It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai Attacks Blamed On Al-Qaeda As Pretext For U.S. Military Response

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Mumbai Attacks Blamed On Al-Qaeda As Pretext For U.S. Military Response

www.nwotruth.com

The swiftness with which the media blamed “Al-Qaeda” was staggering, especially considering the fact that the attacks had not even concluded before the boogeyman was whipped out of the closet once more to act as a poster child for the war on terror and allow the TV networks to show lots of blood, panic and authority figures pointing guns at people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related link.
Kanishk Tharoor: This is an Indian atrocity – not the West's.
www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by jakyll]

MOD Note: PLEASE READ: *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Am i the only one who sees that the West is using this terror attack as propaganda?

India and Pakistan terrorist/militant groups have been attacking each others since the 1940's.

In the last 8 years alone there have been over 27 terrorist attacks in India with an estimated 1030 people killed!

Several of these included multiple bombings.A good example of the coordination used before,contrary to the media,is the Ahmedabad bombings.Within a span of 70 minutes 21 bombs were detonated.When did this happen? July of this year.

So where was the media coverage then? Where was the media coverage of the countless other attacks on India? Or on Pakistan for that matter? Its been happening long enough,but they only take an interest now!

The Western powers are using a decades long conflict to try and get what they want.And they keep getting away with this BS because most people are to bloody dumb to do some research! Instead they believe everything they read and they help perpetuate the lies.Some people on this site are guilty of that too.

Deny ignorance indeed!

www.nwotruth.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edited to add....

Mumbai was also attacked in 2006.
7 bombs were detonated on the Suburban Railway in a space of 11 minutes.209 people were killed and over 700 injured.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sad but true, Jakyll

This is (sadly) only news because of the number of people killed, and because some of the dead are Westerners.

But at this point, I am beyond trying to explain what "False flag event" means to people.

I get so frustrated... most "Sheeple" pay lip service to the idea of not trusting the MSM, but as soon as I try to show them a non-mainstream or foreign news source, they spout off with "But that's an unverified/biased/speculative source!"

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Because when it comes to terrorism, the MSM only knows one group: Al-Qaeda. It's like the 1970's, when the only group they knew about was the IRA.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Its not some huge suprise that the MSM will start shouting Al Quaida as fast as possible, the name Al Quiada is a top selling news hit! Most television channels still have the "When in doubt shout Al Quaida" policy still in effect.

In any case i think there is now a clear majority of people who believe 911 and other terrorist attacks have been masterminded by USA and UK themselves. It's not something new really. Nobody would be shocked if it came out that they were funded by a western nation.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

This is just a bunch of poo. Jeez, not that I beleive EVERYTHING I see on television, but I do beleive that I saw true accounts of the incidents, some live and they indicate exactly who did it. The guys are ON VIDEO, hello?

edit to add: Not a credible source IMO, first of all I listen to the news constantly and I haven't heard blame of Al quieda. Only those who claimed the deed. When I say this is a bunch of poo, I mean that anyone would be trying to say that Al Queida is being blamed.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
space cadet

Yeah,i'm not saying it didn't happen.I'm saying that Western powers are using a long running feud to further their BS 'war on terror.'

asmeone2

I get so frustrated... most "Sheeple" pay lip service to the idea of not trusting the MSM, but as soon as I try to show them a non-mainstream or foreign news source, they spout off with "But that's an unverified/biased/speculative source!"

I hate that too.
But they have to say that,its the only argument they have at their disposal.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Jakyll, I don't understand where 'western powers' are involved in this. At this point no other nation has been requested to step in and help India, these attacks have BEEN going on there, this one was just more deaths, more bizzare in nature. And I have yet to see any MSM claiming that AlQuaida was involved. Sorry, I am so indifferent to this, but I just don't see where western powers or any other have claimed this.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hmmm.. I honestly haven't seen too much in the press sayint it was AQ yet. Maybe I just haven't been reading the right stuff.

From what I have seen.. From the Daily Mail online

Daily Mail

Police insist that Kasab confessed to being a member of the Pakistani terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has denied involvement in the carnage, and claimed he and the others were trained in the Muslim country.

..and that he was supposed to target westerners (according to the article).

The Long War Journal has a bit on Lashkar-e-Taiba

Long War Journal

The Indian Mujahideen -- a front group for the Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Harkat ul Jihad al Islami, and the Students Islamic Movement of India -- claimed responsibility for the attack. The Indian Mujahideen has been behind several mass-casualty terror attacks in India over the past two years.

Lashkar-e-Taiba has an extensive network in southern and Southeast Asia. A senior US military intelligence official described the group as "al Qaeda junior," as it has vast resources, an extensive network, and is able to carry out complex attacks throughout its area of operations. "If by some stroke of luck al Qaeda collapsed, LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) could step in and essentially take its place."

The relationship between al Qaeda and Lashkar-e-Taiba is complex, the official noted. "While Lashkar-e-Taiba is definitely subordinate to al Qaeda in many ways, it runs its own network and has its own command structure. The groups often train in each others' camps, and fight side by side in Afghanistan."

Even Fox news is giving credit to Lashkar-e-Tabia - not AQ.

Fox News

Lashkar-e-Taiba and Al Qaeda have shared training camps in Pakistan, though no evidence has been revealed so far of any Al Qaeda involvement in the attacks in Mumbai.

Most everything I've read from mainstream US news so far, (Fox, MSNBC) are pinning it on Lashkar-e-Taibia and not AQ.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

No, you're not the only one. I found out just before checking into ATS, when my brother informed me that Al Quaeda had done this, and I informed him that if they were mentioned it meant that the US was involved because the cia made them up, and they're not even real. He was really insistent. Then I read that there were eye witness reports of white skinned amongst the shooters. Well in fact, a blond and another finished their drinks, paid up, and took out their weapons and started opening fire according to accounts told to BBC news. So some interesting truths have already been revealed. Just previous to this the US, probably with their partners in crime, the UK, were bombing villages near the border of Pakistan, and when caught said they had the right to carry out bombings whereever they chose even without a war.

It seems to me, that this is being staged so they can walk into Pakistan now, and not for oil. Its a giant chess game and it would be their new base in the east. Its a giant evil chess game, and the US remains the main instigator, possibly with the UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

JESUS! I remember as soon as I saw the thread here on ATS saying Mumbai was under terrorist attacks, flicked through the 24hour news channels and the only ones covering it was the BBC. I tuned in and out a lot on the first day and have never seen mention of al-Qaeda being responsible, no, instead I here "We still do not know who's behind this but local Mumbai news agents are making mention to [insert outfit here - one that was not al-qaeda]"

I didn't once see an American news channel covering it during all the times I tuned in.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
space cadet

And I have yet to see any MSM claiming that AlQuaida was involved.

So its not mainstream its not news worthy??

Anyways,from the MSM.

Lashkar-e-Taiba also has connections al-Qaeda and the Taliban and the attacks on Western targets, and particularly the attempts by the militants to single out hotel guests with British and American passports, have encouraged the suggestion that there may have been al-Qaeda involvement.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

frogs

Even Fox news is giving credit to Lashkar-e-Tabia - not AQ.

The blame is there,its indirect,but still there.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In the beginning CNN was especially bad for making constant comments like "Linked to Al Qaeda" or "Likely linked to Al Qaeda".
They also made comparisons of the Taj Mahal being the "World Trade Center" of India.

CNN played this up to the absolute fullest- It was horrible, no doubt about it; but the way they responded to it was just off.

Good post OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
i think there is now a clear majority of people who believe 911 and other terrorist attacks have been masterminded by USA and UK themselves.

No, it's merely the loud, vocal minority who have been shouting things like that for the past near 8 years that have made it appear that way.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You are right.
In fact the majority of people on this planet, many of whom can barely speak English, probably hardly even know or care what they are.
They are to busy verbing peoples nouns.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Am i the only one who sees that the West is using this terror attack as propaganda?

No, I do too.

Originally posted by jakyll
Within a span of 70 minutes 21 bombs were detonated.When did this happen? July of this year.

So where was the media coverage then? Where was the media coverage of the countless other attacks on India?

Tis called to manufacture our consent, Chomsky's borrowed line to describe what they do when they want something. They open the floodgates whenever they have and end to a means.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
You are right.
In fact the majority of people on this planet, many of whom can barely speak English, probably hardly even know or care what they are.
They are to busy verbing peoples nouns.

Yes... yes they are!

[edit on 11/30/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
The guys are ON VIDEO, hello?

Well, it must be true. The television said so.

And yes, I saw the "terrorists" in the security footage on TV. Only hours after it occured.

As evidence, whoever got their hands on it should have taken it to the authorities for investigation before running off to the press with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just look at a map of the entire area - if the west become involved in any kind of war with Pakistan then they'll have Iran sitting right in the middle. That seems rather dubious to me - I hope that's not the plan but just a glance at a map clearly shows Iraq on one side and Afganistan and Pakistan on the other.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
Just look at a map of the entire area - if the west become involved in any kind of war with Pakistan then they'll have Iran sitting right in the middle.

An excellent point. I feel stupid for not realizing this before you mentioned it. Tonight's news was saying they were "trained in Pakistan".

I think you hit the nail on the head.

EDIT: Just looked at google Earth.

Checkmate.

[edit on 30/11/08 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join