It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q & A - - - Do You Have an Answer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Today the thought occurred to me that since I have been on ATS I have been bombarded with mass information… mostly questions. I find myself having to strain through most the information, and what I usually have left over are still more questions.

So here I go with several…

What has ATS done for you?

What have you learned?

Do you feel that you are more informed now, or just more confused?

And finally, are you seeking the Truth or do you believe you have found it?

Personally, I find this site more entertaining than anything else. I do enjoy sharing my own personal experiences and what I do know, but I don’t subscribe to most the ideas out there. I am probably in the middle of a skeptic and believer when it comes to the UFO stories and conspiracy theories. I want to believe, but I have yet to be convinced. I do NOT believe we are alone in this immense universe, and I do believe we are being visited by other beings from distant worlds, but who knows the whole story?

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo

ATS has made me more aware of issues I would have otherwise, been unfamiliar with. It has piqued my interest in certain topics, and has provided me with endless hours of discussions with fellow members with similar interests as me. ATS has changed the way that I view the things around me, and has forced me to ask myself questions, I might have never asked.

What have you learned?

That everyone has a right to their own opinion, and even if I don't agree with it - they are still entitled to it.

Just beacuse someone doesn't understand something, doesn't make it wrong - it just means they don't understand.

You don't know - what you don't know - until you know, what you didn't know. Some people are experts at "knowing" some people are experts at "asking" and some people are experts at "thinking they know." Everyone is different.

I am more informed. Most Definitely. I know more about Survival now, then I did 6 months ago, and I know more about the worlds Economy then I could have learned in my Econocmics Class (which hasn't taught me anything relevant to my degree). I also know, that just being a part of this website, has introduced me to some fabulous people that I am lucky to have met.

The Truth, IS out there. I don't believe I have found it - and I don't know that I ever will find the truthful answers to the questions that I ask... What I do know is that I have seen some different perspectives and have learned to look at things from all possible angles, not just the one I am bias towards. I might never know the Truth, but I'll have a blast in the meantime discussing what it could possibly be, with fellow members of this awesome site.

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

As an X-Files fan, I know the answer to this question... Trust No One. However, I have ONE exception: My Father.

- Carrot

[edit on 11/26/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Made me some friends...and some enemies I suppose. I think I was concerned with this when I first joined, now I'm more worried about what I can do for ATS though.

What have you learned?

That not all internet communities are the same, or even close. ATS is far superior to anything else out there.

I've also learned quite a bit about many different countries, cultures, religions and political ideologies.

Both. I've learned a lot in my time here, but there are still many things I don't get.

Such as the obsession with reptilians.

I've found it.

Not to be too corny here, but the truth is inside each of us, we just have to know where to look.

Excellent thread! Starred and Flagged!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It has exposed me to many theories, opinions, and concepts that I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise. It has exercised my mind considerably. I find that I can think more clearly and logically since I started and then joined this site than before.

What have you learned?

That Truth (with a capital T) means many (and sometimes conflicting) things to many people. Everyone has their own version of what they call "The Truth". Interactions between these many types of Truth can yield more information than any one source.

I am more aware of many things that I was oblivious to in the past.

Constantly seeking, learning and trying to categorize elements that make up the Truth. I do not believe that I will ever find it. There are always other viewpoints to consider and more information to find.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

That Truth (with a capital T) means many (and sometimes conflicting) things to many people. Everyone has their own version of what they call "The Truth". Interactions between these many types of Truth can yield more information than any one source.

I capitalized “truth” on accident… I totally understand the conflict by doing that, but the more I think about it, the more I believe that there is just ONE truth. If a murder was under investigation, we would say that there is just ONE truth to the story. Putting the story together is the problem.
There must be ONE truth to all the stories we read about on ATS. The first truth being, “Fact or fiction?”

I would like to know, however, is there a story here on ATS that you (or ANYONE) believe is FACT?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wjem I have more time I will be back to give a more detailed response, but for now, my short answer it that ATS has given me alot of answers. The problem is, however, that those answers have raised many more questions...

top topics

join