It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to Atlantology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There are ancient signs carved into stone for us to see, left as a proof of what Our ancestors knew.
It is as if they one day knew that their physics would be rediscovered - perhaps these things were created so they would not be forgotten.. oh well

Observe the angles of the radiating patterns on Celtic stone and metal working.

Now compare these same angles to the numbers Hoagland (a fellow atlantologist) uses when he discusses Hyperdimensional and Torsion-field physics. They should not be using these numbers, at least not without the equations from which they are derived. This is like finding a variation of 3.14... or e=mc^2 in a neolithic cave painting, that is how out of place this is.

There is a new mathematical theory that presupposes the presentation of a point of infinite diversion should a monoatomic string attempt to impact upon a spherical object, these would elements would 'bounce' between universes until they reconstituted in there original form (like a strand of pearls). Basically, the strand of elements becomes a wave function beforer returning to it's original "strand of pearls" linear formation. Strangely, It also gains mass and increases in speed after reconstituting...

This is just a way that Hyperdimensional/Torsion field physics presents itself, and many ancient cultures seems to have representations of this. I have no doubt you will find it in many ancient cultures rumoured to have been advanced in the distant past.

Under laboratory conditions and with advanced measuring equipment we were able to view this action using plasma.. It is by the "displacement or excitation of the plasma that the effects were revealed.

I have seen it before, it is a Celtic symbol. It has a Circle with three white and three black "swirls" emerging from the center, they widen before tapering and then coalescing on the opposite side exactly as they were . It is often represented in 2 dimensions.

Here are some prime examples, bring them to a person who knows their quantum theory:
esr.earlham.edu...
www.fortunecity.com...
www.eso-garden.com... ( an excellent representation of the Point of infinite Diversion and the Torsion Field)

I hope I have made myself comprehensible this time around, but I believe that if we could prove the ancient Irish were in possession of this advanced mathematics - we would be able to refute the misinfo purveyed by the MSM and in our schools . Hopefully this would allow for a more open and honest look at history by Academia, and the truth would be written into our literature - the lies thrown out...

...Our ancestors should not have had this math. It is more advanced than General Relativity.

This is the Highest level of mathematics and we will be using the Large Hadron Collider/CERN as a proving ground to test our most advanced theories.. Did the precursors to the Celts have something similiar? or did someone tell them? What is going on and why was this so important as to be replicated so often and in Stone and composed resilient metals like copper and gold?

It must have been important, but nobody really knows what it means... these particular symbols predate the concept of the Holy Trinity so it most certainly could not be a representation of that. Nor does it represent any particular ancient God or person, yet appears frequently throughout the Celtic culture.

*It wasn't until a few years ago that the Celtic Cross was actually proven to be a surveying/landscaping/measurement device - I though that much would be obvious when one observes the scenes carved into the majority of Celtic Crosses - Construction Work, mostly.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Awesome stuff. that link to Tsarion was cool.

Any more googles worth watching that anyone can recommend?

Cheers

wZn

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I want to extend a personal thanks to the folks posting in this thread. I don't post very much, and do tend to be a skeptic, as it were. However, I have to admit that from the early 60s, Atlantis has been a favorite topic of my fantasy rambles.

I'm not necessarily into "Atlantis", as I don't feel the need to prove or disprove the idea. I suspect that as we dig deeper and deeper, and ultimately do not destroy ourselves, we will find more things that we have a difficult time explaining with our current paradigm of human history.

It crosses my mind, from the evidence found so far, and from my belief in the efficacy of humanity, that it is probably foolish to make ironclad statements based on what we know of our history to this point.

I, personally, disallow channeling, mainly because, regardless of my personal beliefs or non-beliefs, channeling is a generally non-provable detail. For example, my tiny shell-shocked mind intimates to me that a number of Cayce's predictions have failed to materialize. the brouhaha over Mu (not to be confused with Lemuria, I guess), and other non-verifiable, non-provable, tidbits of wisdom, leave a sour taste to what, otherwise is a valid, and valuable field of study.

I, personally, don't care if it was called Lemuria, Mu, Atlantis, or New Jersey...
... It is a part of my belief system that someone went before... Someone a very long time ago, got smart, developed, and in some currently unexplained fashion, went away.

Please, if possible, lets try to keep this civil. It' one of the "funnest" threads on ATS in a very long time.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by sigung86]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I've always been interested on this subject. I also hope this thread on SPECULATION isn't derailed by people who claim things are false until proven correct, and then claim that's a "scientific" way to think of it. If we've learned anything over our history in any sciences or the "study of" (= ology) anything, is that just because something is not proven yet doesn't mean it's not true. Also just because some proof has been shown doesn't mean it's true. There have been many cases where what was once proven to be true ended false, and what was once proven false was true. So i say continue the speculations that atlantis did exist and go from there as the OP had originally discussed and asked. Besides where would we be if Einstein never published anything...i mean he had to of been wrong, he had only ideas and speculations and could not prove much of anything he thought. That is untill later.

If i'm ranting, i appologise, it's just people amaze me to no ends. But i also wanted to touch on channeling. Asking someone to speak a foreign language to prove channeling? that's absurd, how would he do that? by saying hey i'm John and i can't speak zwaheelee but i will channel then speak it, or haveing a friend say he can't? What is asked is quite difficult to do. Until we can create machines to read minds and 100% effective lie-detectors i don't think proving such a thing is possible...nor disproveing it. And a list of words to be repeated back with different inflections, plurals or whatever. i sincerely hope that is done one word at a time cause an increased memory is not a sign of channeling, nor is being able to shape your lips and move your tongue in a manner to pluralise a word or change an inflection is proof either. Plus there are channelers who do not speak...but write.

Ok now to hit on Atlantis, finally. I do believe Atlantis would be able to tidy up alot of loose ends all in one tidy package (perhaps to tidy). For example some of the things already hinted at, how certain plants, items have found their way to places where wany think as an abnormality cause of what would have been needed to get them there. What the OP, i believe is talking about would serve as a catch all for all of these. As of now there are several different theories for each abnormality found, and each one of those different involveing different cultures. I just don't really feel like getting into detail about that right now. But as has been stated before the simplest explaination is usually the correct.

In Central America they have found an object that they thought was a carveing of a bird, but looking at it better it resembles an airplane complete with cockpit. There was one individual who had made a larger scale of this object and it actually flew. Also there are heiroglyphics in egypt wich look like advanced vehicles we have now days (an airplane, helicopter, and submarine of sorts). Most of the theories i've heard/read on that is that aliens were the ones to show that technology to these peoples. I would be mor inclined to believe that a civilisation like the Atlanteans were the ones to show them this. Now where they came from or how they obtaine that technology...idk.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ok sky put ur trollies away and stop feeding them

in you list you mentioned reading up on Australian aboriginie culture i assume your refering to the dream time stories have you encountered anything that would suggest an advanced civilisation on the Australian continent.

im living in the out back atm and would be interested in ivestigating anything you have encountered in regards to their culture or stories

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
GREAT THREAD!

As an 'Atlantologist' myself, id like to add a little bit real quick, since I was reading up on this topic just before i dis-covered this thread, yall might find some of this info a little interesting:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.casalabarenda.com...

Personally, I believe that we ourselves are the current Atlanteans as well, will we make the same mistakes as before?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Hanslune

... to have a great library of information on Atlantis without dead ends will be nice.

Please keep in mind that without a dead-end, there wouldn't be new beginning.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You have to be completely crazy. close minded or brain washed to think there were no advanced civilisations thousands of years ago.

Quick search of ancient South American and African technologies:

Advanced cutting techniques (we are seeing the use of precolumbian stone saw)

And Balbeck stone cutting techniques and engineering

[edit on 18-11-2008 by FIFIGI]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great thread yet again SkyFloating; just hopefully add my two cents before anyone else has mentioned it. I've heard for a long time many different locations for Atlantis, the most recent was the Sahara Desert. Now I understand the Sahara could be the place where they were located due to the fact of Egytian scripts that mention an atlantian empire. I know that the Sahara used to be a florushing jungle and had alot of water. My question is the move to place it in the Sahara an easy way to get rid of this story because searching in a barrain desert is harder then searching in the sea? Also I heard the Sahara had water much more recently then previously thought about 5-6000 years ago predating the suspiction of the 7000 year old + Atlantian empire.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Since Sky didn't reply to you on this I will, the term "ology" which you said means that something given this suffix is turned into a scientific term; your completely wrong. The term ology means and this is quoted from Webster; •The English suffix -ology or -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline, and -ologist describes a person who studies that field. However not every field or study or discipline is an '-ology', for instance the study of childbirth is midwifery and a practitioner is a midwife. So according to this definition some phrases aren't supposed to end in ology, but anything to do with study and academic discipline can end in this; I would like to ask how you would find Atlantis without Study and Academic Discipline since the research to find such a place would take a billion life times. There is no where in the defintion that stats what your studying has to be fact, maybe you should get "proof" for your insult before being so hasty. I think I'm going to start calling myself a ShutDownOlogist.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Keep it up guys, im reallystarting to get into this. I think its skyfloating, he had the same effect with his uttersnberg mystery mountain thread (worth checking out if you like this one).

Havnt realy got anything productive to contribute at this point but would like to add my thoughts. What i dont understand is why that people debunk the theory of atlantis so easily due to lack of proof. Surely people can see that we are getting to the exact same position in our civilisations.... with global warming.... nuclear weapons.... risk of pandemics due to overpopulation.... we could all disapear overnight and no trace will remain.. only maybe to be found in ten thousand years?

I think it is very plausable and all effort going into debunking the idea should go into investigating the truth.

And what i am also starting to believe/understand is that all legends myths etc. must have a seed of truth in them in some way shape or form. Why is atlantis embedded in our culture at different levels? There has to be some truth out there somwhere....

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
What i dont understand is why that people debunk the theory of atlantis so easily due to lack of proof.

Technically that would be dismissing, not debunking. And its done so easily because... Well its easy. On page 1 I mentioned Mythical Magical Fantasy Atlantologists and As-Accurate-As-Can-Be Plato Historical Atlantologists: Skyfloating is clearly the former since that is the whole premise of the thread (he clearly state that by "advanced" he means as us or better). Why would that be easy to dismiss and/or debunk in relation to Platos Atlantis as described in Critias and Timias (or however the books are spelled)? Plato doesnt say a word about anything other than a bronze age civilization

I mean really, anyone can say that SOMETHING happened that we dont know about. I could make up a whole alternate timeline involving stargates, nuclear powered flight, demon invasions, alien usurpers, worldwide wars and a global cataclysm that the people in charge then deny, cover up and start from scratch with a made up history. And guess what? Just TRY to debunk it! I will counter any argument you make with the fact its been covered up, that every text from that era is a fake from the medieval times, that carbon dating dont work, that Zeus himself came down and cleared the earth of any evidence, whatever. Most important of all, I wont listen to a word you say.

Still dont understand?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyfloatingHas anyone @ ats entertained he notion that perhaps this previously dominant/advanced civilization is still around & still dominant...just undetectable to the common man for whatever reasons? Please comment...I feel this is an important prospect to explore...thanks, plainmike

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Your point is valid, but what i would say is that if you 'released' your theory on the history of the world, no-one would believe in it because you would sound like a crazy loner.

The Atlantis theory has been around for centuries and there have been myths and legends about it throughout the generations. And like i said, theres got to be a seed of truth in there somwhere.

I havn't heard any myths about nuclear spaceflight and carbon dating being 'dismissed' as of yet.

So do you honestly believe that Atlantis or somthing like it never existed? Artefacts from ancient civilisations are being found all the time liek the anciend pyramids in south america etc... Not to mention the natural wonders like the crystal caves in mexico.

We havn't been anywhere near to the depths of the planet and the sea as of yet due to our lack of technology. Who knows what will be found? I base most things on scientific evidence, but at some point i believe you need to take a step back and realise that theres a lot we dont understand.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
Great thread yet again SkyFloating; just hopefully add my two cents before anyone else has mentioned it. I've heard for a long time many different locations for Atlantis, the most recent was the Sahara Desert. Now I understand the Sahara could be the place where they were located due to the fact of Egytian scripts that mention an atlantian empire.

There are not now, nor have there ever been, any Egyptian writings that mention any unknown civilization at all, much less any civilization predating the Egyptians.

I don't care that people here play with silly ideas like Atlantis, but when posters state ridiculous claims and aver that they are factual (as was done above) you can expect the contributions of reasoned skeptics to start appearing in this toy thread.

Originally posted by Lokey13
Since Sky didn't reply to you on this I will, the term "ology" which you said means that something given this suffix is turned into a scientific term; your completely wrong.
SNIP
There is no where in the defintion that stats what your studying has to be fact, maybe you should get "proof" for your insult before being so hasty. I think I'm going to start calling myself a ShutDownOlogist.

Semantically speaking, this is true.

The suffix "ology" does not require the subject be factual.

"Ology" simply means "the study of."

Originally posted by Lokey13I would like to ask how you would find Atlantis without Study and Academic Discipline since the research to find such a place would take a billion life times.

More than that.

Since Atlantis never, ever existed, to "find" it would take an infinite number of lifetimes.

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Thanks for the excellent pictures + info.

Here's one back for you: The Red Snake Enigma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Whatever the case may be, the Sahara...and especially whats under it...is still mostly unexpxlored. Its not that easy to dig in such a vast space. Not to mention political tensions in the area that block access to major parts of it.

I think Sahara is a really good guess as to where more will be found in the Future. Good that you bring it up.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A piece of juicy meat for Atlantologists, referring to Romans stopping at the Canary Islands on their way to Mauretania:

The Roman author and military officer, Pliny the Elder, drawing upon the accounts of Juba II, king of Mauretania, states that a Mauretanian expedition to the islands around 50 BC found the ruins of great buildings, but otherwise no population to speak of.[3]

Some backstory here:

Mystery of the Guanches

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well hear you go Harte three connections based on Egypt to Atlantis. I hope you have your fork and knife; get ready to eat some words.

This is one of the first times Atlantis is ever mentioned, and wouldn't you know it says the first story ever told was originally voiced in Egypt.

In Plato's book, Timaeus, a character named Kritias tells an account of Atlantis that has been in his family for generations. According to the character, the story was originally told to his ancestor, Solon, by a priest during Solon's visit to Egypt.

Plato and Atlantis

Here is yet another reference...

It is not an easy question to resolve. Scientists naturally look askance at psychic information – if, that is, they are even aware of it. So, the authors observe, the readings were not used to guide archaeologic explorations over past decades. Consider, too: Turn back the clock beyond 4,000 B.C. and most scholars, especially those in Cayce’s day, believe it was a time of primitive cultures. The readings, however, give accounts of Atlanteans, described as a technologically advanced people, having migrated to Egypt – and other locales – over 12,000 years ago. Also, “the readings mention [human] ancestors as far back as 10 million years ago, and high civilizations 200,000 years ago.” Remains unearthed in recent years and carbon dated are adding more credence to the psychic revelations.

Atlantis - Edgar Cayce

And one final url, with the connections between Ireland, Egypt, and Atlantis and this one has to many quotes to put just on so please read the whole thing.
Egypt, Ireland, and Atlantis

Now Harte since I know you didn't bother to go to google and do the smart thing and look for something connecting the two before you bashed my post; I'm awaiting your apology. Otherwise I'm awaiting the same ignorant answers.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
So do you honestly believe that Atlantis or somthing like it never existed?

And that's when it starts to get diffuse... What do you mean "or something like it"? Atlantis is Atlantis, period. That's why I have problem with all these "Atlantis theories" in the first place: they're not about Atlantis!!!

So its really two questions there: Do I believe Atlantis never existed? Do I believe something like it never existed?

But... How could I possibly answer any of those questions to anyones satisfaction? First we all have to agree on what Atlantis is before even beginning to think on "something like it". And we cant do that, obviously.

Ignoring Skyfloatings idea of Atlantalogy however, I can easily answer that to at least my own satisfaction: YES and NO. I dont really believe Atlantis existed, because I dont think Plato had any idea what he was talking about in a historical sense: he was simply making up a nice story about corruption and Athenian heroism (they did win the war). However, there could have been something like it. In fact, the Minoans fit it quite nicely, even though they're not in the Atlantic obviously.

Btw, one of my theories a while ago was that Atlantis is a planted story by Phoenician sailors to keep the Greeks from exploring and thus taking their trade (impassable ocean)

[edit on 18-11-2008 by merka]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join