It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892 - MUST READ!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thanks to Muundoggie for bringing this to my attention in this thread. I did a search and couldn't see any previous threads about it. This, my friends, is about as damning as the evidence gets. Anyone who's still under any illusion that the banks have not been conspiring to enslave and deceive Americans (and likely all of the Western world) for at least a century might want to read this and WAKE UP.

Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. revealed the Bankers Manifesto of 1892 to the U.S. Congress somewhere between 1907 and 1917.

BANKERS MANIFESTO

We (the bankers) must proceed with caution and guard every move made, for the lower order of people are already showing signs of restless commotion. Prudence will therefore show a policy of apparently yielding to the popular will until our plans are so far consummated that we can declare our designs without fear of any organized resistance.

Organizations in the United States should be carefully watched by our trusted men, and we must take immediate steps to control these organizations in our interest or disrupt them.

At the coming Omaha convention to be held July 4, 1892, our men must attend and direct its movement or else there will be set on foot such antagonism to our designs as may require force to overcome.

This at the present time would be premature. We are not yet ready for such a crisis. Capital must protect itself in every possible manner through combination (conspiracy) and legislation.

The courts must be called to our aid, debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible.

When, through the process of law, the common people have lost their homes,
they will be more tractable and easily governed through the influence of the strong arm
of the government applied to a central power of imperial wealth under the control of the leading financiers.

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles.
This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

Source

[edit on 17/11/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
starred and flagged.

question...
to all who respond to this thread...

If you were a banker, at the top of the heap, understanding universal directives of mankind, in a world full of vastly uneducated barbarians..

Would you follow any other course of action than is illustrated here?

think about it.

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wait, there was another 'Manifesto' in 1934:

THE BANKERS’ MANIFESTO OF 1934

Capital must protect itself in every way, through combination and through legislation. Debts must be collected and loans and mortgages foreclosed as soon as possible. When through a process of law, the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and more easily governed by the strong arm of the law applied by the central power of wealth, under control of leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principle men now engaged in forming an IMPERIALISM of capital to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd. Thus by discrete action we can secure for ourselves what has been generally planned and successfully accomplished.

WAKE UP AMERICA!
WAKE UP UK!
WAKE UP EUROPE!

As prevenge said, this is too logical to be disputed. When you control money, when you're already obscenely wealthy, not only do you have the power to do anything to preserve that wealth, you have the incentive. I'd be suspicious if the banking elite had NOT put measures in place to maintain their status quo. It's not rocket science.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
but I'm also looking at it.. and asking responders.. from a spectator's standpoint... "would you do any different??"

as in.. what are they guilty of.. if they're doing what anyone in their situation would do?

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us

WOW.

This has surely come to fruition. People argue along class based and party based lines about arbitrary crap while the real issues (fiat currency being the largest) are equally ignored by both parties.

Chilling reading...

I think the only way to guarantee freedom is to never be in debt and manage your worthless paper money carefully (ie invest in gold, gilts, equities).

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
How convenient, Lindbergh just so happens to have been in Congress from 1907 to 1917; basically what people are saying is they don't know when the hell he introduced this, they just somehow "know" it was introduced sometime during his presence in Congress.

It's funny that I can't find any information about this, but here's an editorial note from one website that reported on this Manifesto:

Editorial Note: The following article was brought to the attention of the FDL by the Dove www.nesara.us... in her report dated Monday, December 08, 2003 23:34, giving its source as www.dlkconsultants.org/manifesto.htm. We went to the source and have reproduced the text we found there below. No copyright information was included with the source file.

Source

Also:

Source of where the website dlkconsultants.org came from.

Turns out dlkconsultants.org doesn't exist anymore, but thankfully there's a website out there that allows people to view snapshots of websites in time, and here it is:

They were only around since 2002

Click on "Jun 30, 2002", you get a website that reads something like this:

I'm not going to promise you anything and this may or may not be for you, but if you knew FOR SURE it was possible to earn $40,000 up to $100,000 per month and retire in a few years -- is that a business you would want to at least know about? I was very skeptical and wanted to know if it was really happening or if it was just a another "Hype". And to my surprise, I plundered into the "Mother Load" of all Network Companies. There are people like you and I already making $10,000 - $20,000 - $30,000 - $50,000 - And even $100,000 per month. So what is different with this company than any other? The Answer! Because they have the most Unique product on the face of the earth. A Product that is making people Vibrant Healthy and Radically Wealthy.

Yeah, that sounds like a reliable source.

Click on any 2003 snapshot and you'll see they overhauled their scam website to be more in line with "debts, mortgage, and financial problems" you can navigate around their site and you'll find that they are offering "free consultations" on how to remove debt and help with financial problems.

From the looks of it, it was a scam website trying to sucker people into consultations and getting desperate people to buy whatever the hell they were selling. I'm going to assume that this "manifesto" was a way for them to play on peoples fear and desperation so they would open their wallets.

Here's the snapshots of the Manifesto as well, which apparently only existed since 2003 on their website:

Here

For something so controversial and damning when it comes to banks and bankers you'd think something like this would have already been known about, at least in a historical context. Save for a handful of websites there's no information at all on this Manifesto.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by davion]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davion

Well thank you for that. I suppose I should be a little more reserved about the integrity of this manifesto. May or may not be legitimate, but if not, that's where skepticism becomes invaluable.

Perhaps someone else is well positioned to authenticate this!? If not, I think prevenge's point is still an important one. Why would the super-wealthy elite bankers do anything else?

I'll have to look into it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
can't find any record of him writing or releasing that manifesto..

but after reading his wiki biography..

he seems a pretty unlikely candidate to have written such..

en.wikipedia.org...

Famous quotes -

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President (Woodrow Wilson) signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill."[4]

Also quoted as: * "This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on Earth. When the President signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized, the people may not know it immediately but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed.... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill." *

"A radical is one who speaks the truth."[4] * "The Aldrich Plan is the Wall Street Plan. It means another panic, if necessary, to intimidate the people. Aldrich, paid by the government to represent the people, proposes a plan for the trusts instead." - The Aldrich Plan (History of central banking in the United States) was a forerunner to that which spawned the Federal Reserve. *

"To cause high prices, all the Federal Reserve Board will do will be to lower the rediscount rate..., producing an expansion of credit and a rising stock market; then when ... business men are adjusted to these conditions, it can check ... prosperity in mid career by arbitrarily raising the rate of interest.
It can cause the pendulum of a rising and falling market to swing gently back and forth by slight changes in the discount rate, or cause violent fluctuations by a greater rate variation and in either case it will possess inside information as to financial conditions and advance knowledge of the coming change, either up or down.
This is the strangest, most dangerous advantage ever placed in the hands of a special privilege class by any Government that ever existed.
The system is private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money. They know in advance when to create panics to their advantage, They also know when to stop panic. Inflation and deflation work equally well for them when they control finance."*

"The financial system [...] has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That board administers the finance system by authority of [...] a purely profiteering group. The system is private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money."

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

If you were a banker, at the top of the heap, understanding universal directives of mankind, in a world full of vastly uneducated barbarians..

Not all bankers are/were corrupt and evil and some actually had their priorities straight. It's unfortunate that there isn't someone like Wellborn helping us out of this mess today!

The Bank Meets Its First Crisis

If the economic shocks of World War I brought business and elements of prosperity to the Atlanta Fed, the postwar consequences brought worries and one dramatic test of the Bank’s ability to break the boom-and-bust cycles that had played havoc with the region’s agrarian economy. The disputes between Wellborn and McCord had been settled just in time to leave Wellborn completely in control when the “bubble” of postwar inflation sent prices soaring and then crashing. Wellborn’s daring leadership guided the Bank to one of its finest hours.

The bubble burst spectacularly in the summer of 1920, when cotton dropped from 40 cents a pound to 9 cents in just 60 days. Other commodities followed the same pattern. Cotton growers were caught with their crops in the fields and their market wiped out. It was for just such situations that the Federal Reserve Banks had been created, Wellborn believed, but he never had expected to confront the problem in such proportions. He did not hesitate, however, to put the full resources of the Bank behind the cotton crop of the South and the farmers and bankers who would fail if the crop did. Loans to member banks shot up from an already substantial $88 million earlier in the year to more than $182 million by November. In fact, Wellborn went well beyond the financial resources of the Atlanta Fed in his effort to supply credit...

When Harding continued to criticize the “too lenient” lending policy of the Atlanta Fed, an unrepentant Wellborn replied on December 23: “Your Board, it seems to me, is laboring under an error in thinking that it is our policy ‘to carry loans indefinitely for member banks until cotton reaches a price that is satisfactory to the producers’. . . . [O]ur policy is merely to give them reasonable time to find a market in these disturbed times, in order to keep them from ‘dumping’ their products on the market at one time. To do otherwise at this critical time would force a disaster upon our agricultural and business interests that might perhaps have the effect of bringing on a state of panic and bankruptcy.”

Wellborn’s strategy worked. The price of cotton rebounded to 20 cents a pound by September 1921, and the Atlanta Bank retired its borrowings from Cleveland by April of that year. The crisis passed. The prestige of both Wellborn and the Bank increased greatly as a result of such strong support for District enterprises. There was now a growing, grateful group of member banks, convinced of the value of membership. Nationwide, there were about 30,000 commercial banks in 1921, one-third of which were members. Of the 505 failures that year, though, 71, or only 14 percent, were member banks. Thus, in the eyes of many, the System was vindicated.

www.frbatlanta.org...

Jemison

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Compare this to a real legal document from the 1890s and you will find that it does not mesh either in language or composition.

Sorry but I call hoax.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Compare this to a real legal document from the 1890s and you will find that it does not mesh either in language or composition.

Sorry but I call hoax.

I hope you're right. But there are an awful lot of websites legitimizing it.

Interesting to note that Charles A. Lindbergh was somewhat famous for opposing the Federal Reserve Act.

"This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on Earth. When the President signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized, the people may not know it immediately but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed.... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill."

Sure sounds like the kind of person who would've brought attention to a banker manifesto, if one existed.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Yep.. and I bet you believe in the "Elders of Zion" papers as well..

I mean.. really.. look at all the Jews in Hollywood!

I mean.. it's logical! So it must be true!

Bah...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Seems like another "Protocols of Zion".

It certainly sums up what has happened and what is happening, but some people will be doubtful of the origin and discard the message as a result.

Since histories are written by historians, it seems sort of pointless to debate the veracity of the works. We really can't know.

A better line of questioning might be "Does it apply to the present situation? If so, what can be gleaned from this?"

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

great post! keep up the great work! -- and watch out for the disinfo folks who will try to disrupt and distract, thanks again.

here's another interesting one (speaking of Lincoln's Greenbacks):

"If this mischievous financial policy which has its origin in North American during the late war in that country, shall become endurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous without precedent in the history of the world. The brains, and wealth of all countries will go to North America. That country must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe." ~ Hazard Circular, inserted in 1865 London Times, speaking of Lincoln's 'Greenbacks'.

"Capital must protect itself in every possible manner by combination & legislation. Debts must be collected, bonds & mortgages must be foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through a process of law, the common people lose their homes they will become more docile & more easily governed through the influence of the strong arm of government, applied by a central power of wealth under control of leading financiers. This truth is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of Capital to govern the world. By dividing voters through the political party system, we get them to expend energies fighting over questions of no importance. Thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves what has been so well planned & successfully accomplished. ~Aug. 25, 1924 USA Banker's Magazine

here's the folks who privately own the Fed and their companies, which dominate all others: Federal Reserve Directors: A Study of Corporate & Banking Influence --U.S. House of Representatives, 94th Congress,
2nd session, Aug. 1976, Federal Reserve Directors,
a Study of Corporate & Banking Influence (72 charts)

and here's a few more:

"Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks & restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." ~ President Thomas Jefferson, 1801-1809

"Bankers are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out & by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our central bank system, there would be a revolution before morning. If the central bank continues to control our currency, receiving our public monies, & holding thousands of our citizens in dependence, it would be more formidable & dangerous than the naval & military power of the enemy. It is not our own citizens only who are to receive the bounty of our government ... More than 8 million dollars of the stock of this bank are held by foreigners ... Is there no danger to our liberty & independence in a bank that in its nature has so little to bind it to our country? If government would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favor alike on the high & the low, the rich & the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing."
~ President Andrew Jackson, 1829-1837

"Whoever controls the money of a nation, controls that nation & is absolute master of all industry & commerce. When you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation & depression originate."
~ President James Garfield, 1881

"We began planning the Revolutionary War in order to issue our own money again ...and keep King George III and Bank of England from enslaving us with debt, and making Americans their financial slaves. By the time the revolutionary war started, Apr. 19 1775, British taxation had sucked the gold and silver out of the American colonies, to Britain. So, we had to print money to finance the war." ~ Benjamin Franklin, a 'founding father', 1706-1790

"The privilege of creating and issuing money is the supreme prerogative of Government, the Government's greatest creative opportunity. By adoption of these principles, taxpayers are saved immense sums of interest." ~ President Abraham Lincoln, 1861-1866

[edit on 17-11-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
WOW. Sounds a lot like what's going on today.

Do you think this could have been in the works for this long? We all know the Depression was caused by deliberate Wall Street fear mongering. Maybe this was what they were working towards then. They just needed to adjust the markets and regulations more than they had originally anticipated.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

First two charts are from: Federal Reserve Directors: A Study of Corporate & Banking Influence -- Staff Report, Committee on Banking, Currency & Housing --U.S. House of Representatives, 94th Congress,
2nd session, Aug. 1976, Federal Reserve Directors,
a Study of Corporate & Banking Influence (72 charts) ...w/ownership shares added by Eustace Mullins free online copy of ‘Secrets of Federal Reserve’, by Eustace Mullins www.whale.to...

Third chart is by Antony Sutton (see videos at www.abovetopsecret.com...).

[edit on 17-11-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Okay compare that there with another primary source document of the time, a document of a similar nature to this 'manifesto'.

1896 Republican Platform:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is a hoax. This 'manifesto' fits in nicely with ol' Lindy's 'Money Trust' if you don't do any research e.g. Ah...he wrote that and the manifesto must be lodged in there somewhere etc

However, there is no mention of a banker's manifesto within this work (that I could find - doing a quick scan).

The language and grammar are wrong for the era (even for Americans)! Tickety Tock, must fly.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This doesn't even suprise me. Nothing at all is shocking. Only someone who in NO way thought that this was going on could be blind-sided by it. That person would have to believe without a shadow of a doubt that the banks work for THEM. This is... Of course... Not true.

Thank you for bringing this forward to enlighten the "common herd" as the bankers so eloquently put it. That dear ATSers is exactly how they see us... A herd.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I mean.. it's logical! So it must be true!

Easy there tiger. I never said it's true because it's logical, just that it's logical. I've already conceived to the possibility that this might not be genuine (and given credit where due) and am hoping we can get to the bottom of it. What more do you want from me?

Originally posted by counterterrorist
great post! keep up the great work! -- and watch out for the disinfo folks who will try to disrupt and distract, thanks again.

Thank you, and you're probably right. But I do actually appreciate the input by well-meaning skeptics here. Hopefully with a balanced outlook we can ascertain the integrity of this manifesto. I could do with checking my sources more thoroughly

Originally posted by tyranny22
WOW. Sounds a lot like what's going on today.

Do you think this could have been in the works for this long?

That's precisely why I posted it and yes, I'm confident that this agenda has outlasted a century or two (and that stands true whether this document is real or not). If the banks (or the elite at the top of the pile) have implemented a controlled demolition of the economy, it's not a new plan. It's one part of a very old, very intricate conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join