It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fleet 2008

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
CObzz,

That was a absolute classic

Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
But honestly, it was quite obvious how competent blow is on this subject when he mentioned the star wars defense system.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
It is an interesting subject, but one reason why the US is successful with their navy is due to the fact the US rules the skies and so makes their navy somewhat safer.

Americas power is through many different forms and areas. I believe that the US has overwhelming power because they control space and thus have unimpeded intelligence and communications which are essential for modern combat as shown by the Gulf War and Yugoslav wars where the Iraqis and Serbians lost contact with its forces and thus reducing the ability to locate target and organise offense and defensive actions. The US since the battle of Mid-way has used this to monitor and deploy forces so that "hot spots" are overcome before they even start. "From knowledge comes power" is a often overused cliche which applies to Americas intelligence capability

Another form of power is the number of naval bases located globally, America is only one continent but they can refill anywhere which gives them flexibility which the Soviets and Chinese never enjoyed. Add to the combination of excellent carriers and capital ships the USN is unchalleged for power projection although I believe they could not defeat a major power with a competance military. Britain, Russia, India, China, Germany and France

It would be like saying the US would be using their Navy to patrol the areas of the coast guard.

Chinese planners are looking straight at Taiwan for now but in the corner of their eye they see Africa, South America etc who provides China with much needed raw materials. Having said that I can't see the Chinese expanding sooner rather than later and any move the Chinese make will scare smaller neighbours which will be detrimental to Chinas "soft" power and Chinas "Peaceful" rise as they put it. What the Chinese leadership will do is hopefully establish control locally and might eventually have ties with other powers. But that leads me to question Americas role as a superpower and the world order, in the future we will not see superpowers but power blocks in the sense of the Cold war, athough their will be "superpowers" in a sense their influence will be limited by regional powers like India, Brazil and possibly Russia.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

That's great good for you big guy it doesn't matter. The fact is the U.S. military technology is growing at such an alarming rate that it is impossible for Chinese engineers to keep up.

Are you two seriously to conclude that the Chinese military is more technologically capable than the U.S.?

I'll be happy when those warships are destroyed by nuclear arms.
China

[edit on 11/30/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
reply to post by C0bzz

That's great good for you big guy it doesn't matter. The fact is the U.S. military technology is growing at such an alarming rate that it is impossible for Chinese engineers to keep up.

Are you two seriously to conclude that the Chinese military is more technologically capable than the U.S.?

China

No I think the point of what Cobzz was pointing out is that you have no idea what you're talking about. Therefore your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lsatwd
But honestly, it was quite obvious how competent blow is on this subject when he mentioned the star wars defense system.

And to think we all thought the Star Wars program was a Anti-ballistic missile defence system when in actual fact it was "a HUGE satellite program which allows the US military to zoom in on your bathroom if we want and take a picture of your face taking a crap."

The North Koreans need not worry afterall

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

reply to post by C0bzz

China

You're damn right it does matter. You were writing off these naval vessels, for the simple fact they were Chinese, not American, and you were basing that of looks, alone - the very nature of which is absurd.

“In just a decade, the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) has acquired about 25 Song, Kilo and Yuan conventional and two second-generation type 093 Shang nuclear powered attack submarines, with more Yuans and 093s to come.” Defence Today; "Australia and Maritime Power", John Armstrong and Paul Johnstone, March/April 2007, p. 12

25 diesel submarines, and 2 Nuclear subs in a decade. At this, by the way, accelerating, growth, it is conceivable the Chinese will have over fifty diesel submarines, and over ten Nuclear Submarines by 2020. Of course, that doesn't count surface vessels (skimmers), which are also being procured at an accelerated rate. Air Force, too, is quickly expanding at an accelerating rate. All of this, is some of the latest Russian and Chinese, technology. That is, infact, a capable, credible, possible threat, no matter how much you sugarcoat our own capabilities.

Are we to dismiss these huge numbers for the simple fact the technology is inferior than that of the United States? What about a war in the straits of Taiwan? That is very possible. I know little about the Naval warfare, for the simple fact it's Naval - I don't want to be kooked up in a salty, claustrophobic, slow, peice of steel; I like jets, which is usually why I stay out of Naval discussion like this. However, why don't you check out this RAND report. Scroll down till you find an ipaper with 'RAND: Project Air Force Air Combat Past, Present and Future' on the first page. Read it. Granted, it did not take into account the ROCAF, ROKAF, JASDF, RAAF, NAVAIR, AEGIS, or Patriot PAC-3, but hopefully that will give you some idea into what this thread is actually about.

As for the Nuclear arms comment. No thanks. That would kill lots of Americans, lots of Chinese; lots of civilians, while creating disastrous amounts of radiation, and could possibly lead to the fall of the West - I'd be happy with turning these machines into nice museum pieces. If opinions like yours were held in geopolitics, we would be setting ourselves up for another Pearl Harbour or World War 3. No thank you.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Cobz ChinaWhite that was hilarious, i even took snapshots so i can show friends. That was infotainment, it informs and entertains. Something on topic? Anyways I'm always Interested about the speed at which china is Advancing its military.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow, the hate towards China from several Americans here is disgusting. You're attitude reminds me of Nazi Germany, all this "America first" mumbo-jumbo is no better than the Nazi's ideology of thinking to be the best country, being supreme and crap like this. You have to stop this before it gets out of hand, nationalism is a very dangerous plague and not something worth to be pushed and being proud of. Sad.

I interpret the hate and mocking as fear of losing world leadership, don't you think it's hypocrite to on one hand cruise around the world preaching (and installing) American "values" of freedom and democracy, but on the other hand want to be the best, biggest, strongest, want to dictate the world and crying like little boys if another nation is on its way to come near(er) this "top-dog" status?

[edit on 30.11.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

This dude looks like he's rockin out with Windows 95!

Sorry, no dice. The simple looks of the interiors of a submarine tell us very little about the capabilities of such a vessel.

The most capable Nuclear Attack Submarine, the American Seawolf class, has an interior that looks like this...:

The most common, in service Nuclear Submarine, the American Los Angeles class, has an interior that looks like this...:

Computers themselves, have little to do with anything. The F-22 is ran by a grand total of 76 CIPs (Common Integrated Processor), water cooled. CIPs are the central, networked computers that enable the integration of radar, electronic warfare, and identification sensor data, as well as merge communication, navigation, weapon, and systems status data into coherent, fused information for communication to the pilot via multi-function displays. The F-22's Common Integrated Processor main mission computers (Plural) operate at 10.5 billion instructions per second and have 300 megabytes of memory. Pretty pathetic. Playstation 3 is 2 Trillion floating Operations Per Second... right? Yet, without a doubt, it is the most advanced aircraft in the sky, even for the foreseeable future.

I would suggest you actually look up the specifications and capabilities, not just skimming over a couple of pictures, all while justifing the whole delusion with the vessel being Chinese, not American. The pictures posted by Chinawhite, themselves, show designs relatively similar to existing highly capable, Spanish, German, American, French, and Russian designs. Anyone who actually disagrees with you is not a communist, by the way - we have discussion like this, to in part, keep us safe, and aware, of any threat and the current political tempo.

For the record, 'We see, we strike', in my custom title, first line, is the motto of 1st squadron, RAAF. Once I finish tertiary education, that's where I'm going - communism is the last thing I stand for. Keep that in mind. By the way, it would probably be best not to draw me into the other thread.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So what if the Chinese are building up a navy? Is that supposed to mean that they plan on taking over the world? Hahahaha...come on, building and maintaining a well-balanced military is something all countries do.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Funny how the Chinese are capable of hacking into military and other U.S government systems for months ON END, undetected, just goes to shows how advanced technologically the U.S is against a few Chinese hackers.

Also, the goods (or cheap goods) China produces, less than 1 per cent would stay in their own country, they just produce to sell to governments willing to allow for the mistreatment of Chinese laborers, and the dispersal of low quality products onto public shelves. Which is hardly the Chinese governments problem all they want to do is keep their currency unevaluated while building up a military backbone, as did America and Europe, but no one complains about them, if you do your a terrorist.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by 1xion325alpha]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well the nazis had the best technologies by miles and yet lost to the soviets and their "cheap stuff". People should stop being childish over who has the biggest toys.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Well the nazis had the best technologies by miles and yet lost to the soviets and their "cheap stuff". People should stop being childish over who has the biggest toys.

Thats because the russian didnt give a flying fook and sent wave after wave of men....they won by sheer numbers against germany.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Check out # 998, it's moving with the "parking brake" (anchor) "on"

I'm sure the same amount of quality control has been given to the construction, as they give to "goods for export". I wonder how much melamine is in it.
I also heard that Chinese ships only sink if the water is deep enough?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by C0bzz

China

Blowfish I've been reading this whole post and I truly admire your skill at evalutating a warship capabilities just by looking at a picture. It's true that the prettier the better.

Now that you've been exposed , I would suggest you stop posting here. You're just discrediting yourself more and more with post like this. The goal of this thread is not a USA vs CHINA battle. Hell, there would be so many variables and factor to take in account in a scenario like this that no one can really predict what would happen.

As for communist, we are not in the 60's anymore. If you were a bit educated on China, you would realize that they are not quite the communists you claim they are. And by the way, the US is pretty much nationalizing the banking system right now, so i guess you are a communist (sarcasm).

True, China have been reversed engineered US techonology. If China was the technology leaders, USA would do the same thing.

So blowfish, I suggest you go back to playing Amerca's Army and come back when you're able to discuss objectively.

Oh, and that comment on using nuclear weapons ...
Really, what are you trying to achieve with comments like that? That's the argument of someone who doesn't have any arguments.

BLOWFISH, YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE TO DISCREDIT YOU, YOU CAN DO THAT BY YOURSELF.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by imdeceived]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

reply to post by C0bzz

China

No I think the point of what Cobzz was pointing out is that you have no idea what you're talking about. Therefore your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Exactly my point! àim not an expert on the matter, but im not tryin to be either!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearSoul
what was the point of this thread???

It's a big-boys-with-toys thread. A chinese ex-patriot is showing us national phallic symbols with the implication that china is a big strong boy now.

Frankly, he's acting just as obnoxious as your typical Bush supporter was circa February 2003.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
yea, you don't have to worry so much about the type of ships in their fleet, but the number of ships in their fleet. then remember that they have the best 3rd generation tank squad on the planet. the largest ground force. a huge airforce. i'm not sitting over here feeling to comfortable.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Only a country that knows it isn't the best has to make propaganda.
Thats why you never hear of any British propaganda

Also the Chinese Navy isn't very good, lots of ships but still only a regional navy. Unlike the RN and the USN.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join