It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ky. law requires Homeland Security to credit God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The "holy pushers' is a new one.
dude, I'm guessing you have a decent head on your shoulders.
But I have to call you out here.
You shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Having an issue with fundamentalist is one thing but throwing in some other Christians is another. But if you would have articulated your reasons for "not agreeing" with both than that would be cool. But you are lumping them all in to one group and that group is not reflective of Christianity.
A true Christian is one that you are going to admire for his conduct and life not what he tells you.
A true intellectual is not going to find what is bad about a group in order to justify his or her own values and beliefs.
True Christianity has no logical opponent or is open to any rational critizism. Sadly, good luck in finding any true Christians. But don't trash it because you don't know any.
Is there something that Jesus guy said that you disagree with? Do you understand Christianity enough to know you don't like it? Of course you don't because you think God is a Christian God.
I don't take offense when people ram their political views down my throat...I fight back with logic. You fight back with stereotypical fundamentalist crazy crap....like all the homo's are going to burn in hell fire. What the hell does that have to do with Christianity? yet you would use that against them wouldn't you?
Of course your freewill choice to not believe in God is all yours bro, but you at least understand that if everyone believed like you, we would be living in anarchy and making Darwin proud as hell.
....from a logical stand point and in order for you to have credibility in the future debates I'm sure you will have....understand that which you attack, you have the fundamentalist position down so have at them...but leave the rest of us out of it until you understand what it is we believe and more importantly don't believe.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Of course your freewill choice to not believe in God is all yours bro, but you at least understand that if everyone believed like you, we would be living in anarchy and making Darwin proud as hell.

Hum, I kind of want to understand what you mean by that, because it sounds like without religion we are to be living in "anarchy"? and making Darwin Proud? explain please.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Lincoln once said, "The question is not is God on our side, but are we on God's side?" A thought for the Kentucky legislature.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Another example of religious zealots hijacking people's thoughts by forcing them to recognise a god.

The fact that religion exists is a blight upon the Earth. Forcing others to acknowledge it, in law is way over the top.

I'll stop now before I type what I really think and get banned.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Somebody needs to switch to Sanka, it seems.
I just starred because I thought it was kinda funny. You know that thing called a joke?
That's what I took it as.

Sorry, now back on topic.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just a little update on this silliness...

FRANKFORT, Kentucky -- A group of atheists filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking to remove part of a state anti-terrorism law that requires Kentucky's Office of Homeland Security to acknowledge it can't keep the state safe without God's help.

American Atheists Inc. sued in state court over a 2002 law that stresses God's role in Kentucky's homeland security alongside the military, police agencies and health departments.

continued

"It is one of the most egregiously and breathtakingly unconstitutional actions by a state legislature that I've ever seen," said Edwin F. Kagin, national legal director of Parsippany, New Jersey-based American Atheists Inc. The group claims the law violates both the state and U.S. constitutions.

source

[edit on 12/3/2008 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join