It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Wal-Mart's as prisons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else ever had this idea. I never shop at Wal-Mart myself, but pick up things for work there sometimes. I've always thought these would be excellent prison-camps in waiting.
First, you've got security cameras everywhere, inside and out. The large roll-up doors where the shopping carts go in at the front of the store could be used to back a big truck right in the entrance to unload folks. Then you've got a scanner at every one of the checkouts, which in this case would be "check-ins" where you get an ID card or chip that is scanned with your info.
The fenced in outdoor garden center could be turned into an exercise yard with the addition of some razor wire and a few guard towers. The large parking area is perfect for spotting any escapees before they reach cover. You have large food storage and even food prep areas at most of these gigantic places now, and some even have limited medical facilities (which could be easily augmented).
Most of the Super Wal-Marts I've been inside only have a handful of entry and exit points, and no windows in the main area. All duct work is exposed and near the very high ceilings, which would rule out that as an escape method.
Any thoughts on this? I realize its only speculation, but these seem like ideal sites hidden right under our noses in most towns. Any idea how many people one of these places could hold?

edit to add: As near as I can find, these places run between 90,000 and 200,000 square feet. Anyone have an idea how many people could be held in such a place? Also, how many "personnel" would be needed to secure it?

[edit on 30-11-2008 by drumist69]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Basically the same thing is cited in the above tops secret book by Jim Marrs.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thanks! I'll have to check that out!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If I'm incarcerated/held in a Super W mart I hope they either hold me in the pharmacy or the liquor department.

Who is going to act as guards in the Wmart holding centers? the Army? Cops? Republicans?

Even as paranoid as I am; I don't think one of biggest money makers in America is going to be turned into prisons.

Abandoned military bases, FEMA centers, perhaps....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, obviously, this would be in a post-martial law crackdown situation, something which would occur after the destruction of "business as usual", as it were. The inventory would be cleared from the store before housing people there. This is just an idea I was toying with. In theory, these would be local centers for "redistribution" of people to more permanent settings, like temporary holding areas where they sort out who goes where, conveniently located in a your town.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Every time I'm in Wal-Mart, I feel like I'm in a cattle pen. Guided through the aisles for maximum efficiency, just wide enough to get by but so close to others that I can't help but feel I have to hurry. Up to check out... sledgehammer to the back of the head. It smells that way too.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think its rather fancyful to see shopping malls as camps persee. In times of war or civil unrest all manner of buildings etc. are used from everything from makeshift hospitals to prisons. Is there any particular reason why you are concerned about supermarkets.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drumist69

I think the people who work at Walmart think they are already in prison.

All shopping areas have security cameras and other ways to spy on people.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't they just sign a contract with the military for workers a few weeks ago..

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Not really concerned, just speculating, since it seems that all of the necessary infrastructure is already in place for them to be used as such. That was why I put this in Skunk Works, its only speculation.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I hadn't heard anything about that. Could you post a link?
edit: a quick search revealed they had signed a contract with Armed Forces Radio/Broadcasting to sponsor some sporting event, and also that some Wal-Marts play recruitment videos on the TV's displayed for sale.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by drumist69]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
not handy, i'd have to search, it was on MSNBC and in the press releases from the white house about 2 weeks ago.
Said that walmart agreed to give all U.S. millitary a interview..
but did not say much more as to what else was in the contract..
what walmart got out of it, etc.
I though it was interesting..
I'll have to do some digging and see if i can find it again.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drumist69
I've always thought these would be excellent prison-camps in waiting.

The same thought crosses my mind all the time.

Wal-Mart would be the company to do it, too. They make more money every year than a lot of countries do. That's what you call "big business."

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I'd have to find an article detailing this, but from your description, it sounds like they're agreeing to help find jobs for vets. Sounds more like a P.R. move to generate good will by Wal-Mart, rather than anything sinister!

new topics

top topics

join