It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New rifts form on Antarctic ice shelf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

New rifts form on Antarctic ice shelf

edition.cnn.com

The Wilkins Ice Shelf, a large sheet of floating ice south of South America, is connected to two Antarctic islands by a strip of ice. That ice "bridge" has lost around 2,000 square kilometers (about 772 square miles) so far this year, the ESA said.

A satellite image captured November 26 shows new rifts on the ice shelf that make it dangerously close to breaking away from the strip of ice -- and the islands to which it's connected, the ESA said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I do not believe the Global warming fairy tale that has been circulating for some years but more of a believer on natural events that are just part of the Earths natural changes.

But natural or not what if any changes will these events bring about. Is it just a case of that we can do nothing about it anyway so why bother or is there something we can do and I don't mean hugging trees.

Is it better to let the sea consume low lying land or should we tey and protec it.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im not really sure wether i believe that its natural or man made maybe their is a degree of both involved we'll definitely find out sooner than we would like to or when we ever thought we would

new topics

join