It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in tap water isent enough for Australians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
"The Australian Dental Association says a proposal to add fluoride to bottled water will result in healthier teeth.

Food Standards Australia is seeking comment on a proposal that would allow beverage manufacturers to voluntarily add the chemical to bottled water.

The federal president of the Australian Dental Association, Dr John Matthews, says it is a good proposal, because fewer people are drinking tap water.

"We think a lot of people are getting a lot of their water through the bottled water, and until recently it wasn't allowed to be added to bottled water," he said.

"So it's a very responsible action by the food standards people to consult with us as to the most appropriate level to have it, and to encourage their clients to put it in the water."

australia, health policy, dental"

According to the The Australian Dental Association fluoride in tap water i'sent enough for them because more people are drinking bottled water and now they want to add it to that... god help us.

Full Article:

www.radioaustralia.net.au...

And another:

www.theage.com.au...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jonro]

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Jonro]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

It is my opinion that this is exactly what people DON'T need...More Flouride. I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can because frankly I don't believe its any darn good for any of us.

Perhaps I'm too paranoid, but I am definitely not in favor of it being added to bottled water.

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Its the main reason i dont drink tap water now they on plan taking away our choice.
Im not happy about this...time to get rain water tank.

Thanks OP this is the first time iv heard about this.
S+F

[edit on 29-11-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I filter my water. water that i use for drinking and cooking even the cat has filtered water he loves it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
I filter my water. water that i use for drinking and cooking even the cat has filtered water he loves it.
You do know that the only way to remove flouride is reverse osmosis dont you?

This is a good axample of how they just kill us off and nobody can do anything about it. It is a hazzardous waste product, chemical weapons precursor and is used as a rat poison.

The world is that stupid as to believe what they are told on thier TV's. Try to dump some of it in front of the EPA see what happens, they got so much of it left from making their bombs they dont know what to do with it.

Why do you think they make parents sign releases to give it to thier kids in school, in case they might die.

Read what you should do if you accidentally swallow a little but of toothpaste with it in it, Read the warning on the side. Go to the emergency room immediately.

What the hell is wrong with the world as to not be able to see what they have and are doing to us.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by The Stand]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
your right,

flouride was used in the nazi camps on jews,

it numbs the brain, in small amounts it brings on a lethargy,

it was intended to stop riots in the camps

you do the math

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Adding fluoride to bottled water now too? If it isn't enough that every single thing grown in the world is contaminated with this.. poison and like we don't get this stuff put in our bodies anyway?
Why do we need to add a VERY volitile and poisonous gas to the one thing we're made up of the most? For those who don't know:

Element No 9. The name comes from a mineral Fluorspar (CaF2) which is German for flowing rock. Fluorspar is a mineral that is added to other minerals to lower the melting point. This is useful in some forms of mineral extraction. Fluorine (F2) itself is a pale yellow, pungent and highly poisonous gas. Most Fluorine compounds are poisonous. Organic compounds containing Fluorine are the cause of the well known damage to the Ozone layer. These compounds are used in sprays and refrigerants. Some Fluorine compounds are very resistant to chemicals and heat (like Teflon, used in non-stick cooking pans).

I left out the part that said this nuclear bomb waste product was "essential to life"
I guess that means the cavemen couldn't of existed, as they had no government to make these byproducts.

Not hijacking the thread but has anyone seen an aluminum type water filter anywhere? I've read these remove the fluorine most effiecently.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
Adding fluoride to bottled water now too? If it isn't enough that every single thing grown in the world is contaminated with this.. poison and like we don't get this stuff put in our bodies anyway?
Why do we need to add a VERY volitile and poisonous gas to the one thing we're made up of the most? For those who don't know:

Element No 9. The name comes from a mineral Fluorspar (CaF2) which is German for flowing rock. Fluorspar is a mineral that is added to other minerals to lower the melting point. This is useful in some forms of mineral extraction. Fluorine (F2) itself is a pale yellow, pungent and highly poisonous gas. Most Fluorine compounds are poisonous. Organic compounds containing Fluorine are the cause of the well known damage to the Ozone layer. These compounds are used in sprays and refrigerants. Some Fluorine compounds are very resistant to chemicals and heat (like Teflon, used in non-stick cooking pans).

I left out the part that said this nuclear bomb waste product was "essential to life"
I guess that means the cavemen couldn't of existed, as they had no government to make these byproducts.

Not hijacking the thread but has anyone seen an aluminum type water filter anywhere? I've read these remove the fluorine most effiecently.
Aluminum intensifies the effects!!! That is part of the chemical weapons process, remember suddam and the aluminum tubes?

[edit on 29-11-2008 by Brandon Levon]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
reply to post by Jonro

It is my opinion that this is exactly what people DON'T need...More Flouride. I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can because frankly I don't believe its any darn good for any of us.

Perhaps I'm too paranoid, but I am definitely not in favor of it being added to bottled water.

- Carrot

people buy expensive bottled water BECAUSE it does not contain flouride

there will be no point buying bottled water if it contains the very thing we all try to avoid

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

That won't remove any of the flouride you are clearly worried.

What toothpaste do you use? I assume it doesn't have flouride in?

Flouride, in it's tiniest amounts that they put in water, actually strengthens teeth. The flouride compunds replace the calcium compounds in the enamel, which ups the Ph level required to dissolve it, rendering plaque acid less effective at wearing down your teeth. It also has beneficial strengthening affects in other bone structures.

However, having said all that, I think this goes against the individuals right about medication. Only 10% of the UK is drinking treated water and the number is decreasing as public concerns usually stop it. Water should just be water, if you want flouride in it then you should have to go and get it yourself, not have it forced upon you.

[edit on 29/11/08 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What is going on in Australia?

Is it only me, or is Australia becoming a police state ata much faster rate than any of the other countries?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
What is going on in Australia?

Is it only me, or is Australia becoming a police state ata much faster rate than any of the other countries?

I think so..but in a very subtle way.
And i believe fluoride is a big part of it.
Us Aussies are way too relaxed and easy going.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i struggle to believe this will go ahead,
the manufactuers would be out of their minds to do this...
or perhaps they are depending on this...

evian naive

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Oh ffs what are we meant to do now. Put fluoride in bottled water. Gimme a break. I dont think companies will be doing it though. People like thier bottled water free from impurities, from springs, etc. I know i do. Hell i even gt Nobles Purea ultra pure table water occationally. All it is is h2o. nothing else. no chemicals, no bacteria. totally pure water.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

And there I was thinking people bought bottled water because of the impurites.

Also, impurities in water are usually quite vital to normal human function. Alot of your essential minerals comes from drinking water. Drinking pure water is probably not as great as the company fluff makes out.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
What toothpaste do you use? I assume it doesn't have flouride in?

Tom's of Maine, is pretty good, I really like their flouride-free toothpaste. It tastes a little different at first, because its Baking Soda Based (if your not into the baking soda there are other great brands out there too).

Flouride, in it's tiniest amounts that they put in water, actually strengthens teeth.

It might strengthen teeth, but it also has some serious side-affects, which make it an unsafe alternative in strengthening enamel. I'm not an expert, but isn't there something else out there that could strengthen it? Calicum Carbonate...? Such as adding 500mg more of Calcium to your diet (to the already 1000-15000mg you're supposed to get) - wouldn't that help out a bit?

Water should just be water, if you want flouride in it then you should have to go and get it yourself, not have it forced upon you.

Agreed. 100%. It shouldn't be forced on anyone.

Does anyone know when they started using flouride in dentistry and in the water? I wonder, if in 30 years from now (kind of like the mercury fillings) we're going to find out that flouride really IS dangerous and that we've in fact been poisiniong ourselves....or that it is responsible for some sort of illness in the future... Makes me wonder.

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Most people do not swallow toothepaste?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yah you should have the choice to drink either fluoridated water or not,simply because it is an extra chemical...as for the actual health side of things,the amount in tap water isnt enough to do anything at all,all the conspiracy behind it is complete pseudo science...but its still pretty silly putting it in the first place,theres been a few studies that show it doesnt help tooth decay in large populations much anyway.Brushing teeth regulary is the best way to stop such things,not putting fluoride in your tap water.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In the UK and most of the western world Fluoride is the main ingredient in RAT POISON !
FLUORIDE is slightly more toxic than lead and slightly less toxic than Arsenic !
There have been absolutly no benefits found to using FLUORIDE on your teeth.
It has been proven that Fluoride causes discolouration on teeth !
FLUORIDE is a waste product based on aluminium by-products.
The Natzis used FLUORIDE to keep the Jews docile and sterile in the concentration camps !
NURSERY SCHOOLS/ PRE-SCHOOLS in the UK are painting FLUORIDE on to the teeth of your kids !!!!!!
Most tooth-pastes contain Fluoride, did you know its listed as a medical emergency if you swallow tooth-paste !
Is your kids nursery or pre-school promoting poisoning your kids by painting Fluoride on their teeth, adding it to their drinks or learning them how to brush their teeth with Fluoride based tooth-paste? DO YOU KNOW ? DONT YOU THINK YOU SHOULD FIND OUT ?
You can buy Fluoride -FREE toothpaste !

Please read the information on these links .

www.angelfire.com...

tynanfamily.wordpress.com...

www.apfn.org...

www.lovethetruth.com...

respects

top topics

<<   2 >>

join