It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is no hiding from this people,i am no chicken little but, this ship is going down! ,the sooner people realize it and prepare the better,no fear mongering here.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JediK

Yes, the Wal Mart fiasco should be a good, strong wake up call. I agree that this is just the beginning.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We didn't see massive civil unrest on the scale of what's being talked about in this thread during the Great Depression...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

'
Yes everything was planned out, but there is still a step missing that has to be done, for it all to be complete.

That step is the martial law instatement! When most of the U.S. citizens will be hauled off to the Rex 84 concentration camps.

The camps are ready for us, the only thing missing is the people.

whaaaaaaaat? rex 84? i haven't even heard of such a thing. Nonetheless my fellow intelligents.. the time has come to get smart and get out of your cities! i live in a very small community high up in the mountains near a ski resort... and to be frank i feel VERY safe although i don't have my water filter and generator.... yet.

The time'll come where we we rebuild and work together. always love one another that is the fundamental law... in my opinion

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
We didn't see massive civil unrest on the scale of what's being talked about in this thread during the Great Depression...

And we didn't have the massive amount of people that we did back in 1929 was 1.8 Billion.

2008 6.6 Billion almost 5 Billion more.

This wouldn't be a national depression but a global one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
whaaaaaaaat? rex 84? i haven't even heard of such a thing.

"Readiness Exercise 1984."

Came up during the Iran-Contra hearings, it was revealed that in 1984 FEMA held this "Readiness Exercise" where they practiced moving "illegal aliens" into detainment camps all across the country.

It's concentration camp stuff, in the United States.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"The Sky is Falling"

why yes, yes it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's not fake. Here is the original memo:

butasforme.com... ly-wars/

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Alls I have to say is this. Earlier this year a letter sent from a Meryl Lynch analyst to Bill Gates poped up saying to all the big money leave the big cities and more to the country or a ranch that bad things were coming. Everyone dismissed that as crazy and now look. Im trying to find the thread here on ATS and cant find it. I dont dismiss this one at all.

They have been doing that for sometime . The rich are buying up Montana big time . They know whats coming .

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All of this was planned out many years ahead of time. It is just now reaching the west because they felt it was time to get us in line for domination now too. As far as all the hub bub about the riots and food shortages etc. that has been started all over the world over the last 2 years. The sick sick men and women at the top of these companies and clolleges think that humans are a plague of the earth and 80% of them need to go. This manufactured finacial crisis is their way of consolidating power to them the finicial elite and the richest of them at the top. They have repeatedly taken the "bail out" monies and bought up and taken over other perfectly sound companies and none of the laws put in place to stop this worldwide have been put into force to stop them. They are in charge now and we had better get off our butts and get ready because anyone who cant be self sustaining for an extended amount of time isnt going to make it.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
And I'll be watching the bonfire to with a smile on my face. But I don't buy into this 'Schiff the psychic' stuff. Lots of people saw the writing on the wall. Greed, self interest and more greed, meant they didn't shout about it. In the UK, I heard on numerous ocaissions from colleagues that Northern Rock was a house of cards. But while NR was expanding market share, increasing 'shareholders value' and making profits, no one said anything too loudly.

Oh I don't think he was "psychic" either. And I agree that a lot of people saw it coming and kept quiet, they knew and could milk the system as much as possible before the SHTF.
But perhaps that leads more into the theory that this was manufactured to allow the few wealthy elite to cash-in?

Nevertheless, he was right in a lot of ways, and gave that information publicly. And I'll bet a lot of those who laughed him off and lost a lot of money are now thinking about calling him to beg for his advice.

The thing is, most people knew there was a problem, simply because wealth was increasing dramatically, and debt was increasing along with it. But everyone ignored it because they could suddenly afford a bigger house or a second car.
People have long been living beyond their means, and thinking that it was the norm.

It takes a person with financial foresight to connect the dots and see where this leads. Most people couldn't tell you who gives them the money to buy that new car, how many others are getting the same deal, and how that translates to other banks and loans in the bigger market.
Even senior bankers probably couldn't have told you how precarious the system was.

Either way, real or not, ideas in the first post are right; financial hardship causes crime figures to rise, social instability and eventually a backlash against those institutions that (so publicly) caused this mess.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
whatever

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bartelsmith

Hmm, Forex spam.

I was hoping it would be an interesting new post commenting on the reality of current civil disorder spreading around the world. Oh well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join