It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians claim terrorists took orders from Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Indians claim terrorists took orders from Pakistan

www.timesonline.co.uk

THE Indian authorities yesterday claimed to have proof that the Mumbai terrorists were receiving instructions from Pakistan and discussing tactics with their handlers during the three days of attacks in which they killed at least 195 people.

The claims threaten further to embitter relations between the two nuclear powers. Tensions have been high since confirmation that the only captured gunman was a 21-year-old Pakistani.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Whilst the Western media has been pushing the story that this terorist attack was backed or organised by Al Qaeda its obvious that the attack was nothing more than the continued war between India and Pakistan. Such attacks have been going on for decades but usaually receive little attention in the news.

It would appear that the Americans and Brits that were killed were not the main target but the Indian population were. What India's response will be to this latest attack one can only watch and wait.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
India needs to take action in a very potent way. Military action to force Pakistan to give up all terrorists that they allow free reign in their territories.

If Pakistan does not want to coperate they need to be forced to coperate even if that means India Invading Pakistan.

Terrorists anywhere need to be dealth with an Iron Fist.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Someone posted something similar to this on another thread. I think that when it comes to terrorism, the MSM only knows to blame Al-Qaeda. They don't have a clue that there are other conflicts that have been going on longer than the past eight years.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is really going to get ugly. Both sides have been looking for an excuse to lock horns again.

The past frictions and conflicts between Pakistan and India are just festering sores that beg attention.

Pakistan has been the incubator of Islamic radicals for years. No surprise that these terrorists originated from Pakistan.

This is one time the US should tend to its mittens, and let this thing go which ever way it will. Nothing American blood will solve.

Besides, we've spent quite enough already.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Remember this?

Pakistan, India trade nuclear war of words

"India will be taught an unforgettable lesson if they ever launch a nuclear attack on Pakistan," he said.

"Our response will be a historic lesson for them if they used the nuclear option."

On Tuesday reports quoted Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes as saying that in any nuclear exchange India would easily absorb a nuclear hit whereas Pakistan would "cease to exist."

India could "take a bomb or two or more... but when we respond there will be no Pakistan," the Press Trust of India quoted him as saying.

(Source: CNN)

This should get interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is more disturbing to me than the reports of the US trying to pin this on Al Qaeda. The US has been escalating its aggression against Pakistan pretty steadily over the past few months. I will be VERY suspicious if this is used as an excuse to step up the aggression even further.

I am waiting to see who gains the most out of this event.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Only time will tell....

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is just the beginning.

ouch.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree that would be wierd since Al Qeuda has no connection with these terrorists. So far it has been confirmed that the attacks were carried out by the TEQ if Al Qeuda is to be blamed, this won't be pretty.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Al Qaeda would likely only have a logistical role in all of this. I really can't imagine them having command responsibility in all of this.

All of these groups network and often share camps and training inside Pakistan. Thousands of people train and graduate from these camps. Some join the fight in Afghanistan. Some go to Chechnya. Some go to Kashmir. Some go to Iraq. Some even go to the Balkans.

Both Al Qaeda and the Pakistani ISI play a support role in the operation of these camps covertly, indirectly, and directly.

This still does not pinpoint who has command responsibility.

Who planned and commanded the operation?

Lashkar-e-Toiba is being pointed at but are they really where the buck stops?

Lashkar-e-Toiba or LET, was founded in Kunar province, Afghanistan. (A place where I have visited and operated in.) In 2002 they allied themselves with the Taliban and Al Qaeda against Coalition forces in Afghanistan. It operates a number of terrorist training camps in Pakistani controlled Kashmir. It also operates in tandem with other terrorist groups like Hizbul Mujihadeen, which has connections to Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin aka HIG ( A group I got to learn first hand about while in Afghanistan).

LET also has connections with the Indian Mujihadeen, Students Islamic Movement of India and Dawood Ibrahim's organized crime syndicate D-Company in Mumbai.

With all of these connections, anyone from ISI, various Mujihadeen, or even agent provocateurs may be responsible. It could be a combination of all of the above, each with their own agendas and goals.

Regardless of the actors, I fear the endgame will be Pakistan.

Ultimately, the terrorist and militant camps in Pakistani controlled Kashmir must be completely wiped out. If Pakistan will not or is unable to take action then either the US and/or India can and will. This can be done through covert or direct action, but above all it must be done.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the perps that are running the show want to redraw the maps of the ME and Asia in general. There is just too much oil, gas and other resources to let a bunch of waring groups destablise the area.

It may well be that when the time comes it wont just be Iran that gets hit but Pakistan as well with the intention of breaking these countries up as was done with the former Yugoslavia.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!! you have noticed too that for the last half of the year since Pakistan has become very vocal in the constant attacks of the US in their borders and complain of Pakistani civilian casualties the relationships of the US and Pakistan has turned a littler bit Shaky, remember that the US doesn't like to be told what they can or no do when it comes to other nations borders.

I had the feeling that US will eventually find a way to put Pakistan on the spot.

Now for what I heard in the news the groups that did this attack in India is from a new group that has been doing business from the UK, very sophisticated and very well financed.

Also in the news said that passports from the UK where found on some of the terrorist found death.

Why, for some reason, things never seems to be what the governments wants it to be for the consumption of the public to whom they are trying to sell the propaganda.

Occurs India will blame Pakistan they are enemies, who else will they blame

But could this be the fault of Pakistan? or outside forces trying to frame Pakistan?

I wonder.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Where is the oil - in India or Pakistan? Oil is important, but not here. I really do not understand how such a well planned operation could be executed with help of few training camps. Indian special forces say that the terrorists were trained as good as them. In terrorist camp? 10 people succeeded to shut down huge city for several days and murder hundreds in several locations. All is very confusing. And it might be someone trying to push India and Pakistan into conflict. But who will benefit? No oil - so usual suspects are not there. India is close to US and Russia. Pakistan is close to US and China. War will hurt both countries. The only side that can hope to gain out of it is Pakistani extremists (not only those terrorist - they are the muscle only) that try to destabilize current government that even now has no control over large territories. They want to rule Pakistan. Who are those forces - i cannot understand. Intelligence, Religious radicals, Tali-ban - but i know too Little to figure it out. If India will do something on Pakistani territory without agreement of Pakistani government (even secret agreement and open disagreement) those terrorist acts worked. In my opinion.
Or maybe it is someone from outside that wants to stop India/Pakistan peace talks. I do not understand who will gain here though. China? Do not think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Zero, Pakistan has large gas and Oil reserves and its position is strategic as it borders Iran and other Gas/Oil rich nations. The US and others are exploiting the divide between India and Pakistan with the sole purpose of spliting the country up into smaller states so it can access and control the Gas and Oil supplies plus open up the Asia market for exploitation and the same of the people.

All future conflicts irrespective what they are dressed up to be will be about resources. modern developed nations know that without oil or gas we will be going back to medeavil times so the push is on to secure as much Gas/oil as is possible at knock down prices. The US/UK etc. will not be held to ransom over high fuel prices or lack of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Don't underestimate the training capacity of a terror camp.

People trained in these camps helped push a Superpower out of Afghanistan.

They helped the Bosnians and Kosovar Albanians in the fight against Serbia.

They have helped the Chechens in the fight against Russia.

People trained in these camps have been resisting another Superpower in Afghanistan now for Seven years and in Iraq they have resisted Five Years.

new topics

top topics

join