It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mission Could Find Life on Europa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

NASA Mission Could Find Life on Europa

www.space.com

There is an ocean beneath the icy crust of Jupiter's moon Europa. Strange creatures could be swimming in these alien waters, but so far no missions have been sent there to investigate this possibility.

Our closest view of Europa was provided by the Galileo spacecraft, which orbited the Jupiter system from 1995 to 2003. Now researchers are developing a new plan to study the moon with even greater detail.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Interesting, wonder if they find even traces of bacteria of some sort. More from source:

Several plans to send a mission to Europa have been foiled in the past. Most recently the Jupiter Icy Moons Orbiter was cancelled in 2005, partly due to the complexity of the mission plan. NASA plans to send the Juno mission to Jupiter in 2011, but that spacecraft will only orbit Jupiter and will not study any of the giant planet's moons. ESA has been developing a Jovian Europa Orbiter, but that mission is still in the early planning stages and does not have a projected launch date yet.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I remember Europa from my aruthur c. clarke days.....thought they would have been there by now. I guess the ptb's must be busy with other things...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
All I can say about this is:
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE."

- A.C. Clark

[edit on 11/28/2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That there is liquid water there is the best possibility that there might be some form of life. But what the article quoted in this tread is saying, is that a mission to Europa has been talked bout but no one has plans to do it any time soon. Unfortunate for those of us who want to answer the question, are we alone?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
All I can say about this is:
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE."

- A.C. Clark

[edit on 11/28/2008 by Phage]

spot on.

i was just going to post that. cheers!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When I first read this I misinterpreted life for intelligent life and Europa for Europe. !!!!

"Nasa Mission could find intelligent life on Europe"

A poke at those brits

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Cool site, serbsta.

If there's life, I hope it's more than bacterial specks; maybe some beings
that have figured out how to do-away with greed, corruption, war, murder, disease, etc. you-know, like OUR life here on earth!

new topics

top topics

join