It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so UFO's are REAL..now what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
:: PART ONE ::

It has occurred to me that yes, UFO's are in fact real, period. The sheer overwhelming MOUNTAINS of evidence, photographs, eyewitness testimony, videos have proved unequivocally... that there are in fact Unidentified Flying Objects. Something is out there.. just WHAT IS that something? What are they?

This thread has a simple goal. To move past the obvious and not discuss the validity of specific cases.. to address the phenomenon as a whole, and kind of take a general consensus, of what UFO's represent or actually are. Examples are:

• Aliens (from another planet)

• Beings (from another dimension)

• Atmospheric anomalies

• Top secret or experimental craft

• Angels or Demons

• Swamp gas

• Balloons, Chinese lanterns ect.

• Hoaxes

I'm taking this approach to compile data. At the end of this thread, I will review and tally everyones opinions and post the "results" ranging from most popular opinion to the least. Simply format your responses like this example :

(What do you think UFO's are?)

Extra-terrestrial visitors

(A brief explanation of why you believe what you've said)

Because I met the "occupants" of this UFO and thats what they told me.

(OR you might say...)

The universe is ENDLESS. So I believe that the most likely conclusion is that UFO's are from another planet.

I would prefer that people just post their beliefs, and not argue with other members about their particular "opinions", as this thread is meant to gather data and bring us ALL closer to an understanding of just WHAT the UFO enigma represents.

We can all discuss the results at the end, after I have posted the results of this experiment. I would like to thank the people who participate in advance as this could be an important step in UFOlogy... to grow or evolve.

UFO's are here, they are FACT, I for one.. would like to know just what they are...

Remeber, keep it simple:

State what you think they are.

Give a brief explanation why.

Thank you ALL!

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Star @ Flag

Yes i agree their is just too much evidence out their too many sightings in a single day everyday for it to be a natural occurence or for everysingle one of them to be hoaxes

personally i believe that they are from another planet in another dimention because i believe that our bodies go through certain spiritual changes like a form of evolution

but their is still a big possibility that the government could be in charge of this aswell (although i doubt it) they could be the ones behind what we are seeing in our skies every night because of places like area 51 (where you will get murdered for going too close) that makes us wonder still like do they have secret aliens beings or alien crafts their we dont know

so their is a wide range of what we could be seeing but i think that the most likely outcome is that we are seeing being from another planet because like scientists say the universe is soo big and soo vast their has got to be sopmething out their space is too big and its happened once before (earth) so its possible for it to atleast happen once more and scientists are starting to believe now anyway that planets have the neccesary building blocks for life to begin from the get go aswell anyway so we are starting to wake up and lose our fear to the fact that we are not alone in this.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
youll find it hard to get a relevant response
most people on here call themselves skeptics but they are here for nothing more than to bash people who believe in ufos
the internet has some nice people but also some not very nice peopel that have nothing better to do than spout hatred upon others

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aliensarereal

Well, I am both a skeptic and a beliver. Many things I consider pure BS, like the Galactic Federation of Light and the chemtrails. But UFOs? There is NO doubt in my mind that they are real, that real sightings and encounters have occured.

My personal theory is that some are aliens, some are secret military technology, and some are timetravellers. Yes, I dare to say it, timetravellers.

So there you have it, my very personal opinion. Interesting thread you have started, thanks!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

OK, so UFO's are REAL..now what?

Nothing!

Atleast nothing new.

They in my opinion have been around for a long long time.
Ok So we have gone from cave drawings, and colorful tapestries to pictures and video recordings and some have even been subjected to radiation sickness from some of our visitors crafts.

For me the evidence is overwhelming and I’m not completely sure the reason we have not had a major disclosure is of our own governments action or inactions but possibly the Visitors decision.

So again I say nothing new.
In my opinion we have been living this way for a while now.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Staying on the topic and simply voicing my opinion will be delivered as such.

If I were to take into consideration the phenomenon happening in our skies, I would have to take the Occam's Razor approach and say, "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best." Alien visitation.

We can astutely take some guesses on why they are visiting us:

- Possibly studying our atmosphere, biology and cosmetic make-up
- Possibly taking precious materials (ore, water, etc) needed to further their own advancements
- Assist in the future development of mankind alike
- Enslavement of humans for either consumption or labor (similiar to slaves in times of Egyptians, Mayans, Nazi labor camps, etc)

It has been mentioned numerous times in history that advanced alien civilizations would have a small percentage chance of being hostile due to their success of moving past nuclear destruction (meaning, since they have achieved their own NWO and moved past the violent destruction of a nuclear annihilation, their intentions of being a hostile species is very small).

My entire problem with this approach is that we have multiple sitings of different crafts/objects in our skies. Let us assume there are over 300 different types of crafts that have been witnessed. Does this mean 300 different types of species visiting us? Even if there were 100 different types, does this mean 100 species (since each race probably has their prefered craft like we do with our Space Shuttle)?

Assuming this statement is true, Clifford Stone of the US Army declared that there were 57 varieties of alien species. Now hear me out: Why would all these different types want to visit us? If life is so freely available throughout the cosmos, I highly doubt we are something so special that all these types of species must visit us. UNLESS THERE IS SOME HIDDEN AGENDA THAT WE CANNOT EXPLAIN.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think they are alien .

simply because there are countless planets and galaxies out there, and we would be an interesting case study for an advanced race to look at their past through us...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It is my personal opinion that we are dealing with multiple variables here;
some are military, some are normal mis-identified phenomana, and some are definite hoaxes; quite a few do not have a decent explanation.

I know that what I saw myself could be something our military has; I have no way to find out; could possibly be something from out of our planet; still no way to know.

are we alone in this vast galaxy and even larger universe? doubtful, imo, for the sheer age is enough to give me pause.

but the quest goes on...

seeker

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
YOU forgot ... UFOs can be beeings ... yes

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
GREAT REPLIES SO FAR!

Remeber, there is no WRONG answer... we are investigating this mystery together as a group!

EVERY opinion is important and relevant, so thank you all for your responses so far. Try to remember also this is a TWO PART THREAD:

State what you think UFOs could be and a brief explanation why!

In part TWO we will discuss that results of the survey. Politely and intelligently debate what seems to be the general consensus.

We are gathering information together (this is for ALL of us..not just me!!) so please don't feel like your going to be attacked for your thoughts or opinions on this thread.

I will personally defend all opinions on this thread... regardless of my own, for the sake of unbiased information gathering. I want people to feel comfortable being honest and stating their thoughts, its the only way to gather viable, accurate data. Trolling will NOT be tolerated.

Again thank you all for taking the time to respond, I feel this could be an important step towards the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Although i would like to think that Alien beings are visiting this planet, I doubt it.
I think that ufo's are just that, UFO's.

Why?
To me there is no real evidence to say otherwise. I still think that there are many things that we are unaware of on this planet.

Just one or two decent photos or video clips could sway me though.
An abduction would be better..

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I subscribe to the "giant experiment" theory (one of many of course) but since our current civilization is in its toddler stages it would make sense that other races would want to guide, maybe even manipulate our development toward their own means. Ostensibly having an entire agenda behind it would be necessary as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i am going to go with visitors from various parts of our galaxy and others. i have always thought that

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
thats not evidence

nice bansky avatar by the way! you even know who that is? betcha dont!

anyway yea lets go to greece and prove the reality of unicrorns and titans while were at it using your logic.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The possibility of alien visitation is far more plausible than many other theories. At least as far as I'm concerned. So many questions, just plug Alien encounters into the equation and it all makes sense.

I look at it as a magic versus science problem. Sometimes they are the same thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

S&F

I would prefer that people just post their beliefs, and not argue with other members about their particular "opinions", as this thread is meant to gather data and bring us ALL closer to an understanding of just WHAT the UFO enigma represents.

let's see how far you get with this - I hope far

State what you think they are

I think more than one thing - if it's possible that a form of life that is different from us exists and is here on this planet - it's just as possible there are many, many more

or, even - were many more

if we're going to go ahead and assume they do exist - then I personally believe they actually live here - maybe always have - once we determine how long always is

there's no sense in trying to figure out how they got here - they got here by means which we can't explain - so, we could argue that forever - or until we can explain it - whichever comes first

the oceans seem like a reasonable place to be able to exist - for the most part undetected

what I think they actually are is difficult to say - they aren't us, so maybe they are to us what we are to the great apes

I doubt a gorilla spends much time thinking about what we are - we just are

I doubt a gorilla thinks much about Paris, or New York - because it hasn't occurred to him that they even exist for him to think about

so, I think they exist, but in a way that hasn't occurred to us

Give a brief explanation why

because of the 2 choices - they exist/they don't - one seems as possible as the other

maybe not as likely - but as possible

then, when you really consider the likelihood of humans being the only occurrence of intelligent life in a presumably infinite universe - it also seems likely they exist

all of that - and then the fact that I saw one (UFO)

I realize it's only considered to be a fact by me

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

[edit on 11/29/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't think they are REAL at all!

Most Modern Sightings are in keeping with current Trends(memes) and technologies. I think a advanced civilisations technology would be indistinguishable from magic and we probably wouldn't see Alien Spaceships at all (just like the Aboriginies couldn't see Cpt. Cooks ships as they could not fathom something that big with men on it on the water). If we could they would be at around the same technology as us and that means they probably would'nt be capable of Faster Than Light Travel which they would need to travel from star-system to star-system. It seems really unlikely to me that Aliens would zip around in the odd 2 man saucers over the past 50-75 years and let themselves be photographed. Surely its more likely that our Planet Would be hit by a wave of colonisation and we would either be threatened with extinction or assimilation by a more benign species. (I am not really interested in so-called ancient sightings as they can easily be explained as Ritualistic Paintings or artistic license)

Its interesting that someone on this thread used Occams Razor to make a point for UFO's being Alien, I would also like to use the Razor to make mine -

The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem", roughly translated as "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"
This is often paraphrased as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

So unexplained lights in the sky are from this planet and are Earthly Phenonomen, any Unearthly Explanation I cannot explain as simply.

So, at the moment no UFO pic I have seen convinces me of unworldly technology, Is it any coincidence that the "cigar" shaped ufo's are hard'y seen now yet were a common sighting when there were lots of Airships and Zeppilins travelling around the world? Then the Triangles and Saucers that The Nazi's built and of course the British and US millitary. As most of the rest of the unexplained sightings get proven as fakes or explained by a more reasonable explanation I am likely to keep this belief till anything radical changes. Its a shame really becuase I would love to believe but theres not enough hard evidence out there for me yet.....

Great Theread sorry to be on the other side!

[edit on 29-11-2008 by oinkment]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hm.. I agree with the opinion that UFO's are many things - natural phenomena, man-made objects, secret military tech (probable also alien/out of this time origin) and for the rest - interdimensional travelers - people and aliens alike, some of which make a stop here for some reason.
I'm not ruling out that last group because they keep showing up in places that have no apparent importance - not near any military installations, but in not very far-away/not secluded or not-so-hidden places - countryside, small towns, villages, forests, etc., therefore I assume that in some cases they (undeniably flying crafts) show up accidentaly, just on the way somewhere through time/space.
As for probable UFO in space - I believe that in our solar system in the same dimension we are not alone.

Good thread, S&F

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
thats not evidence

nice bansky avatar by the way! you even know who that is? betcha dont!

anyway yea lets go to greece and prove the reality of unicrorns and titans while were at it using your logic.

Dear Mr. Troll,

Interestingly enough, since I do know who Bansky is.. I know your talking to me. This thread is for adults discussing the UFO enigma. If you would like to discuss "unicorns".. and other myths, go to www.I-TROLL.com ..and feel free to stay there.

No need for you to reply and further embarrass yourself.

::WARNING:: TROLLS WILL BE DEALT WITH STERNLY AND WITHOUT MERCY ::WARNING::

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As time goes on and we are bombarded with supposedly fake photos and videos that are allegedly debunked in some way, we become discouraged by these limitations of examples.

I think many already accept there are those visiting us but are now anxious to get to the point of full disclosure and personal interviews on talk shows.

Most pics are usually small or just lights of some type and to me it's plain boring. Imagine going to what looks like a sports stadium but is really a ship. That would be a more interesting tour. Tickets anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join