It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does The US Continue To Give Billions To Pakistan?--MUST READ!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am putting this in the conspiracy thread because I think it is a conspiracy being overlooked by the masses. I even considered putting this in RATS because our government does not want the sheeple to wake up on this.

First off the US for the past several years has been giving BILLIONS of dollars to the Pakistani military. Link shown below.

www.nytimes.com...

So ok generally allies do help each other out but is Pakistan an ally? Even if they were why support a country that supports terrorists? That makes us no better than countries like Iran doesnt it? So lets go over this a step at a time.

In 1998 Bill Clinton launched a missile strike on Bin Laden to wipe him out. It hit but we later found out Bin Laden had left a couple hours before. Our intelligence pointed to a tip off. The ISI told Bin Laden it was coming so Bin Laden Hi Tailed out.

progressiveaustin.org...

Next we have the ISI transfering $100k to Muhammad Atta before 9/11. The link shown below...

911review.org...

So why would Pakistan be sending a bomber $100k? Is it a coincidence? Is there something more to this story?

Ok so now we move on to the next step in which Pakistan is hiding the Taliban and Bin Laden. Link shown below...

www.weeklystandard.com...

So once again we have our "ally" aiding and embedding the enemy. Among hiding them terrorist attacks in both Afghanistan and India are launched from Pakistan. Rumors are the latest India terrorist attacks were connected to Pakistan.

Then we have the Pakistani military firing on US soldiers. Link showed below...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Once again our allies firing on us for hunting Al Quaeda? They wont do it so who will?

The fact is we continue to give billions and the estimates are as high as $100 billion in "military aid" we have given to the pakistani government. How do we know our money isnt going to fund terrorists? how do we know that money we gave them didnt go right to muhammad atta? How do we know the bullets being fired at our soldiers werent paid for by the US?

There is a conspiracy here because I would like to think our government is not that stupid. Are we purposely supporting terrorism? Is Pakistan OUR station for terror? Or is this just a weird coincidence that our government continues to pour money into a country like this. If our government wants for people to trust what they say I feel they need to practice what they preach. Supporting terrorists or a nation that harbors them is exactly the opposite of what our government has been preaching right? I mean didnt we invade Afghanistan and Iraq because THEY harbored terrorists? Is the difference here that these are OUR terrorists? Why the double standard? What say you?

EDIT TO ADD: Cant forget about AQ Khan and his spreading of Nuclear Technology

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yep. It makes no sense to me either. Bush always used to say we don't talk to people who harbor terrorist and yet Pakistan is harboring people who are terrorist's. I'm glad you started this thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittlePinky82
Yep. It makes no sense to me either. Bush always used to say we don't talk to people who harbor terrorist and yet Pakistan is harboring people who are terrorist's. I'm glad you started this thread.

It has to be told. Star and Flag this this is an important thread I feel. There really is something to this when you just take a step back and look at all the evidence. There seems to be a plain in site double standard at play here. Even more than Israel having nukes but no one else can. Its decisions like this that makes people not trust our government. We need to cut funding from this terrorist nation and let them wallow. If they send someone over here then we take out Pakistan ourselves. ENOUGH WITH THE DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think we'll see a bit of difference in how Obama handles these transfers of funds to Pakistan. He's not that polished internationally, and has said we'll go after Osama, even in Pakistan.

After the problem recently in India, there may be a lot more for Pakistan to worry about than US excursions.

Personally, I'd continue to send the money, but then I'd demand access in exchange to these border regions without reserve. Call it "rent."

And then go in and wipe our these vipers nests.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Isn't Pakistan the first and only (yet) Middle Eastern nation, primarily muslim, who has nuclear weapon technology?

A bunch of crazy terrorists hiding in the only middle eastern country with nukes would be a good enough reason for bribery, I suppose.

At least, that's my knee jerk reaction to it at first. I know there's a lot more to it all than that, however.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have no idea, we should be arming India, the heck with Pakistan. I think its a case of keeping your enemies closer so we at least know what's going inside of Pakistan, IMHO!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Isn't Pakistan the first and only (yet) Middle Eastern nation, primarily muslim, who has nuclear weapon technology?

A bunch of crazy terrorists hiding in the only middle eastern country with nukes would be a good enough reason for bribery, I suppose.

At least, that's my knee jerk reaction to it at first. I know there's a lot more to it all than that, however.

But does it make sense to borrow the money from China at interest to give that money to Pakistan? We have no money we are broke. Let Russia do some bribing. They face the threat of a briefcase nuke just as much as us. Let someone else cover the tab of policing the world we r broke.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
I have no idea, we should be arming India, the heck with Pakistan. I think its a case of keeping your enemies closer so we at least know what's going inside of Pakistan, IMHO!

As I pointed out below we are broke we dont have money to keep thse guys close. On arming India we just signed a nuclear deal with them

www.washingtonpost.com...

Maybe this plays a roll in the whole deal.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Qui bono? Who profits? That's the question you should be asking. Who profits from wars? Who profits when people are kept as slaves? Who profits when these secrets are kept from you? Is it you? If not, then why do you allow it?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
Qui bono? Who profits? That's the question you should be asking. Who profits from wars? Who profits when people are kept as slaves? Who profits when these secrets are kept from you? Is it you? If not, then why do you allow it?

Not just me. Try the whole planet. The international banking cartels have taken root in all the major countries. None of the people have stood up. Then again these terrorist acts could be exactly that people standing up.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Years ago we were pouring money into Saddam Hussein's regime and the Taliban, methinks Pakistan will be the new patsy in a couple of years.

...Or days.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Years ago we were pouring money into Saddam Hussein's regime and the Taliban, methinks Pakistan will be the new patsy in a couple of years.

...Or days.

Ahhhh star for you that is a great point. Yup patsy might be the right word here.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Thanks.

I think they are running out of steam with the "Iran is making nukes" rhetoric.

To the best of my knowledge both Pakistan and India have nukes already, so it seems they are moving on to a "hotter" situation.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
The international banking cartels have taken root in all the major countries. None of the people have stood up. Then again these terrorist acts could be exactly that people standing up.

A war between Pakistan and India (hopefuly it won't come to that) would favour the agenda of the International Bankers far more than it favours the great unwashed. If there truely is a plan to depopulate the Earth, a nuclear war involving India, Pakistan and China would be a good (for the lack of a better word) starting point.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was ignorant to this until the other day when you corrected me. I can't even believe we are giving billions to Pakistan when people over here can't make a damn house payment. More people need to know about this. Flag and star. This is disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is always focus on the US giving money in the form of foreign aid to Israel (mostly in the form of loans that are repaid) and less discussed is that billions are also given to Pakistan, the Palestinians, Egypt, Jordan, and elsewhere, essentially to buy Western interest loyalty.

Problems not addressed are that the leaders of these places often just pocket the money and are on the take from other sources with interests not in line with what the US expects.

Musharaf in Pakistan was ousted largely because his two-sided game became unpopular with the Pakistani military and other political factions.

Radical Muslim groups are becoming more successful with the populace in poor countries. Egypt and Pakistan will likely not even pretend to be in line with Western interests in the near future. Pakistan is nuclear capable.

Do the math.

Mike F

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

There is always focus on the US giving money in the form of foreign aid to Israel (mostly in the form of loans that are repaid) and less discussed is that billions are also given to Pakistan, the Palestinians, Egypt, Jordan, and elsewhere, essentially to buy Western interest loyalty.

This is certainly true in the UK, but then I suppose it is to be expected in a country resigned to placate a sizeable and increasingly extremist Muslim population and which has already adopted Sharia Law for Muslim civil cases.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Israels money given is not in the form of loans. Its military aid like they give to Pakistan. I think the US needs to look at ALL of these including Israel. First off where the hell do we get the money to loan anyone let alone to just give it to them like Israel and Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

could be any number of reasons....how much is keeping quiet the fact that bin laden is dead worth?

new topics

top topics

join