It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dead space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
anyone playing this game yet from EA ive only just started to play it and cant wait for the next installment of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

I wanted to get it, but i decided to get gears of war 2 instead, i've been spending a fortune on games since i got my xbox 360.

But looking forward to getting the game, looks good!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
much better if it was first person tho really

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

Every game will have something someone is not happy with, sucks that way..

Kinda weird that that they wouldn't let you select different views like from 1st to 3rd..

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
anouther gripe is the controlls for it are over the place like your map inventory button and moon gravity jumps etc they done a good game but they tried to hard and give it a little over kill i think

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's a great game and scary as hell. I have played all of the "survival" horror games and they didn't really scare me. The only horror movie that ever scared me was the Descent and I loved it. But this game scares the crap out of me. Its amazing.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just finished the game , i can tell without any doubts that this is one of the games of the year.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I played this when it came out, and I'm not really into the "survival-horror" games all that much. but I really enjoyed this game. It was actually creepy and made me jump a few times. I liked the 3rd person style and the 3d map, a pretty cool feature. If they do make a second one, I'll be playing for sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You keep saying "Survival Horror" does that mean this is similar to Res Evil and so on?
I like those games anyway.

Can you give a scare/shock comparison to Doom 3?

I'm really interested in this game, the main reason I heard about it is because James Wan (Director of Saw) directed one of the adverts for the game. It was creepy as hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It is way WAY WAY WAY more creepier than both of those games combined. You can't compare the three.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
it is a shame just that what lets it dwn is your guy is to the far left looks good etc etc would be better if it was first person shooter

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just finished playing the Dead Space: dismemberment demo I downloaded.
Damn that was hard, it was mission3 were you have to turn on the engine in the engine room.
I love the ripping off limbs except when it's me.
It seemed a little clunky to control, like old tomb raider games, but I liked it.

One question for those who have finished mission 3, I got torn apart at the end off the demo when you leave the room, does this happen in the real game? If so how do you come back, it happened automatically and there was nothing I could do about it.

All in all I like the look of it and it is nicely creepy but as I say it just felt too clunky.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great representation of its genre and the graphics were pretty cool. Its too bad there was no multiplayer aspect to it though. Its one of those games with absolutely no replayability so once you finish it thats it. I found the 3rd person perspective a little clunky.

It would have been far better if

-you could switch between 3rd person and 1st person like Fallout 3
-added a radar for enemy detection
-had multiplayer where you could play as the aliens as well
-more different kinds of weapons
-cheaper prices at the store so you could buy all the different weapons, armor, and be able to upgrade them to the fullest.
-longer game play (I found it was too short)

All in all it was a good scary game but really needs more to it to make it worth the cost. I suppose I would rather spend 60+ bucks on a game that I will get a lot out of.

Its too bad that they don't make a great "Aliens vs Predator" for the next gen consoles like they had with PC.

Nothing more scary than walking through a facility/ship all dark except for the red lights and having your motion sensor go off.

Another great idea for next gen consoles would be an updated version of the classic warhammer 40000 "Space Hulk" like they had for the old 3DO game machine.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you on the radar. For one that would make things too predicable. They don't want you knowing where the monsters are for then you wouldn't be as terrified. I found myself very pleased with the game. I even watched the movie! I did hear they are definitely making a sequel and possibly even a theatrical movie!

top topics

join