad mojo. These cannibals, like the Yanomami in the Amazon, are Animists, believing that everything has a spirit, and making certain that the spirits are kept happy is a central part of their culture. Killing a child would bring severe spiritual repercussions for generations. A curse too terrible to consider.

The whole idea of tribes hunting others as meat, is simply a Hollywood fabrication. It is all ritual based within a significant spiritual context.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Amazon Yanomami believe that everything has a spirit, Trees, rocks, birds etc.,(other than white man as they see how outsiders destroy the forrest with little concern) A great deal of their time is devoted to making certain that the spirits are appeased. If you get bitten by a scorpion for example, it is not a random act, it is because you have somehow offended a spirit. Making sure that everything you do in life does not upset a spirit is central to their cultural belief system. Killing a child would be about the worst thing that one could do.

Having lived among the Yanomami I can assure you that this preoccupation with spiritual correctness is very very important to them. They take great pains not to make any mistakes. Crime is almost unheard of, but when it does happen, a serious crime is met with banishment of the offending individual. Killing of a child would cause spiritual disruption for the entire tribe and not just for the one who did the killing. They would never simply stand around and watch someone killing a child.

There is never a need for infanticide as the Yanomami have well developed birth control. The big pharma industrial complex developed the birth control product Norplant, from copying Yanomami medicine. It is quite effective. Children born with birth defects, which is rare, are taken care of by the whole tribe in a very loving manner. I wish our "civilized" society would treat handicapped individuals with such care. In my time living among them I never saw anyone so much as raise a hand against a child.

I could tell you horror stories of how the Yanomami are treated by outsiders. The Yanomami are far more civilized than many more "modern" cultures.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerapinThe whole idea of tribes hunting others as meat, is simply a Hollywood fabrication. It is all ritual based within a significant spiritual context.

Ya know, I bet those tribes never even ATE human flesh until they saw Hollywood movies. I bet they only got the idea from evil western influence. Humans were never sadistic, well not until Hollywood came along.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You miss the point. Cannibalism is is not simply hunting humans for meat. It has a social and spiritual context. Cannibals do not hunt people in the way they hunt game animals. THAT fact is what I was referring to. Cannibals do not say, " I'm hungry, I think I'll go kill some one for dinner."

The eating of human flesh has occurred in just about every society that has ever existed. There are plenty of historical examples to choose from. Cannibalism as a common social ritual is quite different than say, what occurred with the Donner party, or with the soccer team trapped high in the Andies.

With the natives of the Amazon basin, which is the topic of this thread, there is nothing to suggest that they eat their young, and plenty to indicate quite the opposite, that their children are cherished. Hollywood would have you believe that Pirrana are mindless killers, but I have swam in rivers full of them and have never had any issues. Hollywood portrays cannibalism more like a zombie flick, mindless savages intent on satisfying their ravenous hunger with the salty blood of yummy humans, than what one would truly find in a society that practices ritualized consumption of human flesh. There has been a great deal of anthropological study conducted with Cannibalistic tribes. It is an interesting subject.

Christianity in fact directly relies on ritualized consumption of human flesh...the whole ritualized eating of a wafer and drinking wine in symbolic cannibalism of the flesh and blood of Christ. It is easy to point out that more people have been murdered in the cause of The Church, than have ever been eaten by native Cannibals. I would much more trust a Yanomami native with a small child, than I would a catholic priest.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
You miss the point. Cannibalism is is not simply hunting humans for meat. It has a social and spiritual context. Cannibals do not hunt people in the way they hunt game animals. THAT fact is what I was referring to. Cannibals do not say, " I'm hungry, I think I'll go kill some one for dinner."

Most cannibals eat human flesh because they LIKE it. Of course they don't just go around killing their neighbors willy-nilly, humans are pack animals and have to have some semblence of social order.

But to say "oh its religious and its not about enjoying a human roast" is truly inaccurate. Many cannibal tribes WOULD capture strangers if they could get them just for the meat. That is pretty well documented. Cannibalism was quite widespread in sub-saharan
Africa too, that was part of the slave trade, capturing natives to be sold as slaves or for meat.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Goodness. That's disturbing.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, there are also tons of rituals where they bury the child as a ritual. Then they exhume him and he/she has entered into a new life within the tribe.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would ask people that have a youtube account to flag this video and have it removed. This is propaganda by the Evil Popes army. These people would never do such Satanic acts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join