It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan may relocate 100,000 army personnel to border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Pakistan may relocate 100,000 army personnel to border

in.rediff.com

Pakistan may relocate around 100,000 military personnel from its restive border area with Afghanistan if there is an escalation in tension with India,which has hinted at the involvement of Pakistani elements in the Mumbai carnage, a media report said today.

Private channel Geo News reported that Pakistan's military and intelligence sources told a select group of journalists today that NATO and American command had been told

that Islamabad [Images] would be forced to relocate its military from the borders with Afghanistan if there is escalation in tension with India, where nearly 200 people were killed in the multiple terror attacks on the Indian financial capital.

"These sources have said NATO and the US command have been told
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ishare.rediff.com
ishare.rediff.com
ishare.rediff.com

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
something will happen very shorty
please also, those who speak hindi or urdu listen to the additional news links

Terroists speaking on India TV

It is evident that they are preparing for what they know they have done.

Although I suspect western involvement, at the end of the day the anti-indian sentiment in Pak is growing too strong.

in.rediff.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, considering the terrorist actions perpetrated by India in Kashmir I'd have to object to your nationalist views:

Kashmir - The Whole Truth Documentary

Well worth a watch...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good find

Pakistan seems to be worried about this in a big way. Could indicate guilt, maybe I don't know.
I did think that India was a little early in stating blame though. How much evidence could you have verified in less than 24 hours.
Never the less it seems the world is becoming more and more destabilized at an alarming rate. You see new alliances being forged and not to mention all the warnings that have been coming out of world leaders as of late.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Thats the problem when you are supporting the Islamic extremists. It comes back to bite you in the butt.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

yeap, pakistan should have taken lessons from the US on that one

on topic
back to nuclear stand off?
pakistan militaraly would be crushed
so Nukes are their only leverage

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Yeah its creepy ain't it? Thank Allah that India is blaming on Pakistan and not on the U.S. Imagine what would have happened. Its a good thing that there are other countries that support Islamic terrorists. Had the U.S. been the only one, we be in big trouble.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hardly surprising... its the standard modus operandi of a state which backs terrorism.

India hasn't blamed the Pakistani government yet; India hasn't moved any troops to the border. In fact India is busy with investigations surrounding the terror attacks...

And instead of sending their chief of intelligence as they promised, Pakistan renege and instead start amassing troops on the border.

How can India sit peacefully without retaliating in some manner?

If true, this would be unacceptable behaviour by Pakistan. Clearly behaviour is not something that they are used to, but I was rather hoping that the new civilian government might have brought change and dialogue. Evidently I was wrong. Same old Pakistan... bait India with a terrorist attack and then escalate.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

The leader of India is blaming on them. I would say Pakistan would rather go to war then try to defend themselves for what they believe was the right thing to do. Terrorize India to get them to leave Kashmir.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

No no Singh has said that the terrorists were aided by external powers.

I think the allegation was not directed towards the Pakistani state at that point.

However since then, wire intercepts of the terrorists reporting in to their ISI handlers were logged.

The FM of India has said that he will release this evidence as he deems it appropriate.

It just remains to be seen how Pakistan's government reacts to the announcement that the ISI was involved. They either leave the ISI officers to hang, claiming that they were not acting on the state's orders (probably... plausible deniability); or they can claim that the evidence is made up (which they normally do).

At the moment though, nobody is accusing the Pakistani state. The only allegation is that the terrorists were from Pakistan. In time, India plans on revealing that the terrorists were ISI trained and ISI controlled + trained by the Pakistani navy apparently. We will have to wait and see.

Amassing 100,000 troops on the border is not likely to help Pakistan's claim that it is not on the defensive.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The leader of India is blaming on them. I would say Pakistan would rather go to war then try to defend themselves for what they believe was the right thing to do. Terrorize India to get them to leave Kashmir.

No, this was one of two things

1) An attack on India's economy
2) Deja-Vu, just like setting the tone to invade iraq. We all know Obama is itching to invade Pakistan.

None of these two options will affect Kashmir and Pakistan knows it.
Kashmir has nothing to do with this

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Hardly surprising... its the standard modus operandi of a state which backs terrorism.

India hasn't blamed the Pakistani government yet; India hasn't moved any troops to the border. In fact India is busy with investigations surrounding the terror attacks...

And instead of sending their chief of intelligence as they promised, Pakistan renege and instead start amassing troops on the border.

How can India sit peacefully without retaliating in some manner?

If true, this would be unacceptable behaviour by Pakistan. Clearly behaviour is not something that they are used to, but I was rather hoping that the new civilian government might have brought change and dialogue. Evidently I was wrong. Same old Pakistan... bait India with a terrorist attack and then escalate.

Nonsense!

What are you talking about? I wonder if you can read English poperly.

Here is what it says in the original article:

"Pakistan MAY relocate around 100,000 military personnel from its restive border area with Afghanistan IF there is an escalation in tension with India"

They MAY relocate IF there is an escalation (by INDIA!).

Note the words 'MAY' and 'IF'. As a sovereign state (supposedly) how is this unreasonable (e.g. Replace the words 'Pakistan' with 'US' and 'India' with IRAN'. FFS)

People really need to learn how to read English before they spout off judgemental, nationalistic, fascist crap.

I agree that ALL terrorism must be stopped and given that India is proven to be a state conducting terrorism in Kashmir they need to be stopped.

I don't see why one form of terrorism is acceptable and the other isn't...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

That's not the point
Making this statement alone is enough to be considered aggressive.
This is not anything close to being an act of peace during a very ultra-sensitive time.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Moving troops in response to an escalation of tension is not acceptable.

Unless India directly blames the Pakistani state or begins amassing troops on the border, there is no just cause for Pakistan to relocate their troops.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NEW DELHI – India pointed the finger of blame at Pakistan on Friday, saying preliminary investigations into the bloody attacks on its commercial capital showed that "some elements" inside the rival nation were responsible.

The coordinated series of attacks, which began Wednesday night, targeted 10 sites across Mumbai, including an iconic hotel and a landmark train station. More than 150 people were killed in the rampage, including at least 16 foreigners — four of them Americans.

Local media speculation quickly settled on Lashkar-e-Tayyeba, a Pakistan rebel group that has fought troops in Indian-controlled Kashmir, but newspapers and TV channels have offered little evidence for the suspicion.

You think India has enough and decides to root out terrorism in Pakistan even if Pakistan does not give permission? It be similar to U.S. attacks in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Jinni

Moving troops in response to an escalation of tension is not acceptable.

Unless India directly blames the Pakistani state or begins amassing troops on the border, there is no just cause for Pakistan to relocate their troops.

Yes it is.

If there is an escalation then they should be in a position to defend themselves. What the hell are you talking about?

So Pakistan might be attacked due to escalation of events and they shouldn't move to protect themselves? Would you expect your nation to do the same?

A lot of subjectiveness in your posts.

Perhaps your emphasis should be on NOT ESCALATING EVENTS WHICH India is now responsible for.

P.S. India has been using it's agents to bomb Chinese engineers in Pakistan for some time now. No public outcry. Why? Cos they are baddies Muslim friends of course so none deserve to live right? Nazism.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Your attitude is exactly what is wrong with Pakistanis.

In response to India ratcheting up the tension verbally, Pakistan plans on rolling out the troops?

Its exactly the same with the nuclear question. India has enshrined in law the principle of No First Use... while Pakistan doesn't do the same.

It's never India who start the tensions. Its always Pakistan via the ISI and terrorist acts.

Go ahead, show me one news article about RAW taking out Chinese engineers in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Jinni

Your attitude is exactly what is wrong with Pakistanis.

In response to India ratcheting up the tension verbally, Pakistan plans on rolling out the troops?

Its exactly the same with the nuclear question. India has enshrined in law the principle of No First Use... while Pakistan doesn't do the same.

It's never India who start the tensions. Its always Pakistan via the ISI and terrorist acts.

Go ahead, show me one news article about RAW taking out Chinese engineers in Pakistan.

I'm not Pakistani FFS! But I do try to see things with an open mind and I do have some Pakistani friends.

No first use? Pakistan hasn't used them yet and I nor you are aware of what their or India's true military strategic policies are. Also, considering they are 'dynamic' to changes in the context either one can change their policies quickly.

Perhaps they should follow U.S policy of first use like they did is Hirshima and Nagasaki. Maybe that would make you happy.

India has always been starting tensions. Their terrorism in Kashmir is one major part of that. India and Co. have been terrorising Pakistan with bombings since their last major war.

Here is an article about killed Chinese engineers:

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

And yes, they were Indian agents who carried this out. (it only serves their interest and no one else).

Israel has been collaborating with India on its borders and within to support and conduct terror actions on the people of Kashmir. Israel who are involved in Nazi based terrorism of Palestinians and India who are involved in Nazi based terrorism of Kashmir\Muslims.

I don't see Pakistan (as a stated based policy) do this to anyone.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Jinni, can I ask you what nationality you are?
Im not asking where you were born, but rather what your origins are if you don't mind.

I'm just curious

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Actually according to your article they don't know who the people were that killed them except "terrorists". Your stating it as a fact but it seems that is just your opinion.

Do you have any direct facts that can be proven? For all you know these could be the exact same group that attacked in India and was just trying to raid tensions between the two country's. It could also be random killers or little green men. Without a smoking gun or more facts its just your biased opinion.

Jumping to conclusions without hard evidence is part of the problem in this whole situation, lets not bring that to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join