It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These people must be hiding under their covers in shame

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This video is chronicling the many appearances by Peter Schiff on shows claiming that there is going to be a housing crisis and stocks are going to totally going to lose a lot of their value and many prominent (and some nobodies) laughing at him and mocking him such as Ben Stein and the creater of the Laffer Curve. What is even more ironic, is that when these things were being shot, the DOW was at around 13,000-13,500 and today it closed at 7,500. I think they were wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm actually speechless to be honest.

Fool, after fool, after fool, after fool mocked and laughed at Peter Schiff.

I'm stunned how dead-on he was on so many of his forecasts. Kudos to you Peter Schiff!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There are always people who refuse to see what's right in front of them. Anyone with half a brain knew in 2006 that the housing bubble was going to explode and explode spectacularly in short order and that it would have ripples throughout the broader economy. Anyone with half a brain now knows that our situation is going to get much worse before it gets any better.

Looks like Laffer owes Schiff a penny.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I agree, Peter Schiff stood his ground despite mockery amongst his colleagues. This is an excellent post to say the least. Starred and flagged. I'm curious to know, where are those other people now?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I love it. I like Schiff's reasoning if not necessarily his calls

His Gold call in the OP video is a good one but only if you sold at $1k.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would think so but I don't think the ones you mentioned are capable of shame

maybe it's hard to feel shame when you're sitting on top of a mountain of stolen money

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Fantasy Island or the Optimistic porpaganda slingers should have another debate this year and explain how they got qualified to make those predictions.
Just as Ron Paul works over the ever smirking Bernake who you can lead to water but can't make him drink. So much for his expertise of finances and the 29 depression.
The obvious just goes in one ear and out the other while the financials are robbing the Citizens and then slung TARP, which is already lacking transparency and strick oversight of specified useage, from Paulson to the profiteers as in a twisted reverse Robin Hood sitcom.

It's like taking the lowest Neilson rated show without profitable sponsors and producing season after season, paying the B actors unprecidented salaries.

I believe a 5th grader could do the math that all of these "pros" seem to not understand.

God help us all, since the Congress doesn't seem to get it either.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
American TV 'knowitalls' make themselves look like complete fools. The thing that bugs me is, you know if asked about the current climate they will back peddle and say "we told you so" with a big grin accross their face

Hmm I wonder Where have I seen that before, where have I seen an american knowitall back peddle and totally contradict his/her original claims? Oh yeas thats it THE GOVERNMENT!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nicely done. It would be interesting to see if any of the MSM cared to show this YouTube montage? It would be great to get the same assembled loons with Peter, and let him sit there and him and haw, and heckle and belittle, etc.

The man is due his poetic justice--no? I wonder why he is not on more, or is it the PTB who control MSM don't like the Village Idiot now that he has been proven right, and has exposed the corrupt system?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

6/5 - "At an investment symposium I attended last night, someone asked me whether I thought Lehman Brothers was going under. I said, no, no I didn't think so. It's got a great franchise with a good cash position, reduced leverage, much better management than Bear and a buyback that's kicking in that wouldn't if things were as bad as the bears make it out to be. -Jim Cramer, CNBC

Not too long after saying this, Lehman disintegrated.

Psychics, Weathermen, Financial Forecaster... it appears being right isn't a qualification for these jobs.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by NinjaCat542]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ron Paul knew it was coming too, even before Peter Schiff.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Art LAffer is a moron!

I hope people bring this up and play it back to him - live on air and watch him squirm. "No I don't believe ANY of it" - he said. What a c.. haracter!!

Never trust a thing he says. Ever.

Connugy

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Excellent thread, this guy should be hired by Obama as a financial adviser immediately!

I think there was some clear "denial" going on here, these people just didn't want to see what was going to happen, and no amount of evidence would persuade them that their future was bleak.

I hope they all remember these TV appearances and apologize to him for the way he was mocked.

They deserve everything they get. And he deserves to be applauded for his professionalism and intelligence.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

This video is chronicling the many appearances by Peter Schiff on shows claiming that there is going to be a housing crisis and stocks are going to totally going to lose a lot of their value

I'm thinking this is a public "circus" by the media. Perhaps to make this crash seem like an unpredictable event. Believe what you want. I believe this crash was an engineered event.

Fact is, the "government" employs armies of accountants and ecomomists. They knew what was happening quite literally YEARS ago. They knew what the effects of their housing legislation would be.

There *is* a smoking gun here -- the government quit producing the M3 statistical figure (money supply) on March 23rd 2006. Also, a financial analyst I know was pointing out government manipulation of financial statistics as far back as the early 1990's. When the stats started to show failing performance, the government simply changed the composition of those stats.

I believe the Wall Street bailout, the no-bid contracts, massive overt contractor fraud and "missing" trillions are all a part of the scramble for the assets of the dying republic. Open theft without conquences. Folks, The fix is in.

Are you prepared for short-term survival?

[edit on 11/21/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I would love to see these guys come back on the very same cable networks, have this video played for them and ask them to explain themselves. What bothers me isn't that they disagreed with Peter Schiff, but rather the total arrogance with which they dismissed his predictions -- like it was total lunacy. And I mean Schiff was backing up what he said with pretty solid logic.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

What I find so unbelievable is:
All the people in the Vid are all "experts", made ship loads of money, and
the only thing they can agree on is that don't agree on anything.
I am not an "Expert" but at least Shiffy is closer to my own perception
of the problem. But some of those "Experts" appear to living on
Fantasy Island where the sun always shines and it never rains.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The same happen here in ATS when many of us where telling about the down fall of our economy.

Many more where laughing and calling us dooms and gloom sayers and that we were bad for wanting the US to go down.

After all at the time our president was telling everybody that the economy was strong and to go out and buy, buy and buy to support the nation.

Still to this day is many Americans that have not clue what is going on around them.

Have anybody seen Bush lately?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ben Stein should go back to class. Bueller.....Bueller? I hope nobody made investments based on the advice of those idiots.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What I find so unbelievable is:
All the people in the Vid are all "experts", made ship loads of money, and
the only thing they can agree on is that don't agree on anything.
I am not an "Expert" but at least Shiffy is closer to my own perception
of the problem. But some of those "Experts" appear to living on
Fantasy Island where the sun always shines and it never rains.

They are experts at doing there job of "pumping" the market.......

They are only paid schills that make their living off the market.....no different than a financial adviser saying "stay in it....bottom's here.....ride it out....etc"

How they sleep at night, I 'll never know............

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Many more where laughing and calling us dooms and gloom sayers and that we were bad for wanting the US to go down.

There is a difference to what Peter Schiff says and what many ATS'ers say (some ATS'ers did say what he said though). And furthermore, he is educated and extrapolated these things himself with sound thought, while most ATS'ers repeat what they read on conspiracy sites, run around in circles and say the sky is falling. There is a total difference in my mind. I am one of those people that call people doom and gloomers when they say we will be living in the stone age after this and to store can food. Saying there is a stock bubble and it is going to burst is different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join