It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens get takeaway food at fatal crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
From the article it seems that help was provided to the elderly couple before the kids got out of the car. If residents were already helping the elderly couple, what do you expect the kids to do?

How much help could the people receive?

Would you rather have some (perhaps intoxicated) teenagers tending to you, or some other responsible citizen who actually wanted, and knew how?

This thread looks like another case of self-loathing for being human.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Horrible, that an 82-year-old man died in this accident, and his wife severely injured. I feel for his family very much.

Face it-kids do crazy things, I sure did...and speeding around in an automobile is one of them. Especially a car load of 'em, the peer pressure to show-off, pushing the limits behind the wheel... here is the outcome sometimes.

The reality of the consequences of the driver's actions will eventually haunt, or bother him as he grows older; I know from experience, I was a 16-year-old when I was at fault for a near-fatal collision in 1980.

The other man was elderly, and badly injured; my friends got out & ran, I rushed to the man's aid, barely able to breathe, shaking uncontrolably at the sight of his massive injuries. As people gathered, thier anger towards me was unbearable. I nearly vomitted from nausea, but held what little composure I could...until the cops showed up. Lost my license for almost 4 years, and never whined about that, I didn't have the right to.

My family was sued for huge amounts, but they lost because I was a 'minor'... My accident was one of the last to occur, before the law went into effect that you MUST carry auto-insurance! When I got my license back, I still wasn't able to drive for another year-and-a-half, because I couldn't afford the liability premiums!

I cherish life, AND my driving privilege; haven't had a moving violation in over 28 years now.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Desensitized to the point of social zombies

Yes, indeed. We are desensitized like zombies. Read through the thread.

Line'em up in a public square and beat them 'til they lose consciousness. It hardly justifies or makes amends, but perhaps they and those that witness it will learn a lesson about crime and punishment.

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This DID happen in Australia - at Miami on the Gold Coast of Queensland.

Just clarifying that point...pardon the one liner

res

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Smoke some weed
Get the munchies.
Go out for some food.
Get in an accident.
Bummer man.
Hey there's some nub helpin the old dude in the other car.
Yeah, check it out an old lady too, pretty freaky stuff huh dude.
Who freegin cares I got the munchies.
No prob man I got pizzahut on speed dial.
No freegin way, look at all that blood, he's freegin spewin!
Laughter.
Shut up man and call for some food just order something.
Those old rasins gonna die ya think?
Laughing - Who cares, gimme another slice.
Still got the munchies.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I am not entirely convinced the kids did anything wrong to be honest. Just as someone said above, people were already attending to the people in the other car. Even if they were not hurt, they still had to stay at the scene of the accident. That could very well be up to 5-6 hours. Its not unheard of for people to order food. Get something to eat.

Here is a scenario: You and your friends are in a car accident. You are dazed, but check to make sure you are alright. It takes you a couple minutes to get out of the car. Once you get out. You look at the other car several people are already there helping them. You decide it is better to sit on the curb and wait for the ambulance and the police. The ambulance shows up and immediately starts helping the people in the car, which are in need of it. The police setup a barrier. The police officer there tells you that he needs you license and registration, and tells you not to go anywhere. They then proceed to do a through investigation on you. The fire department shows up and uses the Jaws of life to extract the people finally. 3-4 hours have passed and you still haven't give your statement to the police. You are hungry because it is now 8pm and you haven't eaten since lunch time at school. You order food, while waiting for the police. Food shows up. The police, ambulance, and fire department get the other people out of there. The other ambulance crew gives you a look over. you give your statement, the officer verifies insurance, and ID, you are finally free to go. Your parents come pick you up. With this being said, I can see the clean up after the accident being 5-6 hours.

If the kids were not trained in emergency services, and people were already helping them, it was better for them to stay put. They' re required by law not to leave the scene. If they are hungry, they need to eat.

While I would have chosen not to eat. I do not believe the kids did anything immoral, or showed any inhuman traits. Maybe so lack of wisdom, but there teenagers, what do you expect.

I am not condoning the kids, what I am offering is an alternative method to looking at the situation. There are always 2 sides to a story, we haven't heard from the kids themselves.

Cheers,

Camain

top topics

<< 1   >>

join