It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros deride terrible tactics and poor equipment in face of Mumbai crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Pros deride terrible tactics and poor equipment in face of Mumbai crisis

www.nydailynews.com

Indian officials defended their response to the Mumbai massacre Friday as the world watched them struggle through what some U.S. experts considered a Munich moment.

"It's just like Columbine," insisted former FBI Hostage Rescue Team leader Danny Coulson, referring to the 1999 Colorado high school massacre. "If they're slaughtering people, you've got to go in."

Indian authorities "were caught completely unaware,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think the picture says it all...

Just look at this poor fellow...
He has the wrong type of gun for this...
He cannot even hold it right...
And if HE is the bravest and only one fighting, whats everyone else doing...

IMHO, i think that the Indian Special forces needs to be given a crash course in training with the US Spec Ops...

What would be wrong with the Indians training with the best of the US, and the British Special forces?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I totally agree.

Bravery isn't enough.

The NSG are better trained in close protection etc. because of the bloody politicians surrounding themselves with what is known as "Z level" security (highest form).

What India needs is a dedicated team for fighting terrorists, armed to the hilt with proper weapons and trained in appropriate tactics.

That photo does indeed say it all. Single handed firing of an mp5 through a window blindly?! Crazy... some people are defending it saying that he had scoped it out and that he was providing covering fire, but that is no excuse for that amateurish display. I mean I have 4 years of very basic military training (reservist), but even I burst out laughing when I saw that live. It was a comical display of shooting.

I think some 85% of the annual budget of the NSG goes towards salaries- that tells you how poor the budget fraction for training and equipment is.

For the world's fourth largest economy, such a display is inexcusable. The NSG battled valiantly and effectively (if slowly) in the other hotels; but the Nariman storming was bungled IMO.

Better equipment + better training are a necessity. Lets see if the politicians get their thumbs out.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Indian commandos kicked there ass.
They just weren't readily available.
And from what I hear they were already on a job clearing out an Islamic education center.
Mumbai is a safe place.
They need to toughen up there swat teams for being available.
Me and 2 buddies could have done this carnage in Melbourne in 3 minutes.
You forget these guys were Islamic Funda"mental"ists.

top topics

join