It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Got this the same time as I got Mirrors Edge. First mission you are Darth Vader on the Wookie planet. You whoop all! Then fight a Jedi, killing him, and finding his much more powerful son! Controls are easy thankfully. And so far loving it!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What system did you get it for? Have been thinking of picking this one up for my Wii (only system I have).
I wanna do some Jawa punting!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I got it for the PS3. Looks amazing. Amazing graphics, gameplay, and so far cool storyline.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

i heard the wii version isnt that great, but it depends on what you like. If you'd rather have multiplayer mode in exchange for high end graphics i suggest you get it if not, then dont waste your money.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Falken

Nah, I don't care much about graphics, just the game play. I heard the wii version wasn't that great, but was it JUST because of the graphics? Perhaps I should just rent it first to test it out. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Would people who hate starwars still enjoy it?Lightsabers are cool but the rest of the universe is lame.

Maybe they should just make a game where you kill starwars dorks with lightsabers.Now that would be deace.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Well, you get to kill Wookies, Jawa's, Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, Chicken Walkers, and Jedi. So it's like going up to a movie line for EIII and shooting all the dorks dressed up.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok you lost me at wookies.So its fun yah?"Kinda like han solo who likes to stroke his own wookie" haha that was a funny song.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I rented, played, and beat the Wii version.

I really liked it, actually. The graphics were nothing spectacular. But you get to swing a light-saber around with your own hand, and throw stuff with the Force. It's fun! I'm sure the other console version(s) are fun too, with no doubt superior graphics.

I recommend trying out the multiplayer. My friends and I were cracking up every time we dropped each other into a bottomless pit, using the Force.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
stay close to the jedi and slash slash slash
when he pushes you away jump back over his force ground blasts
and repeat slash slash slash

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I played the demo and didn't really like it. The force powers were cool and all but it just got kind of boring. I am getting old.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well, I got it for Christmas and I haven't stopped playing it.

All of the Force powers are very cool. And, I have tried putting on a cheat so that I have unlimited force power... the best part is that I can now shoot lightning from my hands without ever stopping. So, just for fun I stood there and shocked a jedi to death for about 5 minutes straight and he died. hahah. Good times.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I had this for the wii and thought it was quite a good game, loved the beginning, Vader totally owns every Wookie lol.

Then I played it on my cousins PS3 and was totally blown away!! Now I dont play on the wii version anymore because the graphics look so bad
ahh well!

Off topic> for the PS3 owners out there...is it worth the money?? I'm very tempted to buy one but the only games I've seen and liked so far are The Force Unleashed and Little Big Planet.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

haha, I do the best with what I got. I wish I had a PS3.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's really fun on Wii...nothing like moving your own hand and having it do a force push on screen.... I really felt like Darth hurling around Wookies...(and making their guns fire on them).

I also use the lightsaber accessory for the Wii controller, so was also actually weilding a red lightsaber, LOL....

As for PS3, if you're thinking of a getting a Blue ray player, it's really just some extra money and you get a console to boot....makes it easier to price justify....

Wii can't touch the PS3 or 360 for graphics, but sometimes, better gameplay and the mutliplayer option simply outweigh it for us older folks (who still remember when home gaming consoles were like the Atari 2600), hehe..

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

i agree also the best thing to come out of the star wars gaming universe in a lonng time.....as for the dorks in cinema line..oucch harsh ..dont like cosplay do you ? hahah

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I liked that game. beat it pretty fast though, could have been longer. You really get a good sense of the force powers in this game. just about everything is tossable with the force. Love that. can rip off parts of a wall and throw it at stormtroopers.

I think it's a great test bed for more games of that sorta playcontrol. I want to see a sequel. True they will ahve to find a new Sith character but a longer more involved sequel with more worlds would be rad. Loved Fulucia. very very good job with those two boards. and the rancors are pretty awesome too.

Only thing is when you get the most powerful lightening storm it's almost too easy to fry about 10 stormtroopers at once. but the way the lightening arcs from one and then to the other is pretty rad. I just feel bad for the rodians. they squeal after you fry them.

Love tossing tie fighters into things.

join