It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Mystery of Canneto di Caronia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
hi internos

i am hesitant to post a unproven Quantum physics theory, but i felt that since there is no explanation so far as to what is occurring here, i thought this information should be considered, but explored cautiously.

Professor of Physics , Dr. Horace Crater has put forth a theory about transient magnetic anomalies and how these anomalous properties could be Alien related.

Magnetic and geologic surveys of many areas throughout the world have revealed magnetic anomalies that could not be produced by any natural or known phenomena. These transient magnetic anomalies have been recorded, indicating synchronous aerial magnetic anomalies have a multidimensional para physical place of origin, in terms of a different level of reality, where stability and solidity are being fuelled by a ceaseless process of subatomic particles, constantly dissolving into an implicit order, and then re-crystallizing within our space. Extraterrestrial biological entities may be using technologies and aspects of the physical universe that are beyond our current understanding to conceal their behavior, culture, appearance, and occasionally revealing their presence in our measurable space-time by making frequency shifts that leave traces of field flux, in certain energy spectra, allowing us to witness their presence.

Organizations (Project Phoenix and the BETA 2 Group) on earth have confirmed signals, using narrow band spectral analyzers, privately stating that the signals received, exhibited enough source information to determine and confirm an intelligent agent created them. The signals show language like structures, proofing "alien" intelligence to human life. The government has decided to suppress this information from the general public due to the widespread consequences, affecting all groups of society. Governments are scared of what this extraterrestrial contact information would mean to the different cultures on earth. They fear a breakdown in social order, a 'complete' breakdown in conventional religion. They even fear loss of control over the masses.

www.alienmania.org...
www.utsi.edu...
www.ufostoday.com...

also i found many references to Magnetic anomaly research going on in Italy

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

a couple different theory on this,

Aliens could be operating or cloaked in a different frequency and sometimes the Earth magnetic fluctuations cause them to be exposed.

Aliens could be using Earth magnetic properties to act as a beacon to travel here and when they do this it causes these anomalies to occur.

just some ideas i had

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I've actually had thoughts similar to this in the past. Like if someone were to "dial in" Earth's frequency and the craft just pulls itself that direction...
And then once here they could still fine tune the dial and move about the planet as if riding a wave, but without as much energy discharge. Possibly this is why they are always seeming to be out of focus, you are looking at something enveloped in a high energy field... Like looking at a mirage.

Hmm... Like a discharge upon "popping" in. That would mean, to me at least, that there are only certain points on the globe that ALL of them come to. Probably picked near remote locations, like this one, because they wouldn't want New York City being destroyed every time they visit Earth. Like a sonic boom... Only a boom of the electromagnetic "flexing" of distorting space-time when traveling faster than light.

Just thoughts, pay no attention.

Internos: I couldn't find anything intriguing about the plants. Of course I'm not a horticulturist, but I found that part of the story very peculiar. Same with the slug, or whatever that was. Very odd.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 30-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What are the lat long coordinates of this location? I am just curious if there are any corelations with Haarp, as the things described here sound very Tesla like. I also wonder if there are any atom smashers in that region. We have two in the eastern US. One in VA beach, and one in Illinois near chicago. (that I know of) What is the ocean depth in the area?

I am just trying to throw out stupid ideas incase they weren't thought of yet.

Internos, how many more of these do you have filed away?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sorry for not checking in yesterday something came up. But I managed to do some searching around the area and I did find some interesting things. It was quiet for most of the day but yesterday evening I went out and walked towards one of the hills outside of town to see if I could see anything. I started feeling strange but I didn't see anything. It kind of made the hair on my arms stand up. That is the best I can explain it. Like when you run your fingers just above your skin without touching it. (still not following me?) I was hoping for something really groundbreaking but nothing seems out of place except for the two men dressed in suits that have been following me
(not really but that would make it interesting)

I am starting to think that the plants bursting and eletrical disturbances might be from some kind of electronic device or something like that. The UFO's I can't really explain but the only thing that I have seen was that object up in the sky. I managed to borrow a compass off of someone and it worked perfectly after I tried it in different locations. Sorry that I can't be of more help...my investigative skills are lacking. I have to be in Messina tomorrow so I am leaving early in the morning. I should be back in Palermo next week so I might return to here in a couple more weeks. Maybe we could get an ATS task force going to do some more investigation. We could get some of you scientific experts and ufologists to look around the town. Don't worry they seem nice enough

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Internos: I couldn't find anything intriguing about the plants. Of course I'm not a horticulturist, but I found that part of the story very peculiar. Same with the slug, or whatever that was. Very odd.

Jay-in-AR, thank you for your help:
the plants incident was even linked to an alleged UFO landing, but i didn't mention it because while we are sure that the incident to the plants actually happened, this link is just some unconfirmed speculation, it can be anything, including misinterpretation and deliberate lie: it would be great to find some informations about some similar incident, at least in order to compare the two and look for some similarities:
what we do know for sure is that:

• The only species that burst into flames was "Ampelodesmos mauritanicus"
  • The other species were found unharmed
  • The plants in question burst completely and in their entirety, roots included
  • The selectivity of the phenomenon is not due to some "directional" event (unless we'd consider some very narrowed beam from the sky, but this was ruled out at least in one documented case, where the electromagnetic "bullet" travelled parallel to the surface of the sea at an altitude between zero and 15 meters): the plants in questions were located randomly, together with many other plants of several different species. Here, i've made a simplified sheme, just for illustration purpose (but it can be seen even in the photo above) : the green spheres and dots are the one which have been found unharmed, the brown ones would represent the Ampelodesmos: it's just an example, but consistent with the reality.

Originally posted by network dude
    What are the lat long coordinates of this location?

Here you go:
    /5nggvx

What is the ocean depth in the area?

It's Tyrrhenian sea:
    i've made this map for you, with the depht already converted to feet:

please, let me know if it's not detailed enough: i've chosen the area in question, but you may need some more details.

I am just trying to throw out stupid ideas incase they weren't thought of yet.

I don't see any stupid ideas from you, on the contrary
    After reading some thousands of theories, i'd say that we should be open to every possible explanation, and you are just exploring some new possibilities. Not only there's nothing wrong with it, but it's also way better than to try to explore what has been already covered in some complete way, as also Ziggystar, Jay-in-AR, Easynow, nastalgik et al are doing with their great research:
    actually, this is what we should do, in my humble opinion

Internos, how many more of these do you have filed away?

Many ones so far, but i don't want to share stuff that may turn out to be unrelated: i'm limiting the sharing to what has been published from official sources, national newspapers and (only) reliable local newspapers: i think that at leas a small part of the confusion was generated by too many sources: every time that a document will be confirmed to be at least consistent with the truth, i will share it. I apologize for not sharing all, but i do prefer to act this way: it would be very sad to share some photo that may turn out to be a hoax or coming from another place: what we have seen so far, is authentic, maybe not too much exciting, but authentic.
    Please, let me know if you need some more information, and thank you for your contribution

reply to post by nastalgik

nastalgik, in this video

here a guy talks about some physical feelings he had before each sighting.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by internos]

• posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
    link   
    very interesting story, thank a lot for all your work internos!

most of the reports could possibly be explained by a man-made, or even natural. electro-magnetic emission. however things like the aubergines being multi-coloured and only one species of plant being destroyed, seem to be more obscure and point to more than just electromagnetic forces at work (not that I'm any kind of expert!).

the one thing that really questions the origins of these incidents is the children's report of meeting greys. therefore one theory I propose is that there is some kind of ET base underwater, which would tie in with the "spheres of light" entering and leaving the sea surface.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:59 AM
    link   

Originally posted by booda

wow - looks like I'll be using the Windows + M key or alt + tab again all day at work....the subject sounds fascinating and not something Ive ever heard of....look forward to it.....

Ha! Good one
    I've never heard anyone else refer to the old Alt + Tab combination at work before..... Love it

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:44 AM
    link   
    reply to post by internos

Internos my friend, thankyou for bringing us up to date on Canneto di Caronia. I haven't seen anything on it for ages. As always, you have provided a first class presentation of the case. I will be saving this to my hard drive or sure!

Thanks again!
    S&F4U

IRM

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:40 PM
    link   
    Just a bump to see if any anomalies are still occurring in this area, this has to be some of the best recent recorded activity yet.So many unusual things happening in a small localised area! excellent thread internos S & F for you.

Are there any scientists still doing research there that any one knows of or any fresh news about this exciting case?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by internos

Ha,this must have been your 1st thread or so!Good thread though,just thought I would check out the 'fleets' you have on the video.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:54 AM
    link   
    Important update
    Italian newspaper Il Corriere della sera
    reported tonight that monitoring will start again, and that mysterious phenomena are still taking place.

Monitoring to start again soon, with improved and enlarged sensing network.
    By Flavio Vanetti
    October 11th, @ 9:51 pm

The strange episodes of Canneto di Caronia - spontaneous fires in houses, vegetation, abnormal flow of electromagnetic energy, sightings of Ovni - do not end up in oblivion. Within a reasonable lapse of time (it's being guessed before the end of 2009) will be restored the monitoring activities that a couple of years ago had been suspended, creating a typical Italian situation: in one hand there was the decree of the Prime Minister that established the multidisciplinary team on these phenomena, but in the other hand other institutions themselves (Sicily region first) have done nothing to solve a trivial problem: it seems that the owner of the building hosting the equipment had to sell the building. Well, this long and incoherent impasse seems likely to finish. Dr. Venerando, coordinator of the group of Caronia in these days has something else to think about (also works for the Civil Defense and that means deal with the tragedy of the landslides in Messina), and usually, by its mindset, it never yields to optimism.
    But he too has learned what we did from other sources: sensors and other equipment now completely inactive will be set up in public facilities, such as the police station (just to make the point).
    It will be an opportunity to revitalize the operation monitoring a broad spectrum: many times we have been suspicious, if not certainty, that Caronia is only the tip of the iceberg of the very strange area of the Lower Tyrrhenian (just keep in mind the strange fires that occurred on some ferry boats from Palermo and Sardinia). So it is very likely that the sensors will be also installed in the Aeolian Islands and other areas in order to create a true network of data-gathering. And 'what you are no longer able to do, with a "hole" informative but perhaps a serious surmountable if you resume working with breath, beyond the judiciary investigations resulted in a stalemate (with convenience store? The suspects are strong and justified).
    The thuth, however, is that the entire population of Caronia and Canneto refuse to give up.

Sensors continue to prove the existence of something unusual: come into play more often. The problem is the lack of some headquarter actually able to elaborate the data. There is, but it is turned off in a warehouse . Many other strange phenomena have occurred, in addition to the sightings of Unidentified Objects in the sky, almost always correlated with other episodes.

the representatives of those who are fighting for the protection of citizens stated

there have been other unexplained fires of brushwood, explosion of lamps. And to a boy have melt the shoes he was wearing ... Not to mention that those who try to photograph the Ovni have often found in a few minutes, no one knows why, burns to the hands (there are documents that certify the burns, from the emergency department). The truth is what we want: whatever it is.

Source: Il Corriere della Sera

It's almost sure that among the other devices, also cameras will be installed all over: it would be GREAT if they's install some webcams ponting towards many different directions: i would bet that MUCH strange stuff would be caught on camera: so, the phenomena are still taking place, and the lack of informations coming from the area was due to the interruption of the monitoring. Let's wait and see what comes out from there

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
    link   
    Important UPDATE.

Year 2010, but the big wave of anomalies and sights of strange aircrafts in the skies does not seem to diminish in the sicilian town that from approximately 10 years is witness of strange phenomena, not only in skies and sea, but, above all, in the residences and sometimes also in the roads of the inhabitants of little town of Canneto di Caronia. Trere are still now unusual electromagnetic anomalies which demagnetizations of pen drive, and alarms of the automobiles activated and deactivated without the participation of electrical impulses,electric devices that takes fire spontaneously in spite of their detached from outlet that has carried also to more serious fires and the consequent evacuation of the area, until more amazing events like the combustion of a shoe, the liquefaction of a motor of a boat and other amazing events.

With a decree of the Presidency of the Council in 2005, the so-called “Interistitutional Group” has formed a task force in its headquarters in Palermo, Sicily creating an enormous data bank that has already interested also the Secret Services, because a first “Classified Report” delivered to Civil Protection Office and Palazzo Chigi advances also the hypothesis of “secret military tests or... Alien experiments”.

However do not know all the contents of a data bank with photos hidden by “Classified” Top Secret restriction, but only the number and the issues. As it is happened for great part of beyond three hundred events. All listed on electronic pages in colors.
    Pages in purple for strange disease and death of animals, 50+.
    In blue, the sights of “Ovni” (UFOs), 100. In yellow, fires, 40+.
    In green, phenomena of electromagnetic origin electronic and, 100+.
    The new technical report, however, does not list “numerous testimonies of diurnal and night sights of Ovni (UFOs), of sudden flares and wakes, of strong lights in the sea comprised between the Aeolian Islands, in particular the Alicudi Islands, Filicudi and the coast of Caronia, that they begin in 2004 and they are enough often repeated, until now….

But the answer to many of this mistery is very probable that is hidden under the level of the “placid” Tyrrhenian Sea and nobody can know when it “will come afloat”.

I wonder: Is the Caronia Area, the Italian Hessdalen?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:04 AM
    link   
    I know this is an old thread, but fascinating- I had not heard of it at all.

Unfortunatley, all the video links seem to be dead and the YouTube account closed.

I would be very interested to know of any updates on this story, and if any phenomenon continue to this day?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
    link   
    I have long been interested in this case what nobody has mentioned is that the US Navy 6th fleet is based in the area could the incidents be caused by some secret electromagnetic weapons test?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
    link   

Thunda
    I know this is an old thread, but fascinating- I had not heard of it at all.

Unfortunatley, all the video links seem to be dead and the YouTube account closed.

I would be very interested to know of any updates on this story, and if any phenomenon continue to this day?

Yes. Not like 8 years ago but the strange phenomena continues.

edit on 9-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Arken

Yes. Not like 8 years ago but the strange phenomena continues.

Seems it's still going on mate - as recent as late summer this year (2014).

Mysterious Spontaneous Combustions Return to Sicilian City

In 2007, an Italian newspaper published a leaked government report which blamed the fires on “aliens” because they were “caused by high power electromagnetic emissions which were not man-made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts.”

And now the spontaneous combustions are back again and increasing in frequency. Starting in late summer 2014, residents reported unexplained fires in furniture, stacks of folded clothes and a car. As a result, the poor citizens of Canneto di Caronia have been evacuated again while firefighters put out blazes and look again for causes.

This time, suggestions include UFOs, a Tesla-type Magnifying Transmitter, ghosts or evil spirits or even a troubled young person who is pyrokinetic. Sicily’s council member for health and safety Vittorio Alfieri thinks the cause is “an entity” that transfers “from one house to another.”

Or something else?

Link

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Thunda

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
    link   
    a reply to: karl 12

Never heard of this, Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
    link   
    a reply to: KTemplar

LOOKS LIKE THIS THREAD WILL BECOME ACTIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT!! WOOT!!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:16 AM
    link   
    Since you bumped this thread,care to add pertinent information on what happened if anything?

Was there a new sighting?Did they establish what happened?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join