It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan workers told to go home and procreate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Japan workers told to go home and procreate

www.guardian.co.uk

Japan's workers are being urged to switch off their laptops, go home early and use what little energy they have left on procreation, in the country's latest attempt to avert demographic disaster.

The drive to persuade employers that their staff would be better off at home with their wives than staying late at the office comes amid warnings from health experts that many couples are simply too tired to have sex.

A recent survey of married couples under 50 found that more than a third had not
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.findingdulcinea.c om

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The story quoted goes on to say that the birth rate of Japan is less then the 2.07 needed to maintain population. So this is being done as a way to stop that trend. On the light side, if my boss told me to go home early and have sex, I might say that is just fine, you just need to send me home with a lady also. Immigration rates, and the rate of people leveing the country would come into play also. Maby can find those figures to.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm all for countries who don't like laying eggs very much. Please, nature needs to breath a little. Kudos to Japan, Germany and Russia.

Besides, would you rather have NWO-style depopulation?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is some more information I found on the population situation in Japan.
Population shrank last year at .139%
The death rate is out pacing the birth rate.
There was no information available on migration.

The source article was stating that people were just to tired, maby a better question to ask would be do you want to reproduce? Maby there are other factors or reasons to why or why not.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well my question is why doesn't the US encourage its workers to go home and get it on?

I mean, no one can do it better than Americans, can they?

If sex ever became an Olympic event, we'd be good for a couple medals in each event.

So, maybe Obama when he gets in office will likewise give the US that directive. Won't help production, but might make our misery more tolerable.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I love this.

Imagine the scene.... We've got to honey! The government says we have too.

Come on, let's be patriotic.

I know that you've got a headache but sometimes you just have to take one for the team.......

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's a procreation conspiracy! Next government will, covertly, send paramilitary into condom factorys with pins...

Seem's everything is slightly more benign in Japan, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The best part? If your significant other is still at work, then in order to do your patriotic duty, you just may have to speak to the hottie that lives down the street.

After all duty is something one cannot ignore. Not and remain a good citizen.

And if your significant other wishes to argue, you point out that duty comes first and this one time in the interest of national security, she needs to comply and just take it on the chin.

This is actually kinda funny to think about!

Imagine what Letterman could do with this on his Top Ten List for Government Mandated Sex.

Let's see. Since it would be government sponsored, we'd have to comply with Federal safety regulations:

Headboards must be outfitted with airbags!

EPA regs would require hardhat and safety harness in case you get thrown!

The FDA would require all edible underwear meet current nutritional needs.

The DOE would limit calories expended - to minimize wasted energy.

The BATF would have to regulate premature "explosions."

The DEA would have to redefine "crack houses."

The Customs and Border Agency would have to regulate and define any bodily areas that may be off limits.

Department of Labor would have to ensure no noncompensated overtime.

I mean, this could just go on, and on, and on.

Like involving the Federal Transit Authority to regulate transexual operations.

But what the heck.

I'm still all for it!

For my country!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
There was no information available on migration.

Immigration is minimal - there's a lot of people who come to work, mind - but the numbers of people who follow that to Permanent Residency or Japanese Citizenship are quite low.

That's changing - slowly - but it is changing. No word on dropping the law against dual-citizenship though - which would likely result in a flood of applications.

As far as the OP story - i've not come across this one in the Japanese news, but it might explain why my boss keeps trying to fix me up with his sister-in-law...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Vox
Thanks a lot for posting. It is good to know what some one in Japan thinks about this.
Would you happen to know why or have an insight as to why the population has been decreasing?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by vox2442

Vox
Thanks a lot for posting. It is good to know what some one in Japan thinks about this.
Would you happen to know why or have an insight as to why the population has been decreasing?

IT's the same reason as Canada and Europe, really - post war baby boom, followed by a period of affluence. Those people had fewer kids - and their kids look to be following in their footsteps.

The lynchpin for Japan is immigration. Other countries have been able to attract and keep people to keep the population numbers up somewhat. Japan is more difficult, largely because of the language barrier. Most people don't study Japanese while growing up, so it's not the first choice on their list for somewhere to immigrate to.

That's it, in a nutshell.

One sticking point I have with these articles after working for a few years in a typical Japanese office: people are nowhere near as overworked as the western media would like you to believe. I was fully prepared to work the same kind of hours I did in Canada when I arrived: 45+ in the office, plus work from the home office, unpaid for the most part... The longest week I've ever put in in Canada was 80 hours, and I did 2 of them back to back. The longest I've done here has been 48 -once- and I was given a paid holiday AND a thank-you gift of a dozen beer for my troubles, as was everyone else in the office. I worked longer hours BY FAR in Canada - as did everyone I knew.

These articles always seem to be saying to me: "If you think your life is bad, just be thankful you don't live in Jaoan! Now back to work, drone"

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What I wanna know is whether or not they are still on the clock!

Clearly volunteering for overtime would skyrocket too

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
LOL
that is awesome!!

yet another reason why i love japan.
or does this come under "culture" heading?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
reply to post by vox2442

The lynchpin for Japan is immigration. Other countries have been able to attract and keep people to keep the population numbers up somewhat. Japan is more difficult, largely because of the language barrier. Most people don't study Japanese while growing up, so it's not the first choice on their list for somewhere to immigrate to.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Also because of this:

''Japanese politicians have repeatedly said that Japan is a homogenous culture, virtually ignoring our existence. Now the law has changed the situation.''

www.atimes.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
awwwww..... it's a good concept, but there are too many Americans who if told to procreate would expect the State to pay for their resulting children for this to actually work in America.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah, my boss tells me to f off all the time.

sexond line

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have to say it. The only person my bosses have told me to go home and # is myself. I suppose that is the price you pay for always working with other type A guys. Isn't the US in the same boat at the moment? As I understand it, our birthrate per female is at 2, barely enough to sustain the population.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
awwwww..... it's a good concept, but there are too many Americans who if told to procreate would expect the State to pay for their resulting children for this to actually work in America.

Don't they do that anyway?

As for myself, I told my parents not to expect children from me. I have no desire to raise a child in this kind of world. I actually used to want children, before I grew up and realized what is really happening to us. I also would never have a child if I could not afford it or diddnt have the time to be a good father. Maybe a lot of Japan just simply works too much and knows they dont have the time for a baby.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So much for depopulation

For all we know, its already taken place!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This will actually work. I am sure those who have lived for many years like me in japan will agree that people will follow this trend. One factor is that women don't have a say in this anyway. The other is the kamikaze factor. Shoot when you're told to shoot...
If it's for the greater good of the community, they even will hold comunal meetings for more sexual activity, bribed with a lot of free high procentual sake to get the action going. In smaller towns where everybody is in one way or the other related, doesn't matter to even encourage the inbred to inbreed even more with each other. As long they'd be able to work and don't talk back. That's one of the reasons it will succeed in the first place. Japan as the highest nation recording inbreeding. If you don't beleive me, google it, shocking, and I've seen them, me living amongst them. Well, most of them they keep hidden. Anyway, I don't want to expose my dislike for a gone nuts country any further. So do as you're told, you're country needs you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join