It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to see ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted. I looked around the search and didn't see anything. Does anyone here have a method or know a way to see ghosts? This is a dormant ability in my family. I can see auras but not ghosts. Can someone help me? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it is more of a natural "gift" (for lack of a better term). Some have it, some don't. Some are more "sensitive" to the spirit realm, and others aren't.

I'm not sure that you can adjust your sensitivity... I think it just happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There really is no definitive way to see a Ghost.
I think if you see a Ghost, you will barely be able to describe it properly so anyone else can understand.
And you will almost certainly have no proof and no one would believe you anyway.
Oh and you will probably be fairly freaked out and scared out of your mind and it would probably change your whole outlook on things.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just curious, *why* would one *want* to see ghosts? I have seen things (would rather not elaborate, but I will say that being the skeptic that I am, I have come to no conclusion as to what I have seen and/or experienced and ultimately, it has no effect on what I should be focusing on... my life), and while some things had the feeling of being benign, some did not. Still, anytime that I have experienced anything of such nature, I knew that these things were not necessarily meant for us to see. It has caused much confusion that I still struggle with to this day concerning faith, what the purpose of all this is, and sometimes has left me feeling utter despair. I do not recommend anyone seek these things out. Again, do not seek after things that do not seek after you. Focus on the experiences that life sets before *you*.

I know it is the "popular" thing to do these days and that honestly baffles my mind. It is true... be careful what you ask for.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ghosts are in your mind. Engage with them, attack them if they are frightening you, but ultimately make peace with them.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Of course I'd want to be able to shut off the ability. I've heard things like meditating on the third eye will allow you to see them. I don't know if that's nonsense or not. I feel like it would open a new world to me.

More than anything though it would make me believe in life after death.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitaryMan

There is no shutting such a thing off and on at will. Either you see these things or you don't. Yes, there are certainly doors to opening ones eyes that come in the way of the "craft" and/or certain drugs... although I am not one prone to either of the two former mentioned things.... and certainly, once you open that door, there is a good chance that you may not be able to turn it off.

As far as making one believe in life after death, it has done more damage to my faith and an after life than what you are proposing it would do for you. To me, it has led me on a path to having to explain everything... either you have faith in something after or you don't. Unfortunately, had I not gone through certain things of such nature, I would not have gone on a quest to explain everything... which most things actually can be explained.

You obviously think they exist w/out having to see them, so wouldn't it just serve you well to have faith in what you believe w/out having to prove it. I promise, once you set out to prove something, it becomes a never ending quest. Peace comes to those who just have faith. Unrest to those who do not. Not a path I would encourage anyone to go down.

The brain does miraculous things. From what I understand, so does faith. I would rather be a person who possesses the latter, but alas...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

If you think of light, electromegnetic photons, as pingpong balls, and your eyes as buckets that capture the pingpong balls, then you can understand the basics behind the physical eye. If I were standing in front of you, a phyisical human, but I was shinning a very powerful light at you you'd not be able to see me so well. However by cutting down the light a clearer image of me would be seen.

There are things just beyond our capture, but by reduction of light, pingpong balls, things can be seen.

If I had a magic suit that captured all the visual light ray photons, I'd be invisable.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Yea, I guess it was foolish to think such a thing could be turned off. Just like I can't turn my auric sight off or the way I hear the inner workings of electronics..

[edit on 29-11-2008 by MilitaryMan]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me is that I am able to see auras but have not seen a ghost in my entire life. I was under the impression that the human aura is the same energy that resides after one has left the physical vessel.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I doubt you can even see aura's... I doubt anyone can.. sometimes we wish we were so much more than what we are that we forget who we were meant to be....

So.. where's your data, how do we know you can see an aura? anyone can say anything here...

DENY IGNORANCE

Where's your proof?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

That is fine, because you are incapable does not mean it is not true. Try cupping your hands in the dark and you should see light around it. We do not know what electricity is yet we make use of it.

As you said on another thread:

Mysterious Dream of the Future

Hi all and Happy Fourth of July Weekend!

I couldn't sleep last night because fireworks were going off until about 3 a.m. When I did fall alseep it was for 45 minutes, but during that time I felt as though I were asleep and awake at the same time .. like sleep paralysis. But anyways, I was in an airport waiting on a flight. As I was waiting, I looked in at the various shops. In one of the shops, they were selling books the were very thick as though they had over a thousand pages. As I opened the book, I read a page and the page after 10 seconds or so, changed all the words. There were spots to select alternative endings etc. within the book. Looking on the spine of the book were three buton batteries (like in hearing aids) that were +10 volts, -10 volts and +5 Volts.

In addition, there was a Green Bay Packer sweatshirt (very odd indeed cause I am a colts fan ) that had the seasons box scores on the front, but the design would change every minute or so into their emblem, almost like one of those LED billboards, but it wasn't an LED. The next thing was a weird looking sweater. I asked the sales person what it does and she laughed saying that it does what all clothes and shoes do. I asked ehat that was and she said it was made of nano tube fiber that could control the temperature of the wearer (something about capillary action). I did not see any fluid reservoirs only, you got it, a button battery at the label near the neck. I asked how it could work off a little battery and again, she smiled and said all of this was due to room temeperature superconductors.

Really strange indeed.

I won't go into the next part about the transportation, but that was fascinating as well.

I suppose this did not happen, since there is no proof. Please PLEASE learn to deny ignorance.

I'm sorry but one thing that really bothers me is people who don't practice what they preach. We have names for such people.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That's wrong.

There's a corona - energy.. But you cannot see it .. you just want to think you are special because of something that happened to you. I been down this path .. you have no special abilities .. it's all in your head.

But good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

......riiight. You have already been proven to be a fraud. You think YOU are special in thinking because you havent experienced something it must not be true. DO you see the hypocrite you are?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thanks .. and I expected that.. what dream do you speak of sir?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The one you so adequately explained in the other topic. I posted it before your prior response.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I understand what you are trying to do and the information you have given me is wise, but I think it could be much better applied in such things as the super hero/powers section. If you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I apologize if I offended you.. I should have U2U you instead of the forum.

Please accept my appologies.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I am not offended and I apologize to you as well. It's just that I am not someone who has watched too much anime, or thinks they can create a fire with their mind or anything, as some of our other members. I understand your objectivity as I am objective myself and being the accepting person I attempt to be it would be better for me to have said something along the lines of "I believe I can see auras, but this may not be case." It is possible it is an eye defect that runs in my immediate family and friends. I do not know but I would even be willing to say this as I try to be entirely sure of something.

Best wishes!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We do not know what electricity is yet we make use of it.

Pretty amazing to think that even when the cavemen were walking about electricity was available,wonder what else is available right now just waiting to be tapped into

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join