It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted above Amsterdam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
tuesaday november 25th people noticed some strange blue lights in the sky above amsterdam north. It was observerd by many. I have attached the article below. It is in dutch but there's foto's and video.

The video shows lights making a circle as if there was a huge disk making 360 degree turns. See for yourself. And maybe someone can translate the article.

Link to original (dutch) on-line newspaper

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It sounds like some kind of roller coaster, or some ride that I've been on that just goes in circles, the sea dragon. There also seems to be a voice on a loud speaker, probably someone in the distance filming the ride. My best guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i've spent some time in amsterdam and lemme tell you, after an hour or two i was seeing UFOs all over the place....
interesting nonetheless

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

I wonder if it says anything about searchlights.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There was a lot of cloud that evening...when I saw these lights with my own eyes to me they looked like normal lazer lights dancing around the low clouds ...which is nothing new as these lights are seen regular above the city
mind you they where coming from a new direction that evening
I just thought some one must have set up some new lights and where having fun playing with them while the cloud was low

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

It's a pretty cool vid but the pictures on the right give weight to the spotlight explaination. In the pic that shows 4 lights you can see a beam of light coming down from the light on the left, it becomes less visible on the other lights. This could be an illusion though.

www.blikopnieuws.nl.../foto/200811251227645063_104508.jpg&&tekst=

The shape of the light being slightly oval would lend itself to the explaination of a spotlight shining upwards at an angle elongating the spot in this way (visible in the same pic).

The way they spin around in the video looks more ufo like though.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A dutch couple stated:
"Eerst dachten mijn vrouw en ik aan lazerlicht, maar dan moet je de lichtbundels van onder zien opkomen. Dat was niet het geval. Zal de komende dagen meer naar de lucht staren als voorheen"

translation
"First my wife and I thought it was some sort of laserlight, but then one should see the light source, the lightbeams shining upwards. That was not the case. I will look up to the sky more then I did before"

I somehow expect you will probably be right after all. Sounds too good to be true anyway.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
And maybe someone can translate the article.

Translation:

The past weeks Amsterdam has been under the spell of strange round lights appearing in the sky above the city. The police initially assumed they were Chinese or Thai fortune baloons, but this seems to not be the case. Our reporter, who got a tip from a distressed citizen, captured the lights on photo and video this Tuesday night.

Last Saturday multiple people reported seeing strange lights in the sky above Amsterdam. Further investigation concluded that these were almost certainly fortune baloons. These baloons were reportedly launched from a field at the Floraweg (street) in Northern Amsterdam Saturday night.

What exactly happened last Tuesday in Northern Amsterdam is not known at this time. Two groups of two lights were visible. There was also one single light visible. These lights moved independently from one another but also at the same time simultaneously in a circle.

If more people witnessed this strange event please let our redaction know. At UFO net (website) strange reports have come in over the last two months.

Eyewitness Accounts:

"Yes I saw them today around 16:45. I assumed it was street lighting shining up from the ground. They were all round and luminous and moved in a circle. Because it was not yet fully dark I wanted to come back later for a better view but totally forgot about it."

"We also saw the lights tonight. At first we thought they were lasers but in that case one must see the lasers shoot up from the ground, which was not the case."

"We saw this phenomenon around 17:00 this Tuesday in Eelde (more then 100 miles from Amsterdam). It looked like a fireball with a mushroom like dome. It slowly passed over our house and then started changing altitude rapidly at high speed. It hovered for a short time and then suddenly disappeared."

Interesting case indeed. I will keep an eye out on the skies above Amsterdam.

[edit on 26/11/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
"First my wife and I thought it was some sort of laserlight, but then one should see the light source, the lightbeams shining upwards. That was not the case. I will look up to the sky more then I did before"
[edit on 26-11-2008 by 2Faced]
makes no sense. First of all such searchlights aren 't lasers. And 2nd, (i see those searchlights quite often) you don't necessarily see a lightbeam beneath it. If they're far away, you'll only see their projections on the clouds.
That being said, the motion of these particular lights is unlike i have seen with searchlights, but it could be some new state of the art model...and the fact that they suddenly disappear point towards searchlights..

[edit on 26/11/2008 by errorist]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

The mainstream media has picked up on it now here in The Netherlands.

www.telegraaf.nl...,1

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree - 99% sure they are spotlights.....I saw something similar to where I live...they never used to be there....one to the south west and one north east....got me thinking for a while...Im pretty sure they are still there and can only be seen when hitting a cloud....otherwise they cant be seen....

new topics

top topics

join